Debt Dumpers - 2019

I get my Skechers at Ross usually. They almost always have my size since I wear a bigger size (10) then most women. I save a good amount that way and also my work gives us $150/year for shoes or pants.

I wish I could find Skecher's in my size at Ross/Marshall's. I don't usually have much luck there. Like you i'm a size 10, sometimes 9 or 9.5, but ours never has any good shoes in that size.

if they are otc and work for you see if they are on costco's website. we use allerfex and b/c costco does free shipping on most of their otc meds i keep an eye out for when it's on sale with them and order it so i'm not tempted by all the other stuff in the store if i go in to grab it.

She recommended Allerflo (similar to Flonase) so i'm going to give that a shot. They are offering free shipping for it right now, but Costco is only about 10 minutes away from me and i'm generally pretty good about picking up only the things I need. Plus I want a rotisserie chicken and I can't quite have that shipped to me haha. I also noticed on Costco's website that they sell a kirkland brand of Zyrtec-D, which makes me pretty excited since i've been buying the CVS brand of it for awhile now and i'm hoping that Costco's may be a little cheaper.

I also noticed on Costco's website that they sell a kirkland brand of Zyrtec-D, which makes me pretty excited since i've been buying the CVS brand of it for awhile now and i'm hoping that Costco's may be a little cheaper.

I took this for a long time until I built up a tolerance to it. I want to say it was maybe $29.99 for either 6 months or a year's supply. It's been about a year and a half since I purchased it. I'm on Xyzal now and it's worked great.

I took this for a long time until I built up a tolerance to it. I want to say it was maybe $29.99 for either 6 months or a year's supply. It's been about a year and a half since I purchased it. I'm on Xyzal now and it's worked great.

I'll keep xyzal in my back pocket for if all these other things don't work lol. I don't use the off brand Zyrtec-D all the time, just when my allergies become intolerable, or when I get a sinus headache that I can't seem to get rid of. That's my worst fear is becoming immune to it and then having to start my search all over again.

I'll keep xyzal in my back pocket for if all these other things don't work lol. I don't use the off brand Zyrtec-D all the time, just when my allergies become intolerable, or when I get a sinus headache that I can't seem to get rid of. That's my worst fear is becoming immune to it and then having to start my search all over again.

I've become immune to claritin and zyrtec :( Unfortunately, I have a moderate-severe dust mite allergy. Just missing one dose of my allergy medicine makes a huge difference in my comfort level, so I take it daily and add nasacort in the spring months.

I've become immune to claritin and zyrtec :( Unfortunately, I have a moderate-severe dust mite allergy. Just missing one dose of my allergy medicine makes a huge difference in my comfort level, so I take it daily and add nasacort in the spring months.
That doesn't sound fun at all :sad1::sad1:

I would ask for a 5 year maintenance package. DH has one on his car and it has been so nice knowing that when we take his car in for annual maintenance, we don't have any outlay of cash to worry about. He has two more years of service on his plan. It has been the most amazing thing.

Spoke the agent today and they are offering me one month's car payment, and a 3 year maintenance package.

I'm coming totally clean here. Because I couldn't say it out loud to anyone yet.

I totally have an addictive personality when it comes to shopping. I'm still being really good. But today I forced myself to come face to face with some of my purchases. I have an office in my home that has basically been unusable for at least a year and a half. All because I started collecting Rae Dunn. Soon I had so much that I started piling it up there. Then I had so many bags from TJ and HG that you couldn't walk in the room. It was AWFUL. A few months ago, I started working on it. I returned what I could. I also sold a ton online. Today, my goal was to clean the rest of my office out.... and box up another "collection" Guatemalan bags. I cannot believe how many I have. Two large plastic tubs full plus another laundry bin. These are bags that I paid between 200-400 a piece for. I didn't count them. I may try to re-sell some of them, but honestly, it will be at a loss. I'm sick over how much money I have in bins. On the bright side though, my office is totally cleaned out and pristine. So, I accomplished that goal.

But, back to the Rae Dunn and bags. I seem to become obsessive when I find something I like. I probably have 15 pairs of Tieks. I haven't counted them, but I have a ton. Anything that I like, I want it all. This absolutely has to stop. If I added the thousands I have invested between Tieks and bags, I could probably fund an ABD.

So, the no buy was really a good thing for me. Being more aware every time I buy something is absolutely necessary in my case. I need to continue to not shop, and I need to figure out what I can resell and attempt to recoup some cash. I think if I start getting obsessed with anything material, I may post it here before allowing myself to buy more than one of anything. That way, I'm at least being accountable to myself. Thanks again to this group. I really am going in the right direction since joining.

It is really important to know if you have an HSA or an FSA. HSA funds carry over year to year, but FSA funds go poof (somewhere between Dec. 31 - March 15 of the next year depending on your plan) at the end of the plan year, so you want to spend this down or else it is like a penalty.
Good point! Another reason it's good to know which one you have is that with a FSA, all of the funds are there and available to you to use on Jan 1. This is great if you have a large expense such as braces. Both of our kids got braces the same day so it was a $1500 down payment for each one. Having it all there for us immediately made it easy. This was back at the beginning of our debt dumping so we didn't have any financial plan or savings to fall back on. So glad those days are behind us!

I wish I could find Skecher's in my size at Ross/Marshall's. I don't usually have much luck there. Like you i'm a size 10, sometimes 9 or 9.5, but ours never has any good shoes in that size.

That's a bummer! I have found that there's a particular Ross near me that always seems to have them so I'm sure it varies by store.

@pblack ShopDisney never sent my waffle maker or updated status. I waited 3.5 weeks (we were at WDW the past 10 days, so I was ok with waiting) and sent them an email last night. Today they responded that the waffle maker was cancelled due to it being OOS! Jeez, were they never going to mention that fact?! Under my order history it still shows as shipping in 2-3 weeks like it did before. Boo. I should have ate more Mickey waffles while at Disney!

Todays' budget fail. Booked car in for its 2 new tyres and they called back & said I needed 4- bummer.
I particularly hate paying for tyres as we live on 20kms of dirt roads so I go through them quicker than I would like.

We are still swimming!
I've been kind of dragging myself around with the fatigue back again. Still grateful that it's not as bad as last year.
I don't know if I mentioned, I had been saving for a car and wanted to pay cash for it but I did break down in late Jan and bought a 2016 Lincoln MKC with only 21,000 miles. With the little bit I drive, it will still last me 10+ years. Dh enjoys it more than I do, I think. lol
I "borrowed" $2000 from dh's slush fund to have some extra down payment. I paid that back in pretty quickly but then realized I had told ds18 we'd help him when he's ready to buy a car, which would be $4000 from dh, and $4000 from me, except I didn't think he'd be buying so soon and I put all of my car fund down on the car, instead of holding out $4k for him. :o So while I tried to beef that fund up asap, ds of course found a car he loves. Well, every other week it was a different one he loved.

Long story short, dh had to kick in $2700 for me and we drove all the way to CT to get this car he loved. It really is neat and I can see why he loves it. It's a 2017 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF, the hardtop convertible.:drive: It HAD to be a stick and HAD to be blue, hence the trek to CT. I'm really happy for him and though he is so young and with a car loan, he is determined to pay it off asap and build up his credit score. He really is good at socking away 90% of his check toward a car. He plans to continue doing that. I printed out a little budget for him that includes his insurance and he likes it. He's happy to have a plan to follow so that in the fall when our policy renews, he'll have the money ready and not be in a panic. This boy has matured so, so much in the past year; I'm elated for that.:love1: He also is still working for me as my house cleaning service. This helps both of us: him with more income and me not having to clean.

Usually dh and I are not usually so much about "my money"/"his money" but most of his slush fund is the last of his inheritance from his parents and he is very reluctant to spend it, like he's hanging onto the last bit of them he can hold. That's fine. Once I finish paying him back in a few weeks for my part of ds's car, I'm going to attack my car loan. Even with putting $5k aside for Christmas like I do every July/August, I can still have my car paid off by mid-November.

Being realistic, it will probably be more like Christmas or NYD. I'll be diverting our snowball a few weeks for spending money for our Aruba trip in early April and lately we were invited to visit Universal with our BIL/SIL (dh's brother) and their kids. Our nephew is graduating from college not far from Orlando and they all decided to celebrate with a visit to Harry Potter. It's only 3 nts in late April and our flights are free with SW pts. Staying at Royal Pacific and the AP discount is so huge that the AP pays for itself and then some. Our kids will be working and are not joining us this time. Ds18 is really trying to not miss any work, even though it is offered every week by text notification. Some days, I wish my work would text me and tell me I can stay home. Sigh...

Once I pay off my car loan, I'll be paying back dh's slush fund for his half of the $8k we gave to ds18 for the car. That puts us around Feb/March next year. I know it sounds crazy but we gave ds22 $8k toward a car when he was a teen, so I feel it's only fair to do the same for both.

Then to start saving for new bedroom furniture.

What a year of car buying! No more! A post card arrived in the mail today from our local Chevy dealer offering Silverado at 0% for 72 months. I told him don't get any ideas! (He's had like 3 Silverados now.)

For now, no summer vacation plans. I think I'd like to spend a few nights at a B&B in Cape May. Mid-week after Labor Day is quiet and reasonably priced.

Sorry to ramble so much. I really need to post more often so it's not such a lengthy book.

Last edited:
@pblack ShopDisney never sent my waffle maker or updated status. I waited 3.5 weeks (we were at WDW the past 10 days, so I was ok with waiting) and sent them an email last night. Today they responded that the waffle maker was cancelled due to it being OOS! Jeez, were they never going to mention that fact?! Under my order history it still shows as shipping in 2-3 weeks like it did before. Boo. I should have ate more Mickey waffles while at Disney!

I've had this dang wafflemaker open in a tab THIS WHOLE TIME lol. I refresh it everyday :upsidedow

Spoke the agent today and they are offering me one month's car payment, and a 3 year maintenance package.

That is awesome! I was talking to DH about your situation and mentioned the compensations offers. When I listed them out, he instantly said that he would take the maintenance plan over anything else. You will love not having to worry about paying for regular maintenance over the next 3 years. Such a nice thing for piece of mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter