DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hay Y'all
Currently waiting to have a tire patched up and rebalanced. The upside to this is that I don't have to sit in the office while I'm waiting on the repairs.

So we're doing a TBT, huh?
I have to hunt a long way back to find the young'en willing to both smile and interact with a camera present, so June of 2001 it is...

Harley Quinn. The Joker's girlfriend.
Didn't know Chuckles had a Gal Pal.
Fairly obvious sign that I ain't seen very many of the comic book flicks.

The southern hospitality is legend.
It's a defense mechanism.
Without invoking it a standard practice down this way, we'd all surely kill each other.

Didn't know we actually had "a day"...
It even has my lucky number assigned to it. Now if only it were a Friday, then I'd be strolling in high cotton.

I took the bins out this morning my bin store look like some kind of fly sex dungeon with maggots everywhere.
You had me at "sex dungeon", but lost me at maggots.
I have a princely contact in Nigeria who may be able to help you out with an investment opportunity, he keeps emailing me about it.
oooohhh... should take him up on that!
Enjoy the time off mate. It's nice to be able to knock a few off on vacation.

Ahem.
:rolleyes:
I think I'm safe, though I found out that my position, or rather, the attorney I'm supposed to be working for might change. They have had, or will when tomorrow comes, three people leave that had been there for over 30 years. From what I've been told, they may take this opportunity to change the way things are done, so I think I've started at a good time. In a way, I'm getting in on the ground floor, so to speak.
Good time to come on board... or at least I hope that's how it'll be.
I've always wanted to ask someone that if masks worked, why do we still smell someone's fart if it's coming through their underwear and pants? I have no problem wearing a mask, but that's a question I've always wanted an answer to.
Size.
Gas molecules are between 10-8cm and 10-7cm while coronavirus is aprox. 10-5cm. So quite a bit larger.
Put another way you could fit 100-1,000 coronavirus virions inside a gas molecule.

That's like saying if you're wearing pants and let out a shart, the odor (gas) is coming through, but the solids (so to speak) ain't.
My wife actually wrote it down and put it on the fridge once. Yeah, that didn't last long. Have no idea where that list went.
"no idea"

:rolleyes2
Today was a scheduled run day but soccer last night put that on hold. 90 minutes at center back and it felt like we were laying under water. It was so humid things on the bench looked like they were left out in the rain.
Yuck. Pass!
LOL, you couldn't get I've talked to someone in the US that has said "You're from Canada. Do you know John from Toronto?"
There was a comedian who did a routine about that.
"Oh, you're from Toronto? Do you know Bob? He works in an office?"
"Office Bob? Oh sure. I know him.... he's dead."
TBT - I call this pic - "Crackers in cheek" Claire was so hungry, she didn't want to stop eating long enough to get her pic with Snow White. 8 years ago. Those were the days!

View attachment 518102
:lmao:
TBT Zara's first ride in Disney 2015
View attachment 518120
Awww...
Currently waiting to have a tire patched up and rebalanced. The upside to this is that I don't have to sit in the office while I'm waiting on the repairs.
As long as the output doesn't exceed the input... or at least not by too much, I'd call that a win.
:laughing:
Didn't know Chuckles had a Gal Pal.
Fairly obvious sign that I ain't seen very many of the comic book flicks.
Yup. Although in the comics she was dressed differently.
Without invoking it a standard practice down this way, we'd all surely kill each other.
Who's that guy?

(answer: A super hero!... and Batman.)

Holy crap. I don't know how you guys do it. Tried my hand at running 8K today. Did it. Felt like I was pretty done at 7K... but man that last K was not fun.

Suck up!

I bet you're his favorite (for now)
So you're saying you didn't see Superman in the background?

:rolleyes1

Morning Compadres.....
Weather cooled down overnight, I'm out on sites today followed by a cheeky beer with some workmates. The boy was a bit miffed so I took him out for our weekly beer last night. First time using public transport today, so lets see how that goes.

::yes::
You had me at "sex dungeon", but lost me at maggots.
Unsurprisingly, that's what she said.
Holy crap. I don't know how you guys do it. Tried my hand at running 8K today. Did it. Felt like I was pretty done at 7K... but man that last K was not fun.
Wowsers, you're really going for this. Nice one bud. Like I've said before sometimes it feels like you are running with a tyre on your back, other times you just bounce along like a carefree schoolgirl. Without the pigtails. Most of the time.
Who's that guy?
The dude out of 30 Something, I think. Those disguise glasses don't fool me.

(a photo of the Chief, now he knows he's been rumbled as a Star of a major 90s TV drama and a Co-Star of an iconic TV series about the US government who gets to knock boots with Alison Janney)

Anyways, have a great day chaps.

Last edited:
Thank GOD today's Friday, gents. Not a bad week, but still ready for it to end. Had to make a run to another attorneys office to drop off some documents and that took me about an hour and a half, so it made the day go by pretty quickly. My first closing is today, so we'll see how that goes. Actually, the sellers came in yesterday to sign their documents and everything went ok for that Once things are all done and I can send out a check to the town for final water and all other checks have been cut and dispersed will I finally relax. Then, since the DW and DD will be off Cape visiting a friend, I can come home to an empty house, order pizza, or maybe some steak tips and fries from the 99 restaurant, and sit down for a good movie....or fall asleep as I suspect I'll do. Either way I'm going to have fun doing it. Well, gents, have a good day and we'll chat on the other side.

TTFN

:rotfl2:

I read an article yesterday that said wearing neck gaiters and bandannas were worse than wearing no mask at all. Good thing all I have is neck gaiters and bandannas.

We have a new executive order that restaurants have to close at 10 PM because COVID is only active late at night. Science said so.

I've heard that about neck gaiters and bandannas, so I choose to wear one my wife made, or grab one of the disposable ones from a box of 50 I bought.

Come on, silly, didn't you know that Covid-19 roams the streets after 10pm looking for victims? Actually, it waits until 11pm, it wants to give people a chance to get home from the bars and restaurants. :laughing:

As soon as I read this I thought of, "...bless his heart." "That boy's as stupid as a dead tree trunk. Bless his heart." :rotfl2:

Didn't know we actually had "a day"...
It even has my lucky number assigned to it. Now if only it were a Friday, then I'd be strolling in high cotton.

I think there's a day for everything, there might even be sex dungeon day for Londontime. :rotfl2:

Size.
Gas molecules are between 10-8cm and 10-7cm while coronavirus is aprox. 10-5cm. So quite a bit larger.
Put another way you could fit 100-1,000 coronavirus virions inside a gas molecule.

That's like saying if you're wearing pants and let out a shart, the odor (gas) is coming through, but the solids (so to speak) ain't.

I was being facetious, but thanks for the explanation. I wasn't really wasn't expecting such a detailed explanation. You rock! :thumbsup2

"no idea"

:rolleyes2

Seriously, I have no idea. :rolleyes1:teeth:

Hay Y'all,
Nothing to report.
As of yet at least.
Happy Friday. May the work part of it go quickly, and the evening take its sweet time passing by.

Pretty sure that's standard operating procedure for the portrayal of most women in comics.

As soon as I read this I thought of, "...bless his heart." "That boy's as stupid as a dead tree trunk. Bless his heart." :rotfl2:
What?
You thought I was joking? :rolleyes:

Oh, and I've been characterized in far worse ways then that in my time.

Morning, gents.
Not quite sure what's on the docket for today. Know I have to do some shopping. Might visit the folks. We'll see.
followed by a cheeky beer with some workmates.
That sounds good. I might drink something else, but the camaraderie will be nice.
Wowsers, you're really going for this. Nice one bud. Like I've said before sometimes it feels like you are running with a tyre on your back, other times you just bounce along like a carefree schoolgirl. Without the pigtails. Most of the time.
Thanks! :laughing:
It probably didn't help that it rained prior and unfortunately part of the trail I was running on was dug up, so wound up running through sticky mud that added 2 kilos per shoe for a bit!
I was actually fine until about 6.5-7km in. That's when it got tough. Looking at my stats, the first 6kms I averaged 7 minutes/km. But the last two kms were 7:15 and 7:24.
(a photo of the Chief, now he knows he's been rumbled as a Star of a major 90s TV drama and a Co-Star of an iconic TV series about the US government who gets to knock boots with Alison Janney)
Thank GOD today's Friday, gents.
Tuesday was my Friday. Today's my Sunday of a long weekend.
My first closing is today, so we'll see how that goes.
I'm sure you'll be great. :)
Then, since the DW and DD will be off Cape visiting a friend, I can come home to an empty house, order pizza, or maybe some steak tips and fries from the 99 restaurant, and sit down for a good movie....or fall asleep as I suspect I'll do.
That sounds terrific. I could use a day like that.
I was being facetious, but thanks for the explanation. I wasn't really wasn't expecting such a detailed explanation. You rock! :thumbsup2
I was pretty sure you were... and yet... there are a lot of people out there who really don't get why a mask may help prevent the spread of a virus, but still allows you to breathe.
Pretty sure that's standard operating procedure for the portrayal of most women in comics.
I'm okay with that.

Happy Friday, which is just the 154th Groundhog Day. Supposed to be an outdoor pickleball tournament in the morning, assuming it doesn't rain.

That's what he said?

::yes::

Top O Mornin Dads and happy Friday Eve! DS returns to college starting next week so we are heading there Saturday with him to complete the transition to his studio apartment. We usually stay a night over the weekend there in Chattanooga as move-in weekend since DD started college has always been DW birthday. Under the circumstances we decided to do a down an back same day. He has made a couple of trips to his new place off campus so won't be as much to help him with plus I keep saying he's 23 let him do it but DW still wants to play mom. Stay safe and looking forward to the weekend.

Well, mom enjoys getting to be mom a bit longer.

And that's why you are late with all those birthday cards.

Come on, silly, didn't you know that Covid-19 roams the streets after 10pm looking for victims? Actually, it waits until 11pm, it wants to give people a chance to get home from the bars and restaurants. :laughing:

It's the origin of the vampires. Humans getting a cold after midnight, similar to Gremlins.

Which is a terrific thing.

I was pretty sure you were... and yet... there are a lot of people out there who really don't get why a mask may help prevent the spread of a virus, but still allows you to breathe.

Which then means a mask may not prevent the spread of the virus.

"The neck gaiter (No. 11 in the photo below), which was made of polyester spandex material, performed the worst in the study, actually producing more particles than speaking with no face covering at all." --- Duke University Study https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...ers-not-effective-as-surgical-face-masks.html

I'm glad the experts were wrong about the number of deaths, that we've flattened the curve, and found effective treatments.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter