DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning all. Quite a bit of work today, so i figured i would go to the gym first. :lmao:

Should have a tennis tournament the next two weekends, and that may end them until next year.

Looks like another round of Facebook disdad drama. I'm glad i misses it again.

It certainly is mate. West Ham Spurs tends to kick off early, to prevent carnage breaking out. So 1230 it is. Ain't looking forward to that one. Southampton away is a good test for Man U, not many go to St Marys and get 3 points. I'm not taking the boy to the Spurs game. Too tasty. I might not go myself, as I'm at the NFL game on Sunday, and 2 days out on sports the weekend before the missus starts FT work might be pushing my luck a wee bit.

Hey, welcome back. Cheeky trip?

Last day at work today boys, so may be slightly delicate in the morning. Have a great day, and I'll be back as soon as is humanely possible to call it.

Stay at home dad with futball and football tickets? You married well, 007. :lmao:

Dan, enjoy your last day at work; I'm sure you new adventure will be just like a vacation. :rotfl2:
:scared1::rotfl: Cheers mate. I started to do up a quiz that bought the kids time on the Ipads, 2 minutes for a right answer. My missus just walked away shaking her head laughing. Apparently I have a lot to learn....

Wait! You're a Cubs fan and a Bears fan? The weather in Chicago isn't like London, so I must ask...why the Chicago love? Doh, just realized. Thought I was asking Dan. Disregard.
I supported the first teams I saw live when i was a kid. So fate basically b*tch slapped me, and gave me the Bears, the Cubs and the Knicks. Only ever saw the Canucks at Hockey, and that was about 8 years ago and I don't really follow hockey anyway. And due to John Hughes and the Blues Brothers. Hence my visits to Chicago, and therefore the teams.

*** was all that about? I enjoy FB for some of the banter. Some of them are way too prissy. And has Aaron chucked the podcast in? I was thinking that the other day, I haven't seen one for about 6 weeks.

:scared1::rotfl: Cheers mate. I started to do up a quiz that bought the kids time on the Ipads, 2 minutes for a right answer. My missus just walked away shaking her head laughing. Apparently I have a lot to learn....

I supported the first teams I saw live when i was a kid. So fate basically b*tch slapped me, and gave me the Bears, the Cubs and the Knicks. Only ever saw the Canucks at Hockey, and that was about 8 years ago and I don't really follow hockey anyway. And due to John Hughes and the Blues Brothers. Hence my visits to Chicago, and therefore the teams.
Well, I've been a Cubs fan since I was a kid. Used to watch them in spring training close to home and then was able to watch them just about anywhere I was stationed (military) on WGN. Been a Miami Dolphins fan as long as I can remember, but they haven't been much since Marino era...depressing because they could've/should've won the super bowl at least once then. I used to like basketball and was a Lakers (Kareem/Magic Johnson/James Worthy/etc. era), but now it seems more of an "I'm the greatest, give me the ball" sport instead of a team sport and I can do without all the egotistic loud mouths. Never watched hockey much until we had the thrashers in ATL and love going to the games (still boring to watch on TV). I was disappointed when they left, but unfortunately ATL fans in general are fair weather or fickle fans and the thrashers never won enough to get enough support to stay.

Although they weren't my team, per se, I've always like the bears...not a huge fan, but not hating them either (cough cough Cowgirls or Jersey jets)

Well, I've been a Cubs fan since I was a kid. Used to watch them in spring training close to home and then was able to watch them just about anywhere I was stationed (military) on WGN. Been a Miami Dolphins fan as long as I can remember, but they haven't been much since Marino era...depressing because they could've/should've won the super bowl at least once then. I used to like basketball and was a Lakers (Kareem/Magic Johnson/James Worthy/etc. era), but now it seems more of an "I'm the greatest, give me the ball" sport instead of a team sport and I can do without all the egotistic loud mouths. Never watched hockey much until we had the thrashers in ATL and love going to the games (still boring to watch on TV). I was disappointed when they left, but unfortunately ATL fans in general are fair weather or fickle fans and the thrashers never won enough to get enough support to stay.

Although they weren't my team, per se, I've always like the bears...not a huge fan, but not hating them either (cough cough Cowgirls or Jersey jets)
Its funny, if you watch the London game at the weekend, all the kids will be in Pats shirts and a lot of the guys slightly older than me will be in Dolphins shirts. Marino & Montana were the most glamorous QBs at the time that your football was really taking hold in the UK. My age group is more Bears, Giants and the Steelers. The London games are pretty cool, because I could be sitting next to a cheesehead and we'll just have a bit of banter and a beer. If that was our football we would be killing each other. They will get 80,000 per game over the 4, so basically a quarter of a million people will watch live NFL in the UK over the next month. I do get what you're saying about Basketball, but I still think in terms of pure athleticism it's one of the best sports to watch live.

*** was all that about? I enjoy FB for some of the banter. Some of them are way too prissy. And has Aaron chucked the podcast in? I was thinking that the other day, I haven't seen one for about 6 weeks.

I have no idea why people got upset about any of that discussion and I don't understand why he left.

I have no idea why people got upset about any of that discussion and I don't understand why he left.
Nor do I, that one came out of nowhere. It didn't look like anyone had a problem, and then bang, gone.

Morning, folks.
Got the house to myself. (well... me and the dogs.)

ahhhhhhhhhhh.....

Hey, welcome back. Cheeky trip?

Thanks!

And.... That means something different to me, I think.
What exactly do you mean when you say Cheeky trip?

Morning all. Quite a bit of work today, so i figured i would go to the gym first. :lmao:

:laughing:

You can tell by the long line of Scrooge McDucks above me that my last day is fairly laid back.

Nice! Enjoy what's left of it.

I'm subscribed, but admit I don't follow it at all.
What was that all about?

And.... That means something different to me, I think.
What exactly do you mean when you say Cheeky trip?
Cheeky. Quick. Like a getaway. Cheeky in Cockney is a short or swift action. Such as "fancy a cheeky pint?"

Cheeky. Quick. Like a getaway. Cheeky in Cockney is a short or swift action. Such as "fancy a cheeky pint?"
Ah. Got it. Then yes. a quick little getaway. We have 2 teen (well... one just turned 20) daughters.
Getting away is a good thing sometimes.

Cheeky. A little bit naughty. Or perhaps a bit sarcastic.

What was that all about?

There was a post asking thoughts on putting kids on shoulders in the middle of a crowd for the shows. There was some respectful, I thought, discussion and then a second post that seemed more in jest. Then he was gone.

Hello boys! Dan, you haven't called it yet? Got a nice surprise as DS decided this morning to come home for the weekend even though he is coming next weekend as well (specific appointments and such). 2 of his 4 courses are on line this semester so he has not classroom stuff on Fridays and Mondays. Got to admit put a bit of a boos into my step when I got the test. Have a good weekend gents and enjoy the family time.
Last day at work today boys, so may be slightly delicate in the morning. Have a great day, and I'll be back as soon as is humanely possible to call it.
Congrats on the last day and all the best on the new endevour.
Wait! You're a Cubs fan and a Bears fan? The weather in Chicago isn't like London, so I must ask...why the Chicago love? Doh, just realized. Thought I was asking Dan. Disregard.
Heck of a win. Wish it weren't so late so I could've seen it.
I was cussing out Strop something fearce and then for Baez to tie in the ninth with 2 outs 2 strikes woke up DW and then woke her up again on Bryant's 2-run bomb - major huge win!
Stay at home dad with futball and football tickets? You married well, 007. :lmao:
Yea, he sure did. How do I get that situation?
Nor do I, that one came out of nowhere. It didn't look like anyone had a problem, and then bang, gone.
There was a post asking thoughts on putting kids on shoulders in the middle of a crowd for the shows. There was some respectful, I thought, discussion and then a second post that seemed more in jest. Then he was gone.
Yea, WTH was all that noise about? And then there was a post about not being at the DIS because of all the drama here. Really?!?
Morning, folks.

ahhhhhhhhhhh.....
Enjoy sir!

That's it? Seems fairly benign.

Yea, WTH was all that noise about? And then there was a post about not being at the DIS because of all the drama here. Really?!?

:laughing: Hey! What do you mean by that?!??
<subliminally yelling>

Enjoy sir!

About 30 seconds after I posted that, rugrat #1 came home. Ah well.

This. ::yes::

It could have been worse. You could have been a Philadelphia sports fan.:sad2:

Morning, folks.

ahhhhhhhhhhh.....

Wait, they let you go home? I thought you'd be at work for at least another 3 weeks.

What was that all about?

You're probably better off not following it. The FB group has changed lately. Used to be an extension of the hangout here, but there's a lot of infighting/trolling going on over there lately. I mostly stay out of it.

:confused3

Wait, they let you go home? I thought you'd be at work for at least another 3 weeks.

Going back in.... uh, now.

You're probably better off not following it. The FB group has changed lately. Used to be an extension of the hangout here, but there's a lot of infighting/trolling going on over there lately. I mostly stay out of it.

I'll pass on that. Thanks for the tip.

Sorry chaps. Got caught in the pub in the pub and was caught napping on the job. That's it.im calling it. Work week over. Whatever you guys want to drink is fine, I'm trying to sober myself up in a five guys in the middle of the west end. Wish me luck. London out.

Well, I've been a Cubs fan since I was a kid. Used to watch them in spring training close to home and then was able to watch them just about anywhere I was stationed (military) on WGN. Been a Miami Dolphins fan as long as I can remember, but they haven't been much since Marino era...

I remember getting NL central games. In Louisville, we were in Cincinnati market, so i got more Reds. I went to a lot of Redbirds games in Louisville (minor league) which was team for Reds or Cardinals at different times. So, I still follow NL central teams, and tend to take more of them in my fantasy baseball team.

Morning, folks.
Got the house to myself.

What was that all about?

Enjoy your party if one. I read he was reported, then blocked, or left. Who knows. I don't really care. It's more convenient to access FB, but i post more over here.

I think the whole reported and blocked things were the drama I was referring to.

Enjoy sir!

I think the drama they refer to here is elsewhere on the Disboards in other threads. I went out there and posted in a few, and got reported because someone didn't like my post. People post topics they no people will troll in order for moderators to shut down thread.

So, i just stick with here, the prayer thread, and Boardwalk thread, since it is my home resort.

Sorry chaps. Got caught in the pub in the pub and was caught napping on the job. That's it.im calling it. Work week over. Whatever you guys want to drink is fine, I'm trying to sober myself up in a five guys in the middle of the west end. Wish me luck. London out.

That's a terrible call. I hope SAH007 can do better than that in the future. Don't report me. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter