DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning guys from a sunny London.

Our betters in Westminster seem to be fulfilling their role as feckless, chinless, spineless trough rummagers who are just out to line their pockets, or fulfill their “old school boy” destiny of telling us all how to do things. Not one of them have worked a day in their life outside of their Oxbridge bubble.

Rant over.
Have a lovely day.

Funny....only the second time I've seen (or heard) someone use the term feckless. For any of you who are survivor fans, the first time was Shambo at final tribal council. Dan...I get the impression, you're less than keen on these folks. Sounds exactly like our government here...they have no interest in serving their constituents like they were supposed to....it's all about how much they can line their pockets and get re-elected indefinitely (and most of our feckless voters let them)

1 break shuts off water to the entire city??

I guess. We have no water at our house. Both my jobs don't have water. Local businesses are posting they are closing as well. I guess if you can't flush the carp, then it's time to close. Stores are open to sell the remaining water they have left.

I guess. We have no water at our house. Both my jobs don't have water. Local businesses are posting they are closing as well. I guess if you can't flush the carp, then it's time to close. Stores are open to sell the remaining water they have left.

WOW!

I'm back from a quick getaway with the missus to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Glad the world didn't burn down in our absence.

Our betters in Westminster seem to be fulfilling their role as feckless, chinless, spineless trough rummagers who are just out to line their pockets, or fulfill their “old school boy” destiny of telling us all how to do things. Not one of them have worked a day in their life outside of their Oxbridge bubble.

Rant over.
Have a lovely day.

Well, it's good to know the grass isn't any greener on the other side of the ocean. So thanks for that.

And the city has a water main break, and there is absolutely no pressure. The city is closed.

:scared1: Um...that's not good.

Um...that's not good.

A State of Emergency was declared. The entire city has no running water and all stores are sold out of water. Water is being shipped in. I wake up around 6 AM, noticed low water flow, and read about a boil advisory. I went up and bought several cases of bottle water before the panic hit. People were fighting over water an hour ago.

I keep gallons of water at the house for emergencies. Plus, I can carry in the pool water to flush the tanks. I don't have showers figured out. But, there are others far less prepared.

This is why I think having a well is good. On the other hand, if the pump for the well goes out, same basic problem.

This is why I think having a well is good. On the other hand, if the pump for the well goes out, same basic problem.

School crossings over the river? Look closer. The break happened around 6 AM, so that is 5 hours later? This one may last a few days.

wp_ss_20180709_0001.png

A State of Emergency was declared. The entire city has no running water and all stores are sold out of water. Water is being shipped in. I wake up around 6 AM, noticed low water flow, and read about a boil advisory. I went up and bought several cases of bottle water before the panic hit. People were fighting over water an hour ago.

I keep gallons of water at the house for emergencies. Plus, I can carry in the pool water to flush the tanks. I don't have showers figured out. But, there are others far less prepared.
praying

Good job planning ahead. Nothing sucks more that not being able to use water in your house.

Been there twice, once in the winter and once in the summer. Luckily each time we had water to flush with. DW was about to take a bath so the tub was full ans during the summer we had a pool we could use to bring water in for the toilet.

School crossings over the river? Look closer. The break happened around 6 AM, so that is 5 hours later? This one may last a few days.

View attachment 335826

That is one big break.

Well done in the stocking up buddy, all the best for a speedy resolution.

G'afternoon all...
sounds like there's a lot of typical Monday going on 'round here. May as well add to the entertainment.
I succeeded in ripping up a tire while driving into work this morning. (fun fact: it had only 300 miles on it)
That chewed up about four hours that I didn't really have to spare.
Yep... It's Monday everywhere.

Vacation Bible School next week. Somebody put me in charge, and that's a terrible idea. Maybe I should have them make homemade beer and spirits each day. I'll be drinking heavily.
I second this idea.
A curriculum of that caliber might get me back into a VBS for the week.

Go Pats!!!!!
Now, now...
watch the profanity, there.
Don't want anyone getting banned.

Rant over.
Have a lovely day.
Hold our beer.
What CJ said...
Y'all may have been at it longer, but we've come close to perfecting it.

And a water main break to start the day. Low pressure and boil advisory means a madhouse at local stores as the zombie apocalypse begins.
that beats my Monday.
Quite the break. Must be one of the main supply lines for the system.

Still looking at heat warnings up here.
Is that where the heat got off to?
Was wondering why it was bizarrely pleasant outside this morning,
You can send that stuff back down here where it belongs if you want.
It'll be more at home down this way.

Throw their tea in the harbour, that seems to work.
If nothing else, it gets the attention of the folks who own the tea.
If they have enough power, then it starts rolling on back up the sewer lines.

I'm back from a quick getaway with the missus to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Glad the world didn't burn down in our absence.
Same stuff...
Different day...

Welcome back (or, condolences on the trip ending, as the case may be).
Looked like y'all had a very fine little outing though.

Thanks.

Well done in the stocking up buddy, all the best for a speedy resolution.

Thanks.

G'afternoon all...
sounds like there's a lot of typical Monday going on 'round here. May as well add to the entertainment.
I succeeded in ripping up a tire while driving into work this morning. (fun fact: it had only 300 miles on it)
That chewed up about four hours that I didn't really have to spare.
Yep... It's Monday everywhere.

that beats my Monday.
Quite the break. Must be one of the main supply lines for the system

Sorry to hear about the tire and the time to patch it. I've never turned on the tap in my house and not have water come out. It does make me appreciate what I have even more.

I have probably 30 gallons of water here at the house (for water outages, winter power loss, etc.). As for flushing, only option I have during the summer is the retention pond about half mile away, but it would do in a pinch.

Morning guys from a slightly overcast but now slightly more mobile London. Cast came off yesterday, now in a boot with wedges, but off the crutches so, progress. Done some chores and now just watching the Blues Brothers. With the amp up real high. The only way to watch it.
Hopefully Norm, you've got some water back?

Funny....only the second time I've seen (or heard) someone use the term feckless
Word of the day toilet paper. Informative and soft.
Throw their tea in the harbour, that seems to work.
So, they are almost ready to be American politicians?
Hold our beer.
Dan...I get the impression, you're less than keen on these folks.
In the olden days, pursuing your own agenda at the expense of your country was called treason. And got you a one way ticket to the tower. Sometimes the old ways are the best.
It's now verging on the farcical.
Yeowch. Sorry man, that sucks.
I'm back from a quick getaway with the missus to celebrate our 20th anniversary
Congrats on the anniversary Mark. Enjoy those brownie points.
Now, now...
watch the profanity, there.
Don't want anyone getting banned.
Fair do's, that was a bit offside.
Y'all may have been at it longer, but we've come close to perfecting it.
Nope, I think we are holding our own in the "My great great great great great grandma got knocked up by Charles II, so I therefore lord over all aspects of life without achieving anything, milk the state with my moody tax schemes and drive round in state sponsored cars, whilst demonising people who are trying to earn for a living" stakes. Their sense of entitlement is as craven as it is galling. I don't know what's particularly kicked me off this week, but I am actually angry.

But enough of this, there's James Brown in a Reverend outfit to watch.....

Morning All,

Another heat warning today but it is suppose to be the last for a bit. We do have an air quality warning because of smoke starting to move over the Province from forest fires in Quebec. We also still have a tropical storm/hurricane moving up the coast but it is suppose to stay well south of where I am. They said that 4 years ago and we got nailed.

Streaming some tennis right now, easier to explain sports in this office than something like the Blues Brothers. Have a good one all.

Morning guys from a slightly overcast but now slightly more mobile London. Cast came off yesterday, now in a boot with wedges, but off the crutches so, progress. Done some chores and now just watching the Blues Brothers. With the amp up real high. The only way to watch it.

Good to hear Dan, you should be out running in no time.

Happy Birthday Mr. Belding!

6a0105363a8cbc970c0115711a0d3f970b-pi

Welcome back (or, condolences on the trip ending, as the case may be).
Looked like y'all had a very fine little outing though.

Thank you, sir. We had a great time. It's just never long enough.

Congrats on the anniversary Mark. Enjoy those brownie points.

Thanks, Dan. But you know as well as I do the brownie points never last.

Scoring System:
Bring home flowers for wife = 1 brownie point.
Take wife on big 20th anniversary getaway = 1 brownie point.

Leave toilet seat up = -1,000 brownie points.
Watch game instead of taking out trash = -1,000,000 brownie points.

The system is rigged!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter