• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DECEMBER 2017 DISCOUNTS AND CODE WATCH

Yeah, that is ridiculous. I would be willing to cancel my existing reservation and book a new one to get the discount. I don't even care about that. And as long as we are deluxe, we don't much care where we stay. It's just every time there's a discount, there's no organization. Nobody knows anything and nothing ever works. If you don't want to put out discount, just don't, because this is worse.
I would cancel and hope could book again too but we want a specific hotel. This is beyond frustrating. I can't even check for options since I can't change existing reservation and when I look through the special offers link, when I check availability the offer disappears.

Don't think this will get fixed anytime today. Probably going to have to load something over night, my pure speculation.

Yeah, that is ridiculous. I would be willing to cancel my existing reservation and book a new one to get the discount. I don't even care about that. And as long as we are deluxe, we don't much care where we stay. It's just every time there's a discount, there's no organization. Nobody knows anything and nothing ever works. If you don't want to put out discount, just don't, because this is worse.
I agree. Why would they ever put a discount out? I'm trying to figure out how this helps them. It's not like the promotion was catered toward the values where you are trying to get people to book a vacation when they weren't sure they could afford it. They are discounting rooms that are $1000/night. Most people won't book those. They should be discounting rooms for the average person or don't discount at all. Or call the discount 20% deluxe premium rooms.

It might be adding tickets. When I checked on my iPhone it kept automatically adding tickets. ?

I don't think so because I was looking for one adult. Tickets wouldn't cost that much for one person for three days.

It wouldn't work for me on line...sounds like you're having the same problem I did..which forced me on hold for 50 minutes to get a live body. Sounds like the system is still hosed up. The chat function suggested I try Chrome v.s. Firefox browser, needless to say that didn't help.
LOL. Already tried that and two different computers - an apple and pc

I agree. Why would they ever put a discount out? I'm trying to figure out how this helps them. It's not like the promotion was catered toward the values where you are trying to get people to book a vacation when they weren't sure they could afford it. They are discounting rooms that are $1000/night. Most people won't book those. They should be discounting rooms for the average person or don't discount at all. Or call the discount 20% deluxe premium rooms.
I totally agree. This is aimed at deluxe crowd. So, just give us the minor discount on the rooms and keep us happy.

My guess is they are trying to fill up the expensive rooms that most don't book. I think you're spot on.

I have a current reservation at GF from 12-2 thru 12-9 and it has nothing available for my dates. I tried getting a new reservation and that only gave me AK, WL, SS, and CR with the room only discount.
Not happy tried that chat function and they told me to clear my cookies when I got STITCH!! After that I got into change reservation but there is nothing available at the GF. First time staying there last visit with my family was WL and had no issue getting a discount just crazy. I am going to keep checking. Good luck Everyone!!!

I've never booked a Disney trip without a discount so 10% off would make me happy or throw in a free memory maker lol
same here. Always had 25% or more. Don't know what we will do if no discount at all. Can afford it but don't want to. Ridiculous rack rate amount, IMO.

LOL. Already tried that and two different computers - an apple and pc
I was able to get it to work online. I kept clicking "change reservation" and getting the Stitch error page. Then I'd go back to the reservations page, click "change reservation" and get the same error over and over...finally when I landed on the Stirch error I didn't go back, I just refreshed the error page, and it pulled up the screen for me to change my resevation. Saved $500!

So I saw that my booked room had a 10% discount. Given the errors online, I called. I'm at work, so I kept it on hold in the background checking every so often. Was on hold for just over an hour. The cast member I spoke with seemed to have no idea that there was such a wait.

She struggled tremendously with the website on her end. Kept apologizing. Ten minutes later, apologized for no availability. I was expecting that TBH, but it was worth a shot.

The inconsistency and poor quality experience of the website and online information/systems is really an issue.

It might be worth keeping an eye on this for the next few months to see if spots open, for everyone who failed to get one. I imagine an even more limited Annual Passholder discount will show up in a month or so.

I've been weighing a membership, and the poor customer service experiences are definitely making me hesitate. I'm not upset with any of the cast-members, or the lack of a discount- more the seemingly inability to provide consistent information across the board, the outsourcing of their services to people who are not informed enough, and the blatant lack of investment in their website. The app is great, but they can't rely on that to carry them.

Every time I have called that line I have waited a minimum of 40 minutes, and a maximum of an hour and a half. That's pretty bad when most places at least have a call back system now to prevent customers from sitting on the phone, or a reliable website to use instead. Disney has neither. I'm new to all of this, and I got my head chewed off when I asked how their customer service was before visiting in a thread last year- but honestly, I am not impressed. They are letting their consumers AND their employees down by not keeping up.

To be clear, I'm not upset about the extremely limited discount-the castmember said it was- and I agree that is disappointing to many people, but I understand it. Discounts are created to fill empty rooms, not necessarily to keep existing customers happy or to be applied to previously booked rooms. When that happens, it's a bonus. I think Disney is elevating prices and restricting discounts intentionally- they wouldn't do it if they couldn't get the customers.

What I'm upset about is the poor management, poor training, lack of consistency, poor follow-through, and poor to limited application of modern technology. Beyond that, the company does not seem to hold itself accountable for any of it, because there's always the next guy with a fistful of dollars. It is disappointing. I know the company did not start off like that- I think it has been a gradual decline over time. If they want to be equipped to handle the audience that their new Star Wars parks will draw, they need to step up their game.

So I saw that my booked room had a 10% discount. Given the errors online, I called. I'm at work, so I kept it on hold in the background checking every so often. Was on hold for just over an hour. The cast member I spoke with seemed to have no idea that there was such a wait.

She struggled tremendously with the website on her end. Kept apologizing. Ten minutes later, apologized for no availability. I was expecting that TBH, but it was worth a shot.

The inconsistency and poor quality experience of the website and online information/systems is really an issue.

It might be worth keeping an eye on this for the next few months to see if spots open, for everyone who failed to get one. I imagine an even more limited Annual Passholder discount will show up in a month or so.

I've been weighing a membership, and the poor customer service experiences are definitely making me hesitate. I'm not upset with any of the cast-members, or the lack of a discount- more the seemingly inability to provide consistent information across the board, the outsourcing of their services to people who are not informed enough, and the blatant lack of investment in their website. The app is great, but they can't rely on that to carry them.

Every time I have called that line I have waited a minimum of 40 minutes, and a maximum of an hour and a half. That's pretty bad when most places at least have a call back system now to prevent customers from sitting on the phone, or a reliable website to use instead. Disney has neither. I'm new to all of this, and I got my head chewed off when I asked how their customer service was before visiting in a thread last year- but honestly, I am not impressed. They are letting their consumers AND their employees down by not keeping up.

To be clear, I'm not upset about the extremely limited discount-the castmember said it was- and I agree that is disappointing to many people, but I understand it. Discounts are created to fill empty rooms, not necessarily to keep existing customers happy or to be applied to previously booked rooms. When that happens, it's a bonus. I think Disney is elevating prices and restricting discounts intentionally- they wouldn't do it if they couldn't get the customers.

What I'm upset about is the poor management, poor training, lack of consistency, poor follow-through, and poor to limited application of modern technology. Beyond that, the company does not seem to hold itself accountable for any of it, because there's always the next guy with a fistful of dollars. It is disappointing. I know the company did not start off like that- I think it has been a gradual decline over time. If they want to be equipped to handle the audience that their new Star Wars parks will draw, they need to step up their game.
When I first booked I had called about different things and three times they couldn't find my reservation. The cm always said she fixed the problem but then I'd call again and same issue. All had different excuses. I was once on hold for 1 1/2 hours as a cm tried to figure out how to put my visa reward card number into the system to pay for my trip. Had to talk to head manager and customer service. It was a simple error on her part. 1 1/2 hours!

What discount? I don't even see anything for any of the monorail resorts lol? I keep calling and there is a 60 min wait. what the....

I'm 30min in holding/waiting, so we'll see what happens. Not sure how much confidence I have at this point, but it's worth a shot. I'll chime back in when I find out.

waited over 1 hour on hold my reservation 12/9/17 thru 12/14/17 a 1 bedroom at CCV no discount for me all that was available was studios and 2 bedroom @ CCV everything else (other resorts) was very very limited

Dec 1-7, booked rack rate WL, nothing anywhere except super expensive per night like over $1000 ... we were set on switching to the Gf... debating actually cancelling it completely and going in February....and our trip is paid off that we are sick of not getting a discount

Dec 1-7, booked rack rate WL, nothing anywhere except super expensive per night like over $1000 ... we were set on switching to the Gf... debating actually cancelling it completely and going in February....and our trip is paid off that we are sick of not getting a discount
I just booked cooper creek without a discount too, but will probably cancel. I just refuse to pay rack rate at wdw.

Last edited:
So we had enough SPG points for 3 nights at Dolphin. Still need 1 more night, Dec 10, before our 5 nights at SSR. Lot of availability for that night. Wondering if/when these prices will show up on orbitz/cheaptickets?

Waited an hour on hold - no discounts available at any value resorts for my week in December. I wasn't counting on a discount, but 10% off would have been nice. She said to keep checking back, is that even worth trying?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter