DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I'm back on the market....which honestly surprised me. I seriously thought they would have kept me through the holidays. This is what happened: I was told that what I did was not the main reason I was being let go, but it was a small part, and that there were other transgressions that had been made by me that added up to me being let go. I thought to myself, "Really, because this is the first I've heard of this." but I let him continue. He then told me that what I did was wrong and that I had no authority to change my hours, which I admitted was a mistake. He also said that what happened last week which led him to quit was between him and the company and that I had no right to bring it up. I didn't mention it, but I thought to myself, "But you pitched a huge fit on the production floor, during a meeting, why can't I mention it? It's public at this point." But I let it pass. He then went on to say, "We also found problems with past E&O projects during the physical inventory where inventory was left that was supposed to have been thrown out." I then asked, "Why wasn't I told of this?" his response, "You weren't working here when we found the mistakes." I said, "I was here for inventory when you said you found the mistakes, so I ask again, why wasn't I told of this?" He couldn't answer my question and diverted his eyes. He also said, "People were mentioning how I wasn't getting my work done." I then said, "You mean like the cycle counting project I was supposed to have been working on but couldn't?" He didn't give an answer because he couldn't answer. So basically he was looking for an excuse to let me go, and my DW and DMiL both agree. Even a friend of mine, who's an HR type person, agreed that what I did, while wrong, didn't reach the level of letting someone go in any company she's ever worked for. She also said that it was a good thing you didn't argue with him because it would have been bad for me in the long run in looking for work. Unfortunately it's better to just keep your mouth shut sometimes. When I told my mom what happened she said, "People don't like having their mistakes thrown back in their faces." and it's true. He was mad and embarrassed of what he did and I reminded him of it. And while I'm a bit upset over this, I'm almost happy it happened. This opens me up to pursue other avenues, and I'm looking forward to seeing what's out there. I just wish it would have happened after the holidays. Oh well, onward and upward, right?

ETA:

My DMiL thinks that he's under pressure from work or an outside influence, or both, and that he may lose it at some point...and it could be. He has been looking dejected and beaten lately, and I'm not the only one to notice.
praying

A little while back I tossed out the set of encyclopedias that I'd had since I's a young'en or that might'a been a workable possibility. But then again, setting a dumpster fire inside the house might get me tossed out about as quick as suggesting that my Missus ought to burn something she'd been collecting over time.

(We both lucky that we married up, ya' know; best not to be working against that)

Well, of course. I'm still shocked she's stuck with me this long.

But she stopped reading those novels a long time ago when she started to figure out that each one followed the exact same formula. So I was on pretty safe ground. Besides, it was funny! Give me a little credit here.

I'm back on the market....which honestly surprised me. I seriously thought they would have kept me through the holidays. This is what happened: I was told that what I did was not the main reason I was being let go, but it was a small part, and that there were other transgressions that had been made by me that added up to me being let go. I thought to myself, "Really, because this is the first I've heard of this." but I let him continue. He then told me that what I did was wrong and that I had no authority to change my hours, which I admitted was a mistake. He also said that what happened last week which led him to quit was between him and the company and that I had no right to bring it up. I didn't mention it, but I thought to myself, "But you pitched a huge fit on the production floor, during a meeting, why can't I mention it? It's public at this point." But I let it pass. He then went on to say, "We also found problems with past E&O projects during the physical inventory where inventory was left that was supposed to have been thrown out." I then asked, "Why wasn't I told of this?" his response, "You weren't working here when we found the mistakes." I said, "I was here for inventory when you said you found the mistakes, so I ask again, why wasn't I told of this?" He couldn't answer my question and diverted his eyes. He also said, "People were mentioning how I wasn't getting my work done." I then said, "You mean like the cycle counting project I was supposed to have been working on but couldn't?" He didn't give an answer because he couldn't answer. So basically he was looking for an excuse to let me go, and my DW and DMiL both agree. Even a friend of mine, who's an HR type person, agreed that what I did, while wrong, didn't reach the level of letting someone go in any company she's ever worked for. She also said that it was a good thing you didn't argue with him because it would have been bad for me in the long run in looking for work. Unfortunately it's better to just keep your mouth shut sometimes. When I told my mom what happened she said, "People don't like having their mistakes thrown back in their faces." and it's true. He was mad and embarrassed of what he did and I reminded him of it. And while I'm a bit upset over this, I'm almost happy it happened. This opens me up to pursue other avenues, and I'm looking forward to seeing what's out there. I just wish it would have happened after the holidays. Oh well, onward and upward, right?

ETA:

My DMiL thinks that he's under pressure from work or an outside influence, or both, and that he may lose it at some point...and it could be. He has been looking dejected and beaten lately, and I'm not the only one to notice.

Wow. I'm sorry you're in this position once again. I agree with you--it sounds like they were just looking for an excuse to let you go. Or maybe they just wanted to reduce the workforce and had a convenient excuse with you changing your work hours. But if that's how the company operates and the boss is that unstable, you're probably better off elsewhere. Hope you find something quickly.

And again I say: Burrrr....
The parts for our heater should be in now and I'm expecting the repair folks out here this morning. Just as the local weather is starting to tick back up toward unseasonably warm.

Figures...

Well, a happy Friday to all y'all, though.
May the work hours go by quickly and see you back home safe and well.

I'm back on the market....which honestly surprised me. I seriously thought they would have kept me through the holidays.
Good Lord...
It's kind'a like: OK, I'm back now, so let me toss someone else out the door to prove my loyalty to the machine.

You do have a good attitude about it though and getting back to the original plan may well be a good thing.
Good luck to you sir.

I buy the liquor so I always err on the side of too much ;)
Words to live by.

Hey I found this wheelbarrow, is it yours Darcy?

Darcy.jpg
Actually, I think that may be mine.
You could ship it down this way if you don't mind.

But she stopped reading those novels a long time ago when she started to figure out that each one followed the exact same formula. So I was on pretty safe ground. Besides, it was funny! Give me a little credit here.
I'm shocked!
Shocked, I tell you to find out that there is gambling going on in this establish...

Wait, wrong movie...

Credit is most certainly due as it was funny (Although many a funny comment has still lead toward divorce under the right circumstances).

Had I know the back-story on the books though, I'd likely have just responded with one of these: :rotfl2:

Morning folks.
Is it just me, or is it getting scarier out there?

Neither did I, but I'm actually glad to be out of there, and I do mean that. I wish it would have happened differently, but I am glad to be out. This offers me an opportunity to pursue what I really want, and that's to get into the medical field. Now, I may wind up having to take a season job, which I will most likely do for the income, but I'm going all in on finding a job I really want. I will miss everyone I worked with, but I'm not sad to be gone from there.
Maybe it was for the best, then?
What I really hope happens now is that you get a job that you like and then your old job calls and asks if you could come back. After all... there's precedent.
The parts for our heater should be in now and I'm expecting the repair folks out here this morning. Just as the local weather is starting to tick back up toward unseasonably warm.

Figures...
But of course! That's how it works, ya know.
It's kind'a like: OK, I'm back now, so let me toss someone else out the door to prove my loyalty to the machine.
Very good point!
I'm shocked!
Shocked, I tell you to find out that there is gambling going on in this establish...

Wait, wrong movie...

Thanks.

I've had the same reaction to from my DW when I've asked if I could toss something out....heck, I get it now from my DD and she's only 7. The look on my DD's face when I wanted to throw out some old school papers of hers. :lmao:

Wow. I'm sorry you're in this position once again. I agree with you--it sounds like they were just looking for an excuse to let you go. Or maybe they just wanted to reduce the workforce and had a convenient excuse with you changing your work hours. But if that's how the company operates and the boss is that unstable, you're probably better off elsewhere. Hope you find something quickly.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Yeah everyone I've talked to agrees that they were looking for an excuse.

Maybe it was for the best, then?
What I really hope happens now is that you get a job that you like and then your old job calls and asks if you could come back. After all... there's precedent.

I'm thinking this is for the best, and it's almost like life is forcing me into looking for a job...kind of like a kick in the butt. And I'm taking it like that. The third phone call I made yesterday after being let go was to a recruiter I've worked with before. She knows I've been wanting to get into the medical field, and has started working with me on that. Her idea, which was an idea I came up with last year, was to get a temp job somewhere in Cape Cod Healthcare, which is notorious for being difficult to get into. My thinking, and hers, is that if I can get in, even as a temp, it'll be easier to snag a fulltime job. I've known people to do this, so I know it works. I'm even going to apply for Per Diem jobs hoping to do the same thing. My DMiL and I were talking last night and thinks they may wind up calling me back at some point. My old boss is looking unstable and ready to lose it again, and if that happens, she thinks they'll call me and want me back since I know what I'm doing. Not sure if I'll go back, but it would be nice to have them call me....almost like karma biting them in the butt.

Happy Friday guys! Been pretty busy and trying to reduce some of the on-line tech time lately. CCT - sorry about the job front, hope things work out for you.
Got a 4 day weekend coming burning through time off so it does not get lost. Have a good weekend guys and stay safe, this thing is getting worse.

My old boss is looking unstable and ready to lose it again, and if that happens, she thinks they'll call me and want me back since I know what I'm doing. Not sure if I'll go back, but it would be nice to have them call me....almost like karma biting them in the butt.
Obviously, I can't tell you what to do, but if it were me and that happened, I would say you have to give me a raise or full time position or both. I would also, if I were you, document as best you can conversations that were had where you were supposed to do X, but were told to do Y instead. If they do end up calling you, having that documented might be a bargaining chip. Personnaly, if it were me, unless I was desparate for money, I would tell them where they could put that phone when they call. Too many companies think they can do whatever to people and then seem surprised when those people don't react in a positive way.

I'll never forget a presentation years ago by a VP from Delta airlines....

He said his managers were complaining to him about their people having no loyalty. He stopped them and asked them one question. When was the last time, you as a manager, did something to EARN it?

Crickets!

Ahhhhhh...
Warmth...

That's the one.
And one of my favorites as films go, actually.

Got a 4 day weekend coming burning through time off so it does not get lost.
A good plan.
I'm behind in using my time off as well, but don't think I'll be able to catch up. Will have to work harder at using my actually earned compensation a bit better in 21.

ave a good weekend guys and stay safe, this thing is getting worse.
Also good words to live by.

He said his managers were complaining to him about their people having no loyalty. He stopped them and asked them one question. When was the last time, you as a manager, did something to EARN it?
They stopped teaching that in business school back in the early 70s.

Morning chaps, from a sunny but cold mother country. Did the lottery last night. And won. A life changing £3.60 of Her Majesty's coin. You may all form a line on the left (one cross each) to find out how much I will share with all my friends. The Grinch went up last Sunday, as some of you would have seen on the Book, today's endeavour is external illumination. Lady K had a good birthday, so prayers for my Bank balance would be mightily appreciated. I was in my old college stomping ground yesterday, where they bake the best bagels in London. As we are supposed to be in NY this week, I may have partaken of a dozen or so, accompanied by a monster Salt Beef with pickles and mustard.

I'm back on the market....which honestly surprised me. I seriously thought they would have kept me through the holidays.
The absolute level of sh!thousery that goes on this building never ceases to amaze me.
Sorry, CCT, hope things turn out mate. You are well rid of that place.
Hopefully you find a better position CCT
TWSS? Too soon?
We presented 10 7of our awards and 3 aboriginal awards with only one glitch. The only downfall is we usually host a hospitality suite after and that isn't happening this year and that means I don't get the leftover liquor. :(
or
depending on which side of the bed you got out of.
I buy the liquor so I always err on the side of too much
You can't be too careful mate, thats the epitome of a welcoming host.
Rain two days ago caused some bad flooding in parts of the province and some people have been forced out of their homes. That sucks anytime but even worse just a few weeks before Christmas.
Yeeeks.

The bourbon is almost gone.
I took advantage of a few Black Friday deals, so there may or may not be a fair few bottles of "liquid patience giver" on the way. I am consulting with counsel to see if I need to plea the 5th to the Lady K. I think I'm gonna be OK on the booze, it's gonna be the stogies that might get me some serious time in the pokey.
Frankly, we all are.
(you know I luv ya)
A good plan.
I'm behind in using my time off as well, but don't think I'll be able to catch up. Will have to work harder at using my actually earned compensation a bit better in 21.
I'm the same bud. all the cancelled trips and then hoping this thing would lift has left me with 2 weeks to use before Feb. Take your vacation though buddy. They can have me 14 hours a day on work time, but everyone needs a break.
Obviously, I can't tell you what to do, but if it were me and that happened, I would say you have to give me a raise or full time position or both.
I would be asking for this, and the privileges he used to get off checkin out the structural improvements in lady parts in the club he used to work in.
Maybe with Janet in accounts.
This is the quickest win in history. At some time, all my contractors have fluffed up, and came to me for more time or money. The first time, I have had a frank chat with them, in confidence, given them a private kicking, and told them how to play it out, and taking a kicking on behalf of them with my higher ups. Gain 1 - They hardly ever did it again, Gain 2 - They totally had my back from there on in. Same with my staff. First time, its on me. Second time, you find out the flip side of that logic.

Right I'm off to ice Todd and Margo's stereo, and give the guy in the nuclear power plant some overtime.
Have a great Saturday chaps, may your day be thrillin' and your beer be chillin'

Bricksburg out.

Morning, Gents! Day 1 of unemployment down. Didn't do much except for to look for work. I did apply to a courier position, a per diem position, with the local healthcare group. My thinking is that if I can just get in the organization somewhere, I can then worm my way into another position...a lot of people do it this way. Anyway, we'll see what happens. Otherwise I've spent lots of time updating my resume and looking for for work. I know there's a lot of seasonal jobs right now that I can take advantage of, and I'll be looking into those as well. Well, that's all, gents. Have a good day.

TTFN

CCT - sorry about the job front, hope things work out for you.

Thanks.

Obviously, I can't tell you what to do, but if it were me and that happened, I would say you have to give me a raise or full time position or both. I would also, if I were you, document as best you can conversations that were had where you were supposed to do X, but were told to do Y instead. If they do end up calling you, having that documented might be a bargaining chip. Personnaly, if it were me, unless I was desparate for money, I would tell them where they could put that phone when they call. Too many companies think they can do whatever to people and then seem surprised when those people don't react in a positive way.

Oh if they did call me and wanted me back, doubtful, but if they did, then yes, I'd be asking for a raise and a full-time position. I'd also have to be pretty desperate for money if I were to take another position at that place. And writing everything down is a good idea...I'll have to start doing that.

Crickets!

Most bosses don't do anything to earn respect and loyalty from their workers. My old boss had my respect and loyalty up until he pitched a fit in a public meeting and promptly quit. I use to like the Dir. of Operations, but he's a spineless....well, he's spineless. I went to him with my concerns and he didn't back me up, so it'd have to take a lot to get me back.

Morning chaps, from a sunny but cold mother country. Did the lottery last night. And won. A life changing £3.60 of Her Majesty's coin. You may all form a line on the left (one cross each) to find out how much I will share with all my friends.

Woohoo! Party at Londontime's! :rockband::bride::woohoo:party:

The absolute level of sh!thousery that goes on this building never ceases to amaze me.
Sorry, CCT, hope things turn out mate. You are well rid of that place.

Thanks, man, appreciate it. Yeah, that place is a run by people who don't know what they're doing. It's unreal that they are able to keep that place running. As much as I needed the job, I truly am glad to be out of there.

Morning Gents, happy Saturday!

Looks like a Costco run is in my future, wish me luck.

Ahhhhhh...
Warmth...

Glad to hear.

I assume your furnace is working again and you didn't just pee on yourself.

Morning chaps, from a sunny but cold mother country. Did the lottery last night. And won. A life changing £3.60 of Her Majesty's coin. You may all form a line on the left (one cross each) to find out how much I will share with all my friends. The Grinch went up last Sunday, as some of you would have seen on the Book, today's endeavour is external illumination. Lady K had a good birthday, so prayers for my Bank balance would be mightily appreciated. I was in my old college stomping ground yesterday, where they bake the best bagels in London. As we are supposed to be in NY this week, I may have partaken of a dozen or so, accompanied by a monster Salt Beef with pickles and mustard.

That lottery win should help the post-birthday bank account.

Morning all. Despite multiple rejections, I'm still job seeking. I guess it's kinda like dating - ask enough and hopefully someone is dumb enough or drunk enough to say yes. :lmao:

I have an interview in Indiana on Tuesday for a therapist job with an LLC. In our phone interview yesterday, she said they were growing too fast to keep up with demand, an unintended consequence of the COVID lockdowns. I don't know how the out of state licensure laws work, so something for me to review today. It may be a reciprocating thing, transcripts, and/or test. But, I'm guessing they know, otherwise, why waste the interview time. Best thing is that since it is across the river, it can't be denied by the retirement board.

ETA:

Sorry to hear it and prayers for you. Back to our bulletproof post, I was always told hard work gets you ahead in life. Painfully, I learned that wasn't true, at least in my industry. Hard work gets you more work. It's about relationships and luck.

Crickets!

That's just not a manager thing, that's a company thing. With profits being as high as they've been, and with such a low tax rate these past few years, nothing shows loyalty better than giving employees a raise or a bonus. I'm not smart enough to understand it, but I guess a revolving door or hiring people is more cost effective than rewarding people who stay.

I took advantage of a few Black Friday deals, so there may or may not be a fair few bottles of "liquid patience giver" on the way. I am consulting with counsel to see if I need to plea the 5th to the Lady K. I think I'm gonna be OK on the booze, it's gonna be the stogies that might get me some serious time in the pokey.

Discretionary spending is lower now with only my retirement check. So, I managed only a bottle of Maker's Mark to get me thru the week. I still have enough cigars, but I can only smoke them outside, and it is way too cold for me.

Afternoon from a rainy Westfield. Dd and I just got back from her swimming lessons and lunch. We are now going to make a Zebra cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting for DW birthday tomorrow.
Have a great weekend.

Morning chaps, from a sunny but cold mother country. Did the lottery last night. And won. A life changing £3.60 of Her Majesty's coin. You may all form a line on the left (one cross each) to find out how much I will share with all my friends.

Bricksburg out.
That's a lot of qiud, enjoy the win.
Morning all. Despite multiple rejections, I'm still job seeking. I guess it's kinda like dating - ask enough and hopefully someone is dumb enough or drunk enough to say yes. :lmao:

I have an interview in Indiana on Tuesday for a therapist job with an LLC. In our phone interview yesterday, she said they were growing too fast to keep up with demand, an unintended consequence of the COVID lockdowns.
Good luck Norm, good to hear the retirement board can't veto this job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter