DDC XXX: Mike Mike Mike Mike Mike, What Day Is It Mike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ice has stopped. Now it is snowing.

emoticon-misc-005.gif

Sure wish quitin' time would get here a might sooner...

That looks like me at work.

Hey! As the resident state worker, that's my line! :rotfl2:

As a state university worker, we combine the efficiency and paperwork of state government, with a bureaucracy like no others. I think I have about 5 bosses, and have to notify 4 people of a calendar change.

Weird thing is, if we have a snow day, there is no make-up day. I guess they can afford that with our longer school year. :sad2:

Some government idiot decided to link teacher pay to # of school days. So, we have to make up this day in order to have pajama day, movie day, field day, ride day, choir day, percussion day, etc. Our public schools exist so that parents can have day care for their children so they can both go to work.

I remember one night a few years ago. We had to come in to work off-hours to do some maintenance. My (then) boss brought her husband's 4x4 Dodge Ram that she had never driven before because the forecast called for a few inches of snow while we were working. I had to show her how to work the 4x4 and explain that it only helps you go - it doesn't help you stop. She proceeded to run over the handicap parking sign post on her way out of parking lot. :rotfl:

Those parking signs are difficult to navigate over without four wheel drive. Good thing she had it enabled.

Airplane boarding in an hour for Charlotte then hoping I get to LEX. Once there 2 hours to the mountains weather permitting. My aunt made it through the night but we may be heading for NY tomorrow.

wow I leave you guys for a little bit and I come back to see the door wide open and a perfume like smell in here.

oh and sorry for the mess. But since when did we start putting the toilet seat down in here???

As a state university worker, we combine the efficiency and paperwork of state government, with a bureaucracy like no others. I think I have about 5 bosses, and have to notify 4 people of a calendar change.

And Lord help you if you didn't use the correct forms. :rotfl:

Duck, good luck to the girls on their acting debut. Don't let all that fame go to their heads.

I was looking forward to a decade-long rivalry with the disdad-eating cheetah, but it might not happen. It might not have worked out for me anyway- she has youth on her side and an unfair lack of career, home, and parenting obligations to take away her training time. But then again, I'm a male and therefore genetically superior in athletic endeavors. But youth trumps everything.

You do realize that she does have to take care of me which more than makes up for parenting duties. I won't let her know about the genetically superior remark, would not want to see you as road kill the next race you run together.

Morning Guys, TGIF!!

As a Canadian that has to endure many of your jibes about out colder climate,snow and ice, I sit here laughing as it rains outside with no snow on the ground while many of you talk about shoveling out and icy streets.

Have a good one and stay safe.

I resent that Darcy. I do not discriminate between Canadians and all those other unfortunate souls that live in the Northern clime. Just in case anyone is wondering, temp at the Tiki bar today is 83 and the only ice is in my vodka tonic. Diving conditions suck so it is likely that tomorrow I'll stay on land and spend my time by the pool.

Seriously, stay safe guys.

emoticon-misc-005.gif

Sure wish quitin' time would get here a might sooner...

Yeah, me too

I quit hours ago. I'm just sitting here pretending to be busy. :lmao:

Gentlemen , and CJ, I am heading out for the day. May all that are staying in the office find peace in the fact that the weekend is almost here. I don't get on line much over the weekend and with hoops starting up, DD 2 games and DD one this weekend, time will be short. As such, I expect to see you all on the new thread.

Mike, Mike, Mike, What day is it Mike…………..The day your thread is put to pasture….Sorry dude it had to happen eventually.:(:(

Airplane boarding in an hour for Charlotte then hoping I get to LEX. Once there 2 hours to the mountains weather permitting. My aunt made it through the night but we may be heading for NY tomorrow.

Travel safe! :confused3 I must have missed something. I hope your Aunt is OK. Prayers sent in the event she is not well.

wow I leave you guys for a little bit and I come back to see the door wide open and a perfume like smell in here.

Yup, that was CJ. Since the weather is always 83 and sunny he forgets sometimes.:laughing::laughing:

You do realize that she does have to take care of me which more than makes up for parenting duties. I won't let her know about the genetically superior remark, would not want to see you as road kill the next race you run together.

All in jest. Except the part about youth trumping everything. I stand by that remark. Actually at my age I'll just sit by that remark.

Are you referring to the Interloper that crashed the party, the toilet in the library or the Striper Dust and Lucky Charm’s farts?

Collectively they’ve all had quite an impact on this thread’s current state of disrepair.

All in jest. Except the part about youth trumping everything. I stand by that remark. Actually at my age I'll just sit by that remark.

I know you were, so was I. Well, not taking care of the old man part, it does take a toll on her. Shame you will not be making it this year but have a great time on the upcoming trip.

Another stupid rookie question...
We have recently entered the world of smart phones (I know- several years after most of you). What app(s) should I have downloaded on there for this trip. I won't have Magic Bands this trip due to being offsite. TouringPlans? MDE?

Another stupid rookie question...
We have recently entered the world of smart phones (I know- several years after most of you). What app(s) should I have downloaded on there for this trip. I won't have Magic Bands this trip due to being offsite. TouringPlans? MDE?

I use touring plans!!! send me a PM I might be able to help you out !!! ;)

Good afternoon. Took the day off work and took the kids to the Children's Museum. Had a good time. Good thing everybody else was snowed in. :lmao:

wow fri evening and no one posting? Are you guys not home planning some Disney trips?

Collectively they’ve all had quite an impact on this thread’s current state of disrepair.

That's Tag Fairy worthy as well.

Safe travels. It is ice and snow on this side of the state.

And Lord help you if you didn't use the correct forms. :rotfl:

Ahhh, the correct forms, which have to be orginals in a certain color now.

I guess the "The Office" was accurate for TPS reports, red staplers, and cubicle life. Can you imagine if they ever do a show about state government life? There would be revolt across the land.

All in jest. I currently dominate the sporting life here at my house. I play mine in basketball (3 on 1) and I win easy everytime. Of course, they are 11 & 9 & however old DW is. But, I still dominate.

Shoveled the snow from the driveway and spread some salt. DW made me pizza, peanut butter cookies, and cinnamon bread for dinner. You all remember Tim Allen in the Santa Clause when he first gains all that weight? Yup, that's me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter