DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

After...er, evening, Gents! Turned out to be a beautiful day here on Cape Cod. Started off cool, and for the most part stayed that way, but it did warm up for a while this afternoon. Around lunchtime, I took Munchkin, my DD, to the beach for a couple of hours. Told her I didn't have a towel so she couldn't put her feet in the water. So what does she do? Kicks her shoes off and walks in the water. I just threw my hands up in defeat. I gave it to her since she's been under house arrest since March, which she's handled really well actually. So I let her run around in the water and play, but gave her a stern look and talking to...yeah, she didn't believe it. I wasn't really mad. I did, however, get some sun.

Thanks, I'll take a look. Not sure if he ships up here, though.

Canada, right? He might. I'll ask.

:laughing: I need that doctor!

I can introduce you. 😆

it was like I was there. No lie.

That's cool.

Morning y'all.
Lazy Sunday. Jack all on today. Went for a run early doors, as I think the weather s taking a brief turn for the worse today. The panels I drew up for the boy's arcade cabinet are ready, so got to do some last minute shopping for cabinet screws and mounts and all that stuff.

That was my yesterday for me.

Do they have pictures in? Otherwise I'm out.

:rotfl2: Most have words, like big words.

If that involved a mower and you lived near me, there would be one less vote on the Double Secret Probation committee that would be coming your way, my friend.

Oh, no, no mower that early in the morning. The only noise you'd hear from my yard that early in the morning is me groaning as I got down on the ground...or up. :laughing:

'ave a great Sunday chaps. May your Beverage glass be full and your job list be empty.

Thanks, hope your was great! Mine consisted of taking my DD to the beach. Heinekin is in hand.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to watch the Quiet Man. John's favorite movie he made and mine too.

Love, LOVE, The Quiet Man...though I have to admit that my favorite John Wayne movie is The Shootist, his last. The Shootist had John Wayne, Lauren Bacall, Ron Howard, Jimmy Stewart, Richard Boone, Hugh O'Brien, Harry Morgan, John Carradine, Scatman Crothers...some good actors there.

Restaurants opened at 33% capacity, so went out last night to celebrate being released from house arrest. We went to the Miller House, a local place that features the bourbon bar in the basement, with 100 bourbons from around the world.

Can't wait for the restaurants to open around here. I'm dying for a breakfast burrito from my favorite breakfast place.

Thanks. 15000 books is a lot. I never had that many, but donated mine over time to the library for a tax deduction. Now, I'm wondering if all these devices were really worth it after all. I think I enjoy reading an actual paper or actual book moreso.

I go back and forth. I like Nook because I can have multiple books with me when I travel, but I LOVE the tactile feel of having a book and turning the pages.

An excellent choice. Nobody other than Maureen O'Hara and the Duke know what she whispered to him at the end of the movie that got a shocked look from him before they headed off to the cottage. It was unscripted and they never told anyone.

Love little stories like that. Wish I knew what she said.

I've enjoyed most of his movies. The High and the Mighty is another excellent choice. His westerns are mostly excellent though I never understood the appeal of The Searchers. Clint Eastwood westerns are of a different sort; watchable though I can't stand High Plains Drifter and there are a few others I haven't seen like Bronco Billy and Joe Kidd.

I like the Clint Eastwood westerns. Kind of movies you can put on, turn your brain off and just watch.

Coffee #2 and Disney videos!

View attachment 496691

Love watching Vlogs about Disney on the Tube of You. I like watching the ones about and during hurricanes. Would love to spend one hurricane down in the World just to experience it.

Right then. As long as it's not about Cowboys, I'm in.

Oh come on! Gotta watch a cowboy movie!

Morning all, from a Scorchio London.
Happy memorial day to all, and all the best to those who served.

Was supposed to go for a long run this morning, but couldn't get my Alien Swirling Saucer in gear.
Slow cooked Pork tacos for dinner this evening, so that could be worse.

Oh come on! Gotta watch a cowboy movie!
Nnnnnnnnnnnope.
Or war movies. Just not my ting.
Thanks, hope your was great! Mine consisted of taking my DD to the beach. Heinekin is in hand.
Lovely stuff. The beaches up there are stunning.
:rotfl2: Most have words, like big words.
More than 5 letters? Wowsers.

Have a great day chaps.

Not even Blazing Saddles?
OK Chief, you can have that one if we are sitting on the premise that Blazing Saddles is a Cowboy movie. Does that make City Slickers a Cowboy movie?

That post on the Book of face did make me think though, It could end up in the same vault as Song of the South.

Or Kelly's Heroes?
Nope. The only one I'll allow is Escape to Victory, as John Colby is supposed to be the Captain of a certain East London club that I have a bit of a penchant for....and Bobby Moore, the greatest English Captain in history, and the only one to lift the World Cup for us, is in it. Who did he play for almost all of his career? Hold on, let me think........

Oh. And Patten. That's cool. Oh. And the Great Escape. So I like 3 WW2 movies.

Happy memorial day to all, and all the best to those who served.

Happy Memorial Day to you, too!

Was supposed to go for a long run this morning, but couldn't get my Alien Swirling Saucer in gear.
Slow cooked Pork tacos for dinner this evening, so that could be worse.

Slow cooked pork tacos?! When's dinner?! Mmmmm

Nnnnnnnnnnnope.
Or war movies. Just not my ting.

I get it, but there are some good ones out there.

Lovely stuff. The beaches up there are stunning.

There are some stunning beaches, and the best part is there are a lot of them.

More than 5 letters? Wowsers.

Yep, those is some big words. 😆

OK Chief, you can have that one if we are sitting on the premise that Blazing Saddles is a Cowboy movie. Does that make City Slickers a Cowboy movie?

That post on the Book of face did make me think though, It could end up in the same vault as Song of the South.

Now there's a good movie! Blazing Saddles is one of those movies that could never be made today. Such a great movie, and yes, I believe it will go the way of Song of the South and never be seen again.

With house arrest lifted, we've been out to a restaurant Friday and Saturday night. Based on the low lethality rates, people are definitely over the sanctions. And, KY got an F of social distancing based on cell phone tracking the past 2 months. So, all these sanctions caused 40% unemployment while people were still getting together in groups larger than 50, and there were very few cases or deaths. Not sure if the public tennis courts are still closed, however, we went and played yesterday. The closed sign and police tape had been removed from one set of 3 adjacent courts. It felt wonderful to be back on the courts.

You’re able to write after 100 bourbons???

I don't know. If you're buying, then I'm willing to try. :lmao:

They keep them all displayed in their bar area, which really makes the bartender work for top shelf. I doubt they keep an inventory of all 100, as some are probably terrible.

An excellent choice. Nobody other than Maureen O'Hara and the Duke know what she whispered to him at the end of the movie that got a shocked look from him before they headed off to the cottage. It was unscripted and they never told anyone.

I've enjoyed most of his movies. The High and the Mighty is another excellent choice. His westerns are mostly excellent though I never understood the appeal of The Searchers. Clint Eastwood westerns are of a different sort; watchable though I can't stand High Plains Drifter and there are a few others I haven't seen like Bronco Billy and Joe Kidd.

I've watched most all the Clint Eastwood westerns. The Outlaw Josey Wales, Two Mules for Sister Sara, Fistful of dollars, Few dollars more, and the Good, Bad, Ugly are my favorites. I think the plot is an old Hulk Hogan WWE match. Clint has to get beat up in the beginning and then come roaring back to win in the end. Subsequently, my dad hated Gran Tourino because of the ending.

After...er, evening, Gents! Turned out to be a beautiful day here on Cape Cod. Started off cool, and for the most part stayed that way, but it did warm up for a while this afternoon. Around lunchtime, I took Munchkin, my DD, to the beach for a couple of hours. Told her I didn't have a towel so she couldn't put her feet in the water. So what does she do? Kicks her shoes off and walks in the water. I just threw my hands up in defeat. I gave it to her since she's been under house arrest since March, which she's handled really well actually. So I let her run around in the water and play, but gave her a stern look and talking to...yeah, she didn't believe it. I wasn't really mad. I did, however, get some sun.

Sounds terrific. That's the reason for my Florida dream, to have access to a beach. Something about the ocean water sound and smell just makes life all better.

Now there's a good movie! Blazing Saddles is one of those movies that could never be made today. Such a great movie, and yes, I believe it will go the way of Song of the South and never be seen again.

Agree. We would have censorship protests if a movie tried to go there today. The irreverent humor in those old movies made you cringe and laugh at the same time. Sadly, too many people still share some of those same thoughts on segregation today.

Morning, gents.
I'm delaying the inevitable million chores I have to do, that I haven't been doing over the last week or so.

Still better than working the night shift.

Around lunchtime, I took Munchkin, my DD, to the beach for a couple of hours. Told her I didn't have a towel so she couldn't put her feet in the water. So what does she do? Kicks her shoes off and walks in the water. I just threw my hands up in defeat. I gave it to her since she's been under house arrest since March, which she's handled really well actually. So I let her run around in the water and play, but gave her a stern look and talking to...yeah, she didn't believe it. I wasn't really mad. I did, however, get some sun.
Awww... that's a good dad right there. ::yes:: :thumbsup2
24 there now. Not bad!
I'm taking a recovery day today. I had a hard time even lying down yesterday, my hip hurt so much.
Does that make City Slickers a Cowboy movie?
Technically? Yes.
It's memorial day, but also DW's birthday.
Happy birthday to Coni!
I don't know. If you're buying, then I'm willing to try. :lmao:
:laughing:
Subsequently, my dad hated Gran Tourino because of the ending.
Too bad. Good movie and the ending just fit.

Morning, Gents! Hope everyone had a good weekend. I had a pretty good weekend. Finished helping a friend move yesterday, just odds and ends. My DW and DD helped clean upstairs with friends DW while I was down in the basement helping to pack up what was left of his books and other things. Once we got done at the old house, we went to the new house to unpack and move/organize the boxes and things. To say I was sore this morning is an understatement. Sucks getting old...wish I had stayed in shape, too. Although round is a shape, I would prefer a more slimmed down shape. 😆 Well, have a good day, Gents!

TTFN

I haven't sat down to watch it yet, but thanks for the link. You know, I vaguely remember watching this in the 70's with my family.

Sounds terrific. That's the reason for my Florida dream, to have access to a beach. Something about the ocean water sound and smell just makes life all better.

I love getting up real early in the morning when I'm off and heading to the beach to watch the sun rise. I just sit on the beach with my cup of tea and enjoy nature's show. Love that time of day.

Here's a couple of pictures I've taken early in the morning:

This one is earl morning Cotuit Bay from the town dock.
49937188073_ed3b1fb84e_w.jpg

Right after the beach got raked.
49937190973_a33c542523_w.jpg

Agree. We would have censorship protests if a movie tried to go there today. The irreverent humor in those old movies made you cringe and laugh at the same time. Sadly, too many people still share some of those same thoughts on segregation today.

The best part about Blazing Saddles is that no one group was left out. Everyone got made fun of, and if you can understand you can sit back, laugh and enjoy it.

Awww... that's a good dad right there. ::yes:: :thumbsup2

Thanks

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter