DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Few more hours to go then out of here for a nice 5 day holiday break! That's about all I got right now - cheers!
How did it take me 10 years to find this forum?!!

Fun read - love that nobody takes themselves too seriously here. There is enough of that going on in the real world ;)

Son off to college this year - trying to handle empty nest syndrome. Avid DCL and DW fans - might have to do an adult only trip to cheer myself up :)

Have a good week and great holiday all!
Doing well. Down 35 pounds now, with 3 month Dec 1. The clothes are getting looser, but that's probably because I stretched the material beyond the breaking point.
Congrats Norm, nice job!
And...
A few more.

View attachment 454870

View attachment 454871

View attachment 454872

View attachment 454873

View attachment 454874

And, it's smiles this this one that are the reason we do such things in the first place...

View attachment 454875
Thanks for sharing some great pics! Really like the last one with you and the Mrs - looks like the two of you had a great time.

Morning Gang. Working out of Starbucks after a Doctor's appointment at 9, then going to Target afterwards to make a return before heading back home. I work full virtually these days so getting out of the house is nice. Yet another reason to move to Orlando - my work has an office there I could make appearances at and get to know people. Does anyone else work virtual?

Morning Gang. Working out of Starbucks after a Doctor's appointment at 9, then going to Target afterwards to make a return before heading back home. I work full virtually these days so getting out of the house is nice. Yet another reason to move to Orlando - my work has an office there I could make appearances at and get to know people. Does anyone else work virtual?
I do/did - today and tomorrow left. Unfortunately, while working from the house is convenient, the job ended up being nothing like what I interviewed for, so I've hated it. Starting a new job and will be commuting, but only about 15-20 minutes, so not bad. Most days, I'll be able to take my bike, which always (well, except when the morons try to aim their car at me) makes the commute better.

Does anyone else work virtual?
Yep, about 3 days a week I work from home. Say Hi to the Target lady.
I can vouch for this.
See? And Mark is way more trustworthy than me.
You've obviously never had my sausage gravy
I would like to state, in no uncertain terms, that I have indeed not had Doc's Sausage gravy. In any way, shape, or form. Not even after last orders on a Friday.

Phrasing matters!

Last edited:

Happy Tuesday. I don't make many of these requests, but if you can spare them, please pray for my oldest daughter. She turns 18 mid January, and just has put on her stubborn hat. She's a good kid, we don't have that many rules, and average expectations of a teenager. However, she is rebelling against me and the evil empire I have instilled at the house. She can't possibly be expected to go to school until 1:30 PM each day, work 20 hours a week, and do her laundry. Now that she has turned to profanity against my wife, I'm ready to knock her head off. Sadly, she's heading towards an eviction and at 18, and I don't know how to stop it. Feel free to share any advice as well.

This stuff...

View attachment 454859

Think I'll have some more.

That's a good one. I still prefer Basil Hayden bourbon, unless you're buying the Pappy Van Winkle.

And...
A few more.

View attachment 454870

View attachment 454871

View attachment 454872

View attachment 454873

View attachment 454874

And, it's smiles this this one that are the reason we do such things in the first place...

View attachment 454875

Great pictures. Except for that ugly guy in that bottom photo. :lmao:

I did exactly the same thing last month. I don't like the dentist.

Came home and drank bourbon as well. Of course, he's found a "place" he's watching, that should cost $20 bazillion to repair.

No way. I've met you Mark. You could wear fit inside one of my pant legs, without me in them of course.

I think I'll join you there sir. Nice pour. Loved the pic of Trader Santa. I would like to "do" the World at Christmas. Not sure its ever gonna happen.

Divers say the best time to go is the first two weeks in December. It is low points and low crowds. If you time it right and go in November, you can catch a MNSSHP and a MVMCP in the same week. DW and I will try to do that one year once my youngest is done with school.

You've obviously never had my biscuits and sausage gravy and no I'm talking about real biscuits, not cookies. ;)
One of my kids' favorite things I make and folks from church love it too. I make REAL home made biscuits and if I do say so myself, they're SYM good

If you have a keto biscuits n gravy recipe and haven't shared it with me yet, then I'll unfriend, block, and put you a the lady/cat meme.

I do/did - today and tomorrow left. Unfortunately, while working from the house is convenient, the job ended up being nothing like what I interviewed for, so I've hated it. Starting a new job and will be commuting, but only about 15-20 minutes, so not bad. Most days, I'll be able to take my bike, which always (well, except when the morons try to aim their car at me) makes the commute better.

And that's a motorcycle. And it's not freezing cold.

Yep, about 3 days a week I work from home. Say Hi to the Target lady.

While I have two jobs, I try to work the least amount possible. I figure the less I'm in the office to screw it up, then there's a chance things will sort out themselves. Plus, you can't see eyes rolling over an email.

That's a great shot there!
Thank's
Sometimes you win...

Great pictures Rob! I took a few, but didn't have my good camera, so only phone camera quality. Looks like you were in the center of the hub or on mainstreet.
Center of the hub. Probably won't be doing the Party again any time soon so we wanted a good spot for the show and parade this time around.

Thanks for sharing some great pics! Really like the last one with you and the Mrs - looks like the two of you had a great time.
That we did.
And it's rare when you can find a stranger to take pictures for you who knows how to properly frame the background.

Happy Tuesday. I don't make many of these requests, but if you can spare them, please pray for my oldest daughter. She turns 18 mid January, and just has put on her stubborn hat. She's a good kid, we don't have that many rules, and average expectations of a teenager. However, she is rebelling against me and the evil empire I have instilled at the house. She can't possibly be expected to go to school until 1:30 PM each day, work 20 hours a week, and do her laundry. Now that she has turned to profanity against my wife, I'm ready to knock her head off. Sadly, she's heading towards an eviction and at 18, and I don't know how to stop it. Feel free to share any advice as well.
tough one there...
Eviction might be what's needed but I hope it doesn't have to get to that point.

That's a good one. I still prefer Basil Hayden bourbon, unless you're buying the Pappy Van Winkle.
Have had Basil Hayden in the house and I agree. I generally only have one bottle of good bourbon around at a time and I've been working my way through several verities, but it may be time to get some more of that particular one.

Great pictures. Except for that ugly guy in that bottom photo. :lmao:
Yeah...
Should'a cropped that ugly old geezer out of it, but I was already posting a picture of my Missus without permission. if she sees it, I'll be in the dog house. If she saw it with only her in it...

<<shudder>>

If you have a keto biscuits n gravy recipe and haven't shared it with me yet, then I'll unfriend, block, and put you a the lady/cat meme.
Ain't no such thing.
You just have to pick a day to cheat on the diet and then just get back to it the next day.
Totally worth it.

That's pretty cool! Wish I had lived close enough to work to bike beforehand. Now I'm struggling to get my exercise in. But that's mostly due to having a cold

I don't make many of these requests, but if you can spare them, please pray for my oldest daughter. She turns 18 mid January, and just has put on her stubborn hat. She's a good kid, we don't have that many rules, and average expectations of a teenager. However, she is rebelling against me and the evil empire I have instilled at the house. She can't possibly be expected to go to school until 1:30 PM each day, work 20 hours a week, and do her laundry. Now that she has turned to profanity against my wife, I'm ready to knock her head off. Sadly, she's heading towards an eviction and at 18, and I don't know how to stop it. Feel free to share any advice as well.

My advice is to tell her to get on board or you will her charge her rent, and if she can't do her laundry take to some service who will do it for her, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera... praying

As a note, we did this with our oldest, she said if I have to pay rent I'm moving out. She did, less than a year later she moved back in and she brought home and Whole New Attitude.

I have lived through this...didn't buy the T-shirt...didn't WANT it.
Feel free to give me a shout if you want to discuss...too much to type and don't want it in a public forum.

I tried making a keto gravy one time (considering aside from the flour to thicken it, it's keto). I used psyllium husk instead, but I found out too late I used too much. Psyllium husk will thicken, but if one uses too much, it becomes gelatinous and that wasn't good. As for biscuits, I'll have to see if I can make with almond/coconut flour. Considering besides the flour,the other ingredients are no carbs (crisco, buttermilk and baking powder), I suspect it might work.

tough one there...
Eviction might be what's needed but I hope it doesn't have to get to that point.

I hope not either. Thanks.

My advice is to tell her to get on board or you will her charge her rent, and if she can't do her laundry take to some service who will do it for her, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera... praying

Tried that with her paying me for her car insurance. She paid one month, and that was it. Took away the car, for that and other reasons, but she still doesn't want to change.

Had a friend at work tell me something similar. Their daughter moved out, got screwed over on bills with a roommate, moved back home with a completely different attitude. I was just hoping she didn't have to learn the hardway.

I have lived through this...didn't buy the T-shirt...didn't WANT it.
Feel free to give me a shout if you want to discuss...too much to type and don't want it in a public forum.

I'll send you a text.

Some pictures from last Monday.

The plan was...
Rope Drop at AK to do Pandora.
Well, that was the plan.

We were up so late at the Crimma-Party the night before that Rope-Drop just wasn't happening. When we did git there the waits were already beyond nuts so we settled for a nice leisurely look around the place (as it was all new to us)...

And so much for that (but we will be back here later on though)

Time for a little spot of "brunch"

Those are right tasty, by the way...

And then moves on to attractions that we could actually get Fast-Passes for...

Like a Safari
(remember when this one was the thing you had to plan to get into?)

And let us not forget about the Anachronistic Sleeping Lions...

We also had an encounter with the Forbidden Mountain, but I was so busy enjoying being tossed around like a rag doll and grooving with the Disco Yeti, that I forgot to take any pictures of that one.

Time for an early dinner...

Sanaa over at Kadani

This was carved into the table top

and this is what we covered that up with right off the bat...

Mmmmmmm...

Next up...
the infamous "Bread Service"

Paid extra for that and it was worth every last penny.

I'd go back just for drinks and that "little" appetizer.
Actually, I guarantee I'll go back for that.

Main course: "Mishkaki"...

One of the best meals I've had on property.

The Missus had the "Potjie" with the Butter Chicken and a couple or most excellent sides (but the pictures of that didn't turn out so...)

Dessert...

That was also right tasty.

We also tried the "Serradura" which I liked even better
(but again no good pics... what ya' gonn'a do)

This place is now among your favs for WDW dinning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter