December 2021

Going 18-22 with hoppers. What’s everyone thinking about G+ and ILL? Will they be useful or will it still be a cluster? LOL
Im doing G+, but our park days will be 23-25 and 1 day sometime earlier in the week. We'll spend most of our time enjoying shows and other things and just do rides when we get a pass for them. Im sure lines will be long that week, but we're just going to get away and have some fun and do things we haven't done before.

Going 18-22 with hoppers. What’s everyone thinking about G+ and ILL? Will they be useful or will it still be a cluster? LOL

At this time we are planning on just using G+ for MK. We have two days at each park so figure we will hit everything at the other parks.
Will decide day of if we want to do ILL$

Third time is the charm for us, I hope. I have cancelled two trips this year and it looks like December 3rd-13th at the Contemporary is, at last, a go. We actually leave in 4 weeks (eeeek!) and will be spending the day of the 3rd at Kennedy Space Center, with our days in the parks beginning the 4th. It's my SO's birthday week, it's his first visit, and we are beyond excited.

Edited: I actually came here to post that I waited 2 hours today and all the FW Carriage rides are booked for the week after Christmas. FYI :(

We are going the week after Christmas. I'm sure it will be a total cluster. I think we will use it for the rides we really want, but we'll only expect to be able to ride a couple with G+ and will only buy it if we are ok with that. We aren't expecting to get on many rides in general so anything will be a bonus.
My goals involve mostly food and lights. Lol.

Edited: I actually came here to post that I waited 2 hours today and all the FW Carriage rides are booked for the week after Christmas. FYI :(

We are going the week after Christmas. I'm sure it will be a total cluster. I think we will use it for the rides we really want, but we'll only expect to be able to ride a couple with G+ and will only buy it if we are ok with that. We aren't expecting to get on many rides in general so anything will be a bonus.
My goals involve mostly food and lights. Lol.

THIS !!!

28 days! Usually the countdown seems to slow down the closer it gets but this time it feels like it is speeding up. I definitely thought the DDP would have been back for this trip but I am happy to dine differently and take advantage of our discounts and cheaper TS restaurants.

Hi -- we're headed down for a very quick trip the first weekend of Dec. It's our first "covid era" trip (though we were there on 3/12-14/2020). We skipped having anyone for thanksgiving last year (we're empty nesters) and are looking forward to having our immediate family with us for Thanksgiving. That's exactly 1 week before we head to WDW. In the off chance, horrible scenario that one of us contracts covid, will Disney at least move our funds towards another trip? Does it depend on what kind of reservation this is? We've got a room only, a 1 day hopper (left over from the March '20 trip) and the Merriest AH tickets (we're holding off on an additional 1 day ticket until we know the forecast better).

We're exactly at the threshold of our original vax's losing most of their protection and haven't had booster #3 yet. Unfortunately, we will have 1 unvaxxed person at our thanksgiving dinner table potentially. I wasn't really worrying much about our trip finally (cases here are good so air travel isn't as daunting) and I just realized the timing of the holiday before we travel. Ugh.

Got an email notification from TP today that the park hours have changed for the days will be visiting in early Dec. MK was staying open an extra hour, EP was opening an hour early, and AK was opening an hour early, IIRC. You might want to recheck your dates to see if times have changed.

Got an email notification from TP today that the park hours have changed for the days will be visiting in early Dec. MK was staying open an extra hour, EP was opening an hour early, and AK was opening an hour early, IIRC. You might want to recheck your dates to see if times have changed.
TP have updated the Lines app too, so that LL times and BGs can be added.

What is the best dinning alert? I really want the fireworks package for NYE at Epcot. Thanks!

ETA: I’m going with mouse watcher. Hoping it works.

Last edited:
What is the best dinning alert? I really want the fireworks package for NYE at Epcot. Thanks!

I used TP and got a Topolinos alert at 4:45pm the other day for breakfast on Christmas morning. Was able to head into MDE and grab the reservation. Not saying it's the best, just a success story. 😄. If you're doing free alerts, I think you could set up 2 alerts for each and see which ones come through. Good luck!

Where have you seen they are doing a dining package for NYE fireworks ???

I used TP and got a Topolinos alert at 4:45pm the other day for breakfast on Christmas morning. Was able to head into MDE and grab the reservation. Not saying it's the best, just a success story. 😄. If you're doing free alerts, I think you could set up 2 alerts for each and see which ones come through. Good luck!
I’m doing all the free alerts too, lol. Most do not have the fireworks dining event listed so I subscribed to an alert plan for a month that did have the Epcot fireworks dinner event.

Where have you seen they are doing a dining package for NYE fireworks ???
It’s Spice Road Table and Rose and Crown at Epcot. They have not released the NYE reservations yet. They are grayed out when you click on the 31st. I had a dining alert set for when they become available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter