DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Can someone check on Dan and see if he's upright - he appears to be a bit sideways
You'Re New Here Ben Mckenzie GIF by Gotham - Find & Share on GIPHY

Morning all. We can't catch a break from 2020. DW's 94 year old grandmother fell and broke her arm, the break that goes thru the skin. She had surgery and is recovering, in the hospital, and the family is now fighting over who will help care for her going forward.

I'm at the pickleball tournament this morning.

More like I changed jobs and boss. I'm tired and my back is sore just from doing my chores and the wife is off work today... and she has an agenda...

The wife boss is always in charge and will always give you work.

I have some pins for sale if you are interested.

Morning all. We can't catch a break from 2020. DW's 94 year old grandmother fell and broke her arm, the break that goes thru the skin. She had surgery and is recovering, in the hospital, and the family is now fighting over who will help care for her going forward.

I'm at the pickleball tournament this morning.

Hope she recovers quickly and good luck to you.

Morning... whoops! Afternoon, now.
Been a busy day of cooking and shuttling people around.
Looking forward to a new Spag Bolognese recipe. 6 hours in the slow cooker. Sooooonnnn...

DW's 94 year old grandmother fell and broke her arm, the break that goes thru the skin.
Very sorry to hear that. Hope she'll be okay.

Morning, folks.

So... who was it here that recommended "The Man in the High Castle"?
Think it was @AirGoofy ?

Thanks so much! We (DW and I) finished watching the 4th (and last) season a couple days ago. What a terrific show. Highly recommend.

I wasn't the tallest, not the youngest, probably the fatest, but was still the champion. 2nd overall in qualifying points and three consecutive wins in the playoffs.
Way to go! Congrats!

Last edited:
Morning All.

Congrats Norm on the win.

@pkondz , we haven't watched that but DS read the book and watched the series and he enjoyed it. Have you watched Schitts Creek yet? We just watched the first season and it is pretty good.

Have a great Sunday all.

Morning guys

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I convinced DW to come out on a hike with me. We did another part of the East coast trail called Beaches Path.
Wife didn’t go as far as I hoped (isn’t that always the problem...ahem) but we did manage about 3km. Keeping in mind that’s over rough terrain and DW isn’t a hiker, it wasn’t too bad.
I’ll post a couple pictures, let’s see if they come out sideways again.

D292D90F-0254-430F-9285-ED0D77CB5D00.jpeg

Have you watched Schitts Creek yet? We just watched the first season and it is pretty good.
DW and I started watching that a couple months ago, we enjoyed it. Not bad for a Canadian show.

But the last season isn't on... I think we watched it on Netflix? So just waiting on that.
If you don’t want to wait, you can watch it online from CBC. Or maybe on demand from Bell/Rogers, whoever you’re with.
But if you have a streaming device you can use that. I downloaded CBC Gem on my Firestick and watched the last season that way.

Afternoon all. So, in today's what else can happen 2020, I met with my pastor to give him 2 weeks notice about working at the new job. He asked to give him a week, and he'd like to make me an offer for more hours and stay working at the Church. Not sure how I feel at the moment. I wouldn't have applied for another job if he had made an offer in the first place. We set a meeting for Friday, so I can at least wait 5 days to hear him out.

Catching up. Sorry to hear about your grandma @AirGoofy
Praying

Congrats on pickleball.

Thanks. And, it's DW's grandmother. I may have not posted that.

Morning, folks.

So... who was it here that recommended "The Man in the High Castle"?
Think it was @AirGoofy ?

Thanks so much! We (DW and I) finished watching the 4th (and last) season a couple days ago. What a terrific show. Highly recommend.

Way to go! Congrats!

Thanks and thanks. After we finished it, my 16 year old really enjoyed Season 1. I guess she's found something else to watch. It's certainly thought provoking about what if history had happened that way.

Morning guys

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I convinced DW to come out on a hike with me. We did another part of the East coast trail called Beaches Path.
Wife didn’t go as far as I hoped (isn’t that always the problem...ahem) but we did manage about 3km. Keeping in mind that’s over rough terrain and DW isn’t a hiker, it wasn’t too bad.

View attachment 518934

View attachment 518935

Nice pictures and sounds like a fun walk.

If anyone is interested in joining in, here is the link to the Zoom room. Should be there in about 30 minutes.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/2817709524?pwd=dHA0b3JDZ2ZJOXdzK0psQk50TXJsUT09
Meeting ID: 281 770 9524
Passcode: 534483

Dang I missed it. Are y'all still doing it every Saturday?

And the gold goes to..

View attachment 518853

I wasn't the tallest, not the youngest, probably the fatest, but was still the champion. 2nd overall in qualifying points and three consecutive wins in the playoffs.
Congrats

Hoping your grand maw innlaw pulls thru.

Morning guys

View attachment 518934

View attachment 518935

Beautiful walk even if some didn't finish.

Last edited:
If you don’t want to wait, you can watch it online from CBC. Or maybe on demand from Bell/Rogers, whoever you’re with.
But if you have a streaming device you can use that. I downloaded CBC Gem on my Firestick and watched the last season that way.
Thanks for the tip! I'll do that.

And looks like a nice place for a hike. Only verticals come out sideways. And if you're taking a photo with a phone, make sure the camera is on the left (shutter button on the right) to not post upside down photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter