Dec 7th - Join as my "Wish" comes true!

Mouseaholic

Earning My Ears
I know this is early - but it's special. I would like to invite everyone to join me on Dec 7th to see "Wishes" - when my wish comes true.

You see, in December a friend was diagnosed with cancer - prognosis was grave. She insisted I go on my "Annual Christmas Pilgrimage" to WDW where I met new friends through this board.

The first night there I saw "Wishes".....it was also Joan's first night of chemo. I was overwhelmed by the power of the show and my only wish that night and all the nights since is to bring Joan to see "Wishes".

This week we made our reservations for Dec 7 - 14th at the Beach Club. I will bring Joan for a week of Magic at the Happiest Place on Earth. It will be a week-long celebration of her triumph.

Our first night we plan on seeing "Wishes" and I would like to invite anyone who is there to join us.

I have learned so much about courage, faith and hope from Joan and with one more stem-cell treatment left, it looks like she is going to win her battle.

Don't believe in your dreams coming true? Join us December 7th to share the Magic of Disney, "Wishes" and meet a truly special lady.

I will keep in touch as time draws closer.

Thank you....Cathyprincess: :wave2:

I'm almost certain I'll be at MVMCP on the 7th, and you can bet I'll be there with you and Joan watching wishes if I do. It would be appropriate, since I was with you when you were watching Wishes for the second or third time in Dec. :)

Looking forward to meeting Joan!

Karen

We'll be there on the 7th -- just received our MVMCP tickets.

Best wishes to Joan. We lost a good friend today. Her chemo was not successful. Fortunately, she made the trip with her grandchildren last year before the diagnosis.

Hi Karen -

I certainly will be happy to have you join me this year. After all, you suffered through my tears of sadness last December while watching Wishes. My April trip to WDW brought tears of hope and by December there will be tears of Joy!

I will keep everyone up to date as time draws closer.

Karen knows where to find me......head of Main Street, left side corner on the circle. I'll be the short blonde, Mickey/Santa hat, lime-green Mickey......lots of tears...happy tears.

Joe, I am so sorry about your friend and a prayer goes to her tonight from me. I am sure you understand why it has been my desire since last December to show Joan all the magic I find at WDW each time I go.

With such wonderful people, she will certainly be overwhelmed.

Thanks everyone.......Cathy
princess: :wave2:

"Remember, we must always believe in our WISHES, for they are the magic in the World. Now, lets all put our hearts together, and make a Wish come true!"

I won't be there until the 10th, but you will certainly be in my thoughts. Please post a full report when you return, I'd love to hear about your special night. Many prayers and good wishes for your friend as well, she's lucky to have you to lean on during such a difficult time.

Any particular place your going to sit for the show. We would love to come join you...best wishes and look forward to seeing you there.

Hello Again everyone!

I am off to Toronto tomorrow for a week and will not checkin here until I return.....though I would leave a note.

The "Cathy Cook Memorial Wishes Spot" is at the head of Main Street ..... on the circle ....... left corner.

I suspect I'll have Joan there pretty early so we can have our location chosen and this also will give us a chance to visit with all the kind folks who will join us.

This is a MVMCP night which is just about my favorite event of the entire year.....and our first night there so I will be having a ball no doubt.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!

Best Wishes,

Cathy
princess: :wave2:

"Remember, we must always believe in our WISHES, for they are the magic in the World. Now, lets all put our hears together and make a Wish come true."

Won't be able to make it on the 7th, (it's my day of work), but I will be thinking of you and your friend. I love Wishes. I'm so glad they came out with the CD so I can listen when I can't make it up to the parks to watch it.

Hi Cathy ! :wave2: I am planning on the 7th as being my MVMCP, too. I will be solo. I will see you there !

Talk to You later ! Good Luck to Joan !

Hello Everyone -

First, let me thank everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers for Joan and myself. Disney people truly are special.

Now - the good news.

I am thrilled to pass along the news that Joan's second stem-cell transplant has been cancelled........yes, she is officially in remission and everyone is thrilled.

At the moment, I cannot pass along congratulations to her, because she is off visiting new grandbabies and doing all the things that had been "put off for better times". There is a lesson there for all of us.

Joan has only been a "day guest" at WDW and I plan to create a week filled with magic for her beginning December 7th.

I look forward to meeting everyone who will be able to join us at MVMCP on December 7th (the day we arrive!).....and will miss those who are with us only in the spirit of good wishes and good thoughts.

Don't believe in Disney magic..........join us December 7th and meet some true life magic!

Claudia - can't wait to see you again! It will be wonderful for you to meet my Joan after all my worry and fear last December.

I will keep in touch and thank you again for everyone's kindness.

Cathy

princess: ::yes::

"Remember we must all believe in our WISHES, for they are the magic in the World. Now, let's all put our hearts together and make a wish come true".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter