• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDP+ It’s official!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on the phone for 45 minutes. The original agent messed up my reservation and then I talked to guest services. She was able to get my reservation back to what it was but she told me they can't add the DDP+ to passholder packages.
I'm not very pleased right now.

Thanks for the report back. I was thinking of adding it to our one-night stay. What constitutes a “pass holder package” though? I mean, I have a room and my ticket (AP). I don’t understand how that can be different than adding DxDP.

Probably just a glitch, but the standard DDP is no longer showing up for me on the DVC website when I click the "Add Dining Plan" button...only QS, DDP+, and DxDDP.
I checked the same thing this morning to add on for my March trip and the Regular plan isn't showing up for me either. At first I thought they were replacing it, but now I see its just a glitch. Still doing the "Disney Math" on this one to figure out what will work.

Thanks for the report back. I was thinking of adding it to our one-night stay. What constitutes a “pass holder package” though? I mean, I have a room and my ticket (AP). I don’t understand how that can be different than adding DxDP.
I guess I should clarify. I have a ticketless package that was booked with a passholder rate. I have the DDP right now. They told me I can't upgrade to the + plan. I don't know if I've ever been penalized for being a passholder before

I guess I should clarify. I have a ticketless package that was booked with a passholder rate. I have the DDP right now. They told me I can't upgrade to the + plan. I don't know if I've ever been penalized for being a passholder before

Gotcha- that’s what I have as well, but no dining plan. I was considering calling to add this. I’m not going until May for this trip, so I think I’ll wait and see. Thanks for letting us know what happened when you tried.

I'm not understanding how this is any different than the regular dining plan?

Gotcha- that’s what I have as well, but no dining plan. I was considering calling to add this. I’m not going until May for this trip, so I think I’ll wait and see. Thanks for letting us know what happened when you tried.
You're welcome. I hope if anybody else with a passholder rate tries to add this, they report back what happens with them

The DDP+ is definitely a good save for me. I booked my package through the UK side, I called Disney UK side and they said the DDP+ is yet to be added here, and they told me to check back probably on April 2 ?!?!?! But my trip to Disney is during a week in late March. Does anyone know any other methods that I could possibly change my Disney dining plan to DDP+? P.s. just a heads up, the staff told me that the Space220 is opening very soon, but no exact date is given.

Food wise: I like this plan a lot. Seems like the perfect amount of food for me and my family.

Value Wise: I DO NOT like this plan at all. For $25 more you would get so much more. The Deluxe Plan is a MUCH better value.

If you're pricing out the other plans on the DVC site, the rates won't change. DVC is guaranteed the same price from Jan to Dec even if the prices increase for the general public.
Ah yes...you're right. Didn't even think about that.

If you got an entree for lunch you’d be ahead. Dont most restaurants have same lunch and dinner menu?

yes.... and many entrees are around $20. Some even less. Tony’s Town Square has 5 entrees at $23 or less. The Plaza recently increased prices but almost the entire menu is $22 or under. At 9 Dragons in Epcot, almost every entry is around $20 or less. Yak and Yeti has about 9 entrees under $21.

yes, if you always order the steak or the most expensive item, you come out ahead. But the average entree price across restaurants is about $26-27. Less for breakfast. So, if over the course of your trip, you get some expensive entrees, some average priced, some cheaper... that’s what I’m illustrating.
I suppose some people would get the $32 steak at every meal, twice per day... but I’d hope that would be a minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter