Dec 2023 - Arrive week of 4 Dec or 11 Dec

Chol

Mouseketeer
Hello

I was wondering if it makes any difference to arrive the week after Pop Warner or the week of (i.e. 11 Dec or 4 Dec)? I'd be staying at Universal Portofino or Hardrock first 4 nights, and Disney would be a week at Bay Lake Tower and Saratoga Springs or Animal Kingdom. Flying in from overseas. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Chol

Are you concerned about crowds ? I would think staying at Deluxe Resorts such as Hard Rock & Portifino would not create problem for your trip planning.
I always enjoy those first 2 weekends at Universal Studios because Chip Davis composer, Mannheim Steamroller always returns to perform holiday music . Very popular and love to hear the music from Grinch performed ”live” .
Do you already have your reservations?

Thank you. Yes mainly crowds, however have not travelled during that time period so not sure about the resorts either. I have not yet booked any reservations.

I can’t remember if the POP Warner Activity is basically staying at Universal Resorts but performing at the nearby Convention Center.
Best recommendation would be arriving Sunday after Thanksgiving and leave before POP Warner Week begins.
Prepare for sticker shock for flight and resorts , etc…
Good luck

Thank you. Would need to leave Dec due to our school holidays but it's really minor anyway, just seeing if there was potentially a better option in Dec. But I'd just be happy just going!

Maybe start on Dec 4 at WDW then move over to UO after Pop Warner leaves?

Oops Sorry I was thinking Thanksgiving was that last Thursday this year but it is an early Thanksgiving this year…
First week of December ….sounds good.
BLT and Hard Rock would be awesome but I would be just as happy with POP and Cabana Bay !

Let us know your decision.

Last edited:
Could you tell me what dates the pop warner event is please? We're considering visiting around this time and i'm not sure how many days it lasts . ALso do the teams tend to stay on for extra days after the event has ended? - just in case we need to rethink our hotel. Thanks

I think you are correct.
This article published March 3,2023 is probably the most up to date and helpful Guide :

FA3C47E0-8AB8-4528-B21E-C8684EB25522.png

Dec 2-9 is a Saturday to Saturday so families will probably stay thru Sunday or Monday if not longer . Hope this helps with planning dates .

I would trust the March / ESPN article dates because they are the most current info . available online. December 2023 WDW Guide
Allears.net
I think the rest are outdated and just keep getting rehashed into google.

But if you find a more reliable source please let us know.

WIth Pop Warner and many other tour groups, the main concern is not sharing a resort with them. Dosen't seem like much of a chance with that since your choices are Deluxe.

Do you think this will have a big impact on crowds in the parks at Disney? Was thinking of going during exactly these dates 🤣 was hoping to get in before the Christmas crowds got too heavy; planning on staying Deluxe so the resort side of things I'm not too worried about. But crazy crowds in the park would definitely affect our decision!

Do you think this will have a big impact on crowds in the parks at Disney? Was thinking of going during exactly these dates 🤣 was hoping to get in before the Christmas crowds got too heavy; planning on staying Deluxe so the resort side of things I'm not too worried about. But crazy crowds in the park would definitely affect our decision!
Doesn't seem to have a huge impact on the parks like it does the resort.

I hope not. That’s the week my mom and I are going. I hope it’s not like when we were at the parks April 2022 when all the cheer competitions were going on. So many people making noise at the hotel late at night. So many more people everywhere.

I would trust the March / ESPN article dates because they are the most current info . available online. December 2023 WDW Guide
Allears.net
I think the rest are outdated and just keep getting rehashed into google.

But if you find a more reliable source please let us know.

I went and read the article myself. It's an overall article of Dance Competitions instead of specifically about calendar of events. I have a feeling like the writer simply didn't do her due diligence because there is nothing listed out on Pop Warner's site about the switch back to Disney from Universal.
That and it was a very big deal (drama) in 2022 when Pop Warner made the switch from Disney to Universal.
I would expect the same level of drama (articles) or even more if they made the switch back after only a year.

Hello

I was wondering if it makes any difference to arrive the week after Pop Warner or the week of (i.e. 11 Dec or 4 Dec)? I'd be staying at Universal Portofino or Hardrock first 4 nights, and Disney would be a week at Bay Lake Tower and Saratoga Springs or Animal Kingdom. Flying in from overseas. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Chol
My gut says Dec 4th will probably have lower crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter