DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Well, got semi-good news this morning when I got into work. While they haven't made a decision yet on who they're going to hire, I am here at work through June, so I'm good for another month.

Morning all...
Made the long walk from one bedroom to the other for work only to find that I couldn't access the company VPN. I might actually have to drive into the office to work this morning.

Oh the horror....

Dude, that's horrible! Be safe. 😁

Morning all. Picked up the arcade machine panels this morning, so might start to work on the frame later today, after the obligitory nonsense that gets in the way of me doing what I want, but, on the flip side, allows me to fund it.

I haven't sat down to watch it yet, but thanks for the link. You know, I vaguely remember watching this in the 70's with my family.
It's weird, it is freely avaiable through Disney Channels in Europe.
Right after the beach got raked.
I was whizzing through the scroll, and thought the last word started with n. You can imagine my disappointment when I scrolled back up.
I might actually have to drive into the office to work this morning.
What is this "office" you speak of?

Right, back on the conference calls, seez ya later.

Last edited:
Morning all. Picked up the arcade machine panels this morning, so might start to work on the frame later today, after the obligitory nonsense that gets in the way of me doing what I want, but, on the flip side, allows me to fund it.

What arcade machine are you working on?

It's weird, it is feely avaiable through Disney Channels in Europe.

That's because Europe isn't deep into the political correctness arena that America is....at least that's how I see it. The VHS copy I have I had to get from Britain, a past girlfriend got it for me.

I was whizzing through the scroll, and thought the last word started with n. You can imagine my dissapointment when I scrolled back up.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Day 1 furlough finds me recovered enough from yesterday. My youngest and I went to play tennis yesterday AM while my wife rode the bicycle to the courts. We have a "greenbelt" that extends around the city, which makes it about a 12 mile bike ride (one way). She left the house at the same time we did, but couldn't ride back home. Silly me thought I could make it home, and I certainly found my limit. I made it 8 miles, and literally couldn't make it further. DW came and picked me up and dd rode the bike home the rest of the way. I now know what it feels like to see stars from dehydration, and I also have a retirement goal.

Too bad. Good movie and the ending just fit.

I thought Gran Tourino was a terrific movie. I think my dad was looking for Clint to end that one the same way as the Westerns.

I love getting up real early in the morning when I'm off and heading to the beach to watch the sun rise. I just sit on the beach with my cup of tea and enjoy nature's show. Love that time of day.

Great pictures, and I completely agree. DW has given me the green light on beach condo shopping, with perhaps our ridiculous sanctions getting to her, and needing a place with some hope. She has ruled out the Atlantic side, so I am looking in the Gulf now. It means no Disney APs, but I'll still get to enjoy the beach and it's about a nine hour drive.

Morning all...
Made the long walk from one bedroom to the other for work only to find that I couldn't access the company VPN. I might actually have to drive into the office to work this morning.

Oh the horror....

May the force be with you.

Well, got semi-good news this morning when I got into work. While they haven't made a decision yet on who they're going to hire, I am here at work through June, so I'm good for another month.

Well, another month of work is a good thing. Hopefully they will let you know soon.

What arcade machine are you working on?

A DIY one.

As some on here know, I should have some kind of breathalyser on my paypal account. One of my mates is a fabricator, and I'm sort of OK with designing bits from my job, so sent him over a cut sheet, and a week later, Bob's your uncle, Charlie's your aunt, laser cut mdf panels are now here. I can jig out, but the corners on this are flawless.
I now have 15 panels, that, if I held my protractor up the right way should form a cabinet. I bought some second hand car speakers from ebay and a small amp from amazon, just to drive the sound. A multi game full size arcade machine goes for about £1500 over here, I reckon I am still south of £250. It should take me about a week and a half for a couple of hours a day. Most of it will be in the spraying. The boy is literally chewing my ear off to get started.
You wouldn't expect COVID to hit a small project like this, but due to all the perspex going up over tills in shops, that's gonna take a couple of weeks or so, and I want to fit the cab together before I order the perspex.

Day 1 furlough finds me recovered enough from yesterday. My youngest and I went to play tennis yesterday AM while my wife rode the bicycle to the courts. We have a "greenbelt" that extends around the city, which makes it about a 12 mile bike ride (one way). She left the house at the same time we did, but couldn't ride back home. Silly me thought I could make it home, and I certainly found my limit. I made it 8 miles, and literally couldn't make it further. DW came and picked me up and dd rode the bike home the rest of the way. I now know what it feels like to see stars from dehydration, and I also have a retirement goal.

A good goal to have in retirement.

Great pictures, and I completely agree. DW has given me the green light on beach condo shopping, with perhaps our ridiculous sanctions getting to her, and needing a place with some hope. She has ruled out the Atlantic side, so I am looking in the Gulf now. It means no Disney APs, but I'll still get to enjoy the beach and it's about a nine hour drive.

Congrats on getting the green light to condo shop...that's awesome!

Well, another month of work is a good thing. Hopefully they will let you know soon.

That's how I see it. Though I was told that they are most likely going to go with the person with the most experience, which rules me out, but my supervisor's been pretty cool about me interviewing. He totally get it.

Here's a couple of pictures I've taken early in the morning:
Nice! :thumbsup2
About 3 weeks ago it was snowing, today we have our first heat/humidex warning of the season. Welcome to the Maritimes.
::yes:: Canadian whether. Whether or not you're going to get snow is always up for debate.
Some work is better than no work.
It's weird, it is freely avaiable through Disney Channels in Europe.
Not in Canada either
I was whizzing through the scroll, and thought the last word started with n. You can imagine my disappointment when I scrolled back up.
:laughing:
My youngest and I went to play tennis yesterday AM while my wife rode the bicycle to the courts. We have a "greenbelt" that extends around the city, which makes it about a 12 mile bike ride (one way). She left the house at the same time we did, but couldn't ride back home. Silly me thought I could make it home, and I certainly found my limit. I made it 8 miles, and literally couldn't make it further. DW came and picked me up and dd rode the bike home the rest of the way. I now know what it feels like to see stars from dehydration, and I also have a retirement goal.
Whoa! Yep, sounds like you both reached your limit.
I used to bike (bicycle, not Harley) to work (about 15 miles). It wasn't so bad, so decided to roller blade it. I arrived at work a virtual cripple and had to beg a ride home from a co-worker.

Not my finest moment.
I thought Gran Tourino was a terrific movie. I think my dad was looking for Clint to end that one the same way as the Westerns.
Totally get that.
You wouldn't expect COVID to hit a small project like this, but due to all the perspex going up over tills in shops, that's gonna take a couple of weeks or so
Oh! I hadn't thought of that. Makes sense.

You could have just went with it. Thanks.
Yeah, but then I might've had to admit that I had some type of human value and that's not quite somewhere I can go just yet. :rolleyes:

Not all IPAs are bitter. It did seem for awhile that craft brewers were trying to see who could make the hopiest beer but most seemed to have moved past that now.
Hummmm...
Example?

OK, now I may just have to shift my current description of my profession from from the phrase "serving the overlords" to "obligatory nonsense".

Yeah, that'll work.

What is this "office" you speak of?

Right, back on the conference calls, seez ya later.
Just a bit of obligatory nonsense.

That's because Europe isn't deep into the political correctness arena that America is....at least that's how I see it.
Not necessarily...
Depends on the nation being discussed. Most everyone has past indiscretions that they're still dealing with in one form or another.

May the force be with you.
The force was strong this morning.

Just before I was out the door, the tech guru figured out where the problem was and that it was effecting everyone. So I just had to chill for a bit while they straightened out the mess. Now I'm back the my regular rounds of obligatory nonsense from the comfort of one of my spare rooms.

Morning, fellas. It was a great 3-day weekend here. Got a big house project done and grilled a lot of meat. The only way it could have gotten more manly is if I had found a way to blow something up.
Wait!
You made it through an entire weekend without blowing something up?

Afternoon Dads! Crazy start to a short week so just a quick drive by as I'm paying for taking that extra day last Friday. Hope all enjoyed the holiday weekend and stopped for a minute or two to consider what Memorial Day is for. Hope all are well and safe.

Top WDW list for today .......... Top 3 -5 spots to watch MK fireworks from

For the record on Character & Beverage
  1. Baloo = Dawa
  2. Elizabeth Swan = Trader Sams
  3. Burt = Rose & Crown
  4. Donald = Tune-IN Lounge

Not necessarily...
Depends on the nation being discussed. Most everyone has past indiscretions that they're still dealing with in one form or another.

True, but I just think that they whole PC thing has gone too far in my opinion.

The force was strong this morning.

Just before I was out the door, the tech guru figured out where the problem was and that it was effecting everyone. So I just had to chill for a bit while they straightened out the mess. Now I'm back the my regular rounds of obligatory nonsense from the comfort of one of my spare rooms.

Oh man, you lucked out.

You guys are still here eh? Just popped in to say Hi.
Haven’t been crawling the forum much with all the shutdowns going on and vacation plans in limbo. Been spending most of my time over on the facebook group.
I really hate having all my plans up in the air like this with 2 months left before our trip. (I booked everything back in november)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter