December 2021

Our 60 days begins next week but we have no ADRs to make. We rarely do ADRs for the last few trips. The only thing I want is the after dessert party and maybe a cabana for a day of our BCV stay (we did a cabana at GF during our May trip and it was amazing).

I got Ohana this morning!!!

Nothing came up again, I have been trying off and on through the last 24 hours. Then I tried a common suggestion I have seen on this board, and put in four people instead of three - and then several time slots available. So it worked!!

Now if HDDR and/or 1900 PF would open, we would be golden!

Good luck to anyone who’s 60 days is this weekend!
As a solo diner, I don’t even bother searching for singles, I always default to 2 people. For my birthday trip last March, I actually grabbed a 4 at Beaches & Cream because it was all I could get on my birthday. I just did the mobile check-in and told them the true number of guests and it worked out great because there was a pair of people that wanted to up their res to a 5 so we essentially switched reserved tables.

As a solo diner, I don’t even bother searching for singles, I always default to 2 people. For my birthday trip last March, I actually grabbed a 4 at Beaches & Cream because it was all I could get on my birthday. I just did the mobile check-in and told them the true number of guests and it worked out great because there was a pair of people that wanted to up their res to a 5 so we essentially switched reserved tables.

I have seen where people have shared the tip before, but in all honesty - I didn't think of it initially.

While I was checking my connection was lost - when I got back in I saw several times available. I was excited, until I went to book one and realized it had defaulted back to 2 diners at some point. Anyhow, I'm thankful for the connection glitch though - as that was when I remembered reading about the tip on here before. So, I when logged back in - I made sure to update it to a reservation for 4 - and it worked like a charm. :love:

Today is our 60 day!
Got everything for our first part of trip except space 220, might try for lounge wait list though. Not end of the world and got our second choice for that day.
11/1 is 60 days for second part but only have 1 to make for then.

Don’t know what’s going on but Ohana’s has available dinner times for most nights the 1st week of Decembe. I was just able to book dinner for 12/2 and 12/6. I saw times available for the the 2nd and 4 th as well.

Who else is up waiting for 6, or whatever time it will be? I’m in CA so I haven’t gone to bed yet. 😭

Who else is up waiting for 6, or whatever time it will be? I’m in CA so I haven’t gone to bed yet. 😭
I am up waiting for 6:00am.......

Good luck ya'll!!
Pixie dust GIF - Find on GIFER

Got a lot of what I wanted. Le Cellier and Ohana weren't ideal times and Space 220 wasn't available, but I wasn't surprised on any of those.

Is anyone still trying for a dessert party? Is there any way to be notified of when they become available? It doesn't look like there are any reservation finders that do that. Am I missing one?

I hope everyone else had good luck!

Woohoo!! I was able to rebook my same Southwest flights for $155 less than their original cost with their winter sale this morning!

Don’t know what’s going on but Ohana’s has available dinner times for most nights the 1st week of Decembe. I was just able to book dinner for 12/2 and 12/6. I saw times available for the the 2nd and 4 th as well.
Dang. I've been trying for the 3rd for almost a month now.

Well, here we go again. Excited to join the December crew. We’ll be at PORFQ 12/19-12/22! Short trip but have planned:
  • Quick stop at “other park” to see how wizards spend the holidays
  • Day at HS (our favorite at Christmas)
  • MK After Hours
  • Cirque du Soleil - Drawn to Life

After 2 years of booking/cancelling/rebooking at least 4 times... I've lost track, it looks like we will actually be going this December. Split stay Boardwalk and Old Key West.
We are so excited... we usually go multiple times a year and haven't been in almost two years. Never stayed at Boardwalk and we love Old Key West for it's laid back vibe.
We think we are going to try some new things to us this trip... like maybe some of the bars and lounges. Maybe some golf. The things we really love about the parks aren't back yet, so we are going to treat this vacation a little differently.

Has anyone seen any events for NYE yet? I haven’t seen anything like dessert parties available yet and it’s almost 60 days away.

FYI the dessert parties for December 26-Jan 2 are no longer grayed out, but no one anywhere I'm watching got one, so I'm hoping they still haven't released them despite this.

If anyone wants to coordinate texting each other when they come out, private message me.

Joining the December group! We weren't planning on taking a third Disney trip this year, we hit WDW for my 40th in January and Disneyland in August, but we happened to find a good deal on flights to use our Delta points to fly out Sunday before Christmas and fly home Christmas night, leaving at 6pm, so we thought that was late enough that it wouldn't feel weird flying on Christmas day.

We're staying offsite at the Clarion just south of Animal Kingdom using Choice rewards points. And I'm hoping to be able to use other rewards points for tickets if I can swing it correctly with 3rd party booking. Planning to do 1 day at each park, but trying to decide if we want to do MK party or regular day.

We started planning after ADRs were released, but we weren't planning to do too much with that, however I did luck out with a Candlelight package for the 23rd and a Christmas lunch at Tiffins.

Anyway, look forward to hearing everyone's adventures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter