Dec 08 Waitlist thread

Booked at SSR from 18th-24th December.Would like AKLV,WLV,BW OR BC in that order.Have to wait till 7 month window in may to go on the waitlist.I need loadsssssss of pixie dust:lovestruc .Fingers crossed.

Booked at SSR from 18th-24th December.Would like AKLV,WLV,BW OR BC in that order.Have to wait till 7 month window in may to go on the waitlist.I need loadsssssss of pixie dust:lovestruc .Fingers crossed.

Will you waitlist the whole vacation or do day by day?
Just curious as i may be doing this myself next year.:)

We're on the waitlist for 2nd Dec, VWL, went on just over the 11 month window.

If it doesn't come through will see what is available at the 7 month window.

I'm watching this list with great interest. I have passed ROFR on a Boardwalk contract and am awaiting closing. Because the current owners have an April trip planned we cannot close before April 20th.

I'm hoping to close and have my points in the system in time to book my first trip home before the 7 month window opens up. I am hoping for a studio any view for Dec. 7 - 11.

If there is no availability at my home resort I will try for BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR, OKW in that order. It looks like AKV may be the toughest one to book.

I've always wanted to go to Disney when the Christmas decorations are up and am really looking forward to spending my very first time at my home resort at this very magical time of year. So here's hoping I get my points before Dec. 7th when the 7 month window opens and that I am able to book a studio at BWV.

Do any of you make a cash reservation for your days on the waitlist. Right now I am waitlisted for 12/28-1/1 in a studio at BCV. I did make a cash reservation for each night just in case. Is that a good thing to do? Is MS able to tell you have a cash reservation and then pass you up on the waitlist?

Do any of you make a cash reservation for your days on the waitlist. Right now I am waitlisted for 12/28-1/1 in a studio at BCV. I did make a cash reservation for each night just in case. Is that a good thing to do? Is MS able to tell you have a cash reservation and then pass you up on the waitlist?

I personally have not....I'm still hopful the waitlist will come through for me. Not to mention, DH would not allow us to pay cash for a room at WDW after we've put all this money down on DVC.

I have had cash reservations as a back-up for waitlisted nights in the past. We have always gotten the waitlisted nights, so they must not pass you over just because you have a back-up reservation. -- Suzanne

Will you waitlist the whole vacation or do day by day?
Just curious as i may be doing this myself next year.:)

I am renting the points off a fellow uk DISer and she is brilliant at organising.As we are only there for 6 nights she will probably do it for the duration.I will leave it with her.She knows how much we want to stay at AKLV OR WLV so I am sure she will do her best.

I haven't yet. I plan (hope) to wait until the 7 month mark and if I can't book something then, I will either do a cash reservation at a DVC resort or maybe get 1 night in a moderate resort.

We did make cash reservations for the waitlist nights. They do not charge anything to your card and if a room comes off of the waitlist they can set it up to automatically cancel the cash room. I wanted to secure the cash discount in case I did have to pay cash for a night or two. I was able to book the front end and back end of my vacation with a wait list for Mon-Thur night. I know these are the hardest to get b/c of the cheaper points but I am hopeful that a couple come through.

Plan on wait listing at 7 months for VWL Nov 30 - Dec 7 for a studio. Will take a few days even. Already have SSR booked just in case.

I did get a one bedroom for Dec 2 but it is standard view. Now I'm just waiting for savannah view. If that doesn't come through, I can live with it.

Still waitlisted....how long will this take :confused3 ? I rush to the computer every morning to see if I got a day and no such luck. It is going to be a long year!

Still waitlisted....how long will this take :confused3 ? I rush to the computer every morning to see if I got a day and no such luck. It is going to be a long year!

Last year we waitlisted for NYE in May and it came through in August. Good Luck:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter