DDE Dining and the Mouse - Day 7: 11/3

MadToad

Mouseketeer
I'm almost to the end of the gastronomic journey!

Breakfast: This was our usual visit to the Boardwalk Bakery. As previously posted, you can't go wrong here. We once again shared a breakfast sandwich and a crumb cake. I also got a Mickey Cake. I don't know why, but the urge hit me. It rested in our fridge until Sunday, and it was worth the wait! (But you'll have to wait for the Day 9 review, sorry - those are the rules.) ;)

For lunch we wandered Epcot, enjoying the many pleasures that the Food & Wine Festival offers. Some were terrific (Goat Cheese Tart in France), and some made me regret ever having a tongue (dessert wine in Poland). All in all, it was so good, we did the same for lunch on Day 8.

Dinner at the Flying Fish: In our past visits, the Flying Fish has never failed to disappoint, but tonight it exceeded all expectations. We were seated promptly, service was excellent, and the food was fantastic. All 6 people in our party raved about the experience. For appetizer, the muscles were shared along with a few ceasar salads. The muscles were awesome - the pesto cream sauce is so good it should be illegal. I had the char-crusted steak (I always have the char-crusted steak) which lived up to my memory of it (which is hard to do as the memory often exceeds the actual experience). Most others had the potato wrapped snapper. DW still talks about it to this day. For dessert I had white chocolate mousse (not on the menu, but they had it for another dessert so they made it special for me). I love white chocolate mousse and it is very hard to find. I have no idea what anyone else had, I was lost in my mousse. Someone else picked up the tab again, but rest assured the DDE card paid for itself once again ($60+).

The Boardwalk Bakery rated it's usual A, and the Flying Fish a show-stopping A+++ :cool1:

Next up, our final dinner at the California Grill.

You have a way with words, I'm drooling! Sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter