Debt Dumpers 2022

Plan on having another big garden this summer. Still have some vegetables in freezer but about out of pickles and salsa. Have whole beef in the freezer, an entire hog in pork chops and sausage, and at least 30 lbs of chicken breast and leg quarters. I also try to keep stocked with pantry staples and shop sales fort those items.

Yes! I started my seeds for a few things last week so they'll be ready to transplant soon. I got a couple books and a starter kit for canning for Christmas so I'm looking forward to trying my hand at pickles, green beans, salsas, and tomato based sauces (spaghetti and pizza).

Soooo... a neighbor said she was looking to hire a full time, work from home position. Monday-Friday 8-5.
I have zero exipierence but she said it wasn't a problem and could work with it. It would be a minimum $5,000 more a year.

I've never been too bold when it comes to jobs. The one I have now is safe, it's in food distribution for Walmart. It isn't going anywhere and I make okay money at it. I just don't always get my hours and there's literally no room for growth in that building. But y'all, I took a chance and applied. So fingers crossed it works out.

Soooo... a neighbor said she was looking to hire a full time, work from home position. Monday-Friday 8-5.
I have zero exipierence but she said it wasn't a problem and could work with it. It would be a minimum $5,000 more a year.

I've never been too bold when it comes to jobs. The one I have now is safe, it's in food distribution for Walmart. It isn't going anywhere and I make okay money at it. I just don't always get my hours and there's literally no room for growth in that building. But y'all, I took a chance and applied. So fingers crossed it works out.
It can't hurt to find out about it. As long as you don't burn your bridges with Walmart, you could always return if it doesn't work out with the job your neighbor offered. Most employers are having a hard time filling jobs so chances are good it will still be available a few weeks later. Of course nothing is guaranteed. I don't know anything about working from home with young children in the house but it sounds like it would be challenging for me. Then again, working from home would be challenging for me even without children home. lol. I am too easily distracted by what needs to be done around the house.

A lot of companies will require there to still be childcare when working from home. So something to consider when choosing a remote job.

Me too. Sitting at a desk all day, 0 mins commute instead of 45 mins each way.
That's how long mine and hubby's commute is now (so one of us is driving that far 7 days a week). The money saved on gas is worth it too.

I have an interview for it Wednesday! I wasn't nervous until just now, but now I'm definitely nervous. If it works out, we decided I'm going to schedule off every Monday for a month or so (which I can), and keep my warehouse job for some extra bulk money. We're planning to move at the end of the year and all that money can go directly to the house fund.

That's how long mine and hubby's commute is now (so one of us is driving that far 7 days a week). The money saved on gas is worth it too.

I have an interview for it Wednesday! I wasn't nervous until just now, but now I'm definitely nervous. If it works out, we decided I'm going to schedule off every Monday for a month or so (which I can), and keep my warehouse job for some extra bulk money. We're planning to move at the end of the year and all that money can go directly to the house fund.
Good luck!!!

A lot of companies will require there to still be childcare when working from home. So something to consider when choosing a remote job.

I don't think they can legally require this since they aren't supposed to ask you whether you have children at all during the hiring process. That could easily lead to a discrimination lawsuit as it would mostly impact women. They might want you to have it but how could they ever ask for proof?

Good luck with your interview!

I don't think they can legally require this since they aren't supposed to ask you whether you have children at all during the hiring process. That could easily lead to a discrimination lawsuit as it would mostly impact women. They might want you to have it but how could they ever ask for proof?

They can legally require it. It’s not discrimination from a legal sense unless they ONLY require it from women.

They can legally require it. It’s not discrimination from a legal sense unless they ONLY require it from women.
Where I am they're not allowed to ask if you have kids, which means they can't require proof of child care. It's considered a roundabout way of asking if you have kids. Not that pesky legalities stop some employers from asking anyway...

Hope everyone is ok!!!
We are; thank you ❤️

Unfortunately, I didn’t realize until just now that my Explorer is a unibody; I thought it was a traditional frame. Even though the rear and front passenger doors don’t shut without some lifting and force right now, I’m really, really hoping they don’t total my car. I don’t want to buy a car right now with these crazy prices.

Jumping on the bandwagon really late in the year because I finally decided to get serious about dumping the debt. Last year I had paid just about all CC debt off and then bam a series of awful events occurred. Now I rolled everything into a 0% card. It's amazing how fast it goes off without the interest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter