Debt Dumpers - 2018

Oh wait, I think it was only $300 when we did it. The $500 one is expired now right? It’s hard to juggle current accts and still look for more. I try to not bite off more than I can chew.
I got $400 from Incredible just from referrals and still due to get the main $100 for direct deposit. That was sweet!
Bonus from Columbia just posted. I opened on 6/7/18 and got the bonus on 6/30...easiest $500 ever!!

Woohoo! Got the free $200 from Fidelity. I'm kinda shell-shocked that I have $200 to now roll into something else. Where to go...where to go...
$500 from Columbia by opening account with $5, one direct deposit of any amount and one bill pay!!! These banks make it too easy.

Way to go on the $200!!!

$500 from Columbia by opening account with $5, one direct deposit of any amount and one bill pay!!! These banks make it too easy.

Way to go on the $200!!!

I don't think the direct deposit is easy... or could just me not wanting to change one of my direct deposits. I assume that is a payroll direct deposit.

For 2017, dh and I had over $4800 in bank bonuses, ds had $3200. Sure you have to claim it as income on tax returns but I look at it like this: If my employer said, "ruadisneyfan2, would you like a $4800 raise this year? If you take it you will have to declare this income." Would I decline it? Of course not.

Close to 30 accounts. :scared: No, nope, nada, that is not for me. $4800 / 52 = $92.30 a week. I could make that by working a little longer each work day. My work is always offering extra hours and overtime and I do not take that either. I use to do it, but now I decided my time (an sanity) is more valuable. I also am not willing to move any of our six direct deposits. That is just too much moving. I asked NavyFed last year why my checking with them doesn't have xyz like my USAA and they told me cause I never did a direct deposit with them, so it is a different level account. Didn't even have to think about it, I said okay, I guess I'll stick with the lower account because I am not moving my direct deposits just to get xyz on a secondary bank account. I can't remember what xyz was so it wasn't that important.

Chase was easy too. Only catch is your money has to sit there for 6 months... I am anxiously waiting until September.
Hrm...I'll have to think about that one. CA has very few state specific offers. It's kinda pathetic--there are exactly two. It's looking like many of them are the 6 months waiting period. I'll need to plan this out to roll some dough...

I have no opportunities for OT, and am good with spreadsheets. So this might be a good fit for me.

I don't think the direct deposit is easy... or could just me not wanting to change one of my direct deposits. I assume that is a payroll direct deposit.
I actually use my FSA direct deposit instead of my payroll direct deposit. I’m able to control that myself and don’t have to go through HR. Money is taken from my paycheck and deposited into my checking account once I upload receipts. It posts as a direct deposit.

I actually use my FSA direct deposit instead of my payroll direct deposit. I’m able to control that myself and don’t have to go through HR. Money is taken from my paycheck and deposited into my checking account once I upload receipts. It posts as a direct deposit.

I don't have an FSA. I still use military health care and the VA hospital. I know NavyFed specified it has to be a payroll direct deposit when I had spoke to them.

I was also thinking the direct deposit part isn't easy .... I have one paycheck which now goes into my one checking account. Definitely don't want to mess with that.

As previously mentioned, I have made some significant changes to my goals. So, that being said…

June Update: Year to date progress towards 2018 goals:

Car Loan: $9,200 towards a $21,600 goal (updated goal). Pretty much everything extra is getting thrown at the jeep payment with plans to pay off in full by end of year.

Savings: $2,200 towards a $5,000 goal (zero change here – summer is taking a toll on putting anything in savings, but I still hope to be on track by the end of the year).

Mortgage Overpay: $2,200 towards a $2,800 goal (updated goal) I still round up my payment each month, so there will be a little bit of extra payments on my mortgage, but nothing like originally intended.

DS13 College Fund: $2,575 towards a $3,000 goal

Personal goal: 30 pounds lost. Only 2 pounds lost this month, and at least I’m maintaining what I’ve done, but definitely feel like I’ve plateaued. Hoping to have a better July - I would still like to lose another 10. I signed up for a half marathon in September and I know it would be easier if there was less of me to haul for 13 miles.

Still struggling with the reduced income from my new job and feel like we’re living above our means. But, I know I will get back on track. Not adding any debt, but have been taking more out of savings to cover things which I don’t want to do. Had an unexpected $1,000 repair to one of our cars this week, so July is starting off with a Murphy bang.

On the positive side, my son is home and out of military life, have the rest of the week off, my niece is getting married on Saturday and looking forward to that and being with family, and then Orlando at the end of the month (and of course, I have to mention that most of the trip is paid for, just rental car, food, and incidentals to account for).

I don't have an FSA. I still use military health care and the VA hospital. I know NavyFed specified it has to be a payroll direct deposit when I had spoke to them.
Ok my fsa codes as direct deposit as it comes from my paycheck but I’m able to manage it. It doesn’t go through Human Resources. I used it to get the $300 bonus from chase and the $200 bonus from Columbia bank.

Totally not debt dumping related, but I got up at 4:45 this morning to make sure I was all ready to get fast passes at 5am for my Labor Day week WDW trip. Turns out I probably could have slept in because I was able to get everything I wanted and continued to tweak things over the next hour or so with no issues! :banana:The only thing I did have to change was switching my HS day to a day later in my trip in order to get a FP for Slinky Dog Dash.

I don’t think spending 5 minutes to email hr to split deposits or completing a form is “too hard” for $200... maybe it’s just me.
Guess it depends on your DD/HR department. Mine is super easy, I can do it all myself in a web portal and it goes into effect by the next check. My DHs HR guy is horrible, can't get his name right (on documents/401k account/etc), wrong start date, doesn't reply to emails, out of the office all the time, took forever to get DH off his work healthcare when we switched him to mine, on and on and on... I wouldn't want to mess with his DD because the guy would probably send it to the wrong account! Luckily I could always do DD from mine to DHs for a bank bonus :)

Guess it depends on your DD/HR department. Mine is super easy, I can do it all myself in a web portal and it goes into effect by the next check. My DHs HR guy is horrible, can't get his name right (on documents/401k account/etc), wrong start date, doesn't reply to emails, out of the office all the time, took forever to get DH off his work healthcare when we switched him to mine, on and on and on... I wouldn't want to mess with his DD because the guy would probably send it to the wrong account! Luckily I could always do DD from mine to DHs for a bank bonus :)
Yes it depends on your HR. I think I’m done for the year as you have to pay taxes on the bonuses. That is more of a hassle than switching DD to me.

Totally not debt dumping related, but I got up at 4:45 this morning to make sure I was all ready to get fast passes at 5am for my Labor Day week WDW trip. Turns out I probably could have slept in because I was able to get everything I wanted and continued to tweak things over the next hour or so with no issues! :banana:The only thing I did have to change was switching my HS day to a day later in my trip in order to get a FP for Slinky Dog Dash.
Congratulations. Last two weeks of August are awesome in terms of crowd levels. Glad you got everything.

I don’t think spending 5 minutes to email hr to split deposits or completing a form is “too hard” for $200... maybe it’s just me.

Well, our company was bought by another company at the beginning of the year & everything has been transferred to them....& everything from paychecks to time off to 401K has been a nightmare. So yeah, pretty painful at the moment. Maybe once everything gets (hopefully) sorted out it will be more simple.

Congratulations. Last two weeks of August are awesome in terms of crowd levels. Glad you got everything.

Thanks! I'm arriving the day before Labor Day and staying until that Friday. Went the same week last year and got out just before Irma hit and closed everything down. I'm hoping that a) that won't happen again this year and b) that it will have scared off enough people to make them choose other dates and it will be even less crowded than it was last year! ;)

I didn't even know about DoC! I'm going to set aside time to look over all of the offers. $4800 is amazing, @ruadisneyfan2 ! I'd be out of debt in half of the time if I could churn like that!

I haven't checked Fidelity today to see if the money had been credited to the account. Figure with getting this small bonus, I can start churning others. I already have a calendar reminder to close out the account April 1. I suppose having reminders like that helps.

Yes, I have a ridonculous number of reminders. It’s a simple little side job I can do in my PJs and bunny slippers.
:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter