Decorate a stranger's stroller?

We were pixie dusted at WDW by a little girl who gave my DS4 a small stuffed Yeti. Her dad explained that she likes to give other children toys and once dad explained my son graciously accepted and said Thank You. Sometimes getting pixie dusted does not have to be anonymous. So I would suggest pixie dusting in person. It was nice for my son to be able to Thank her for her generosity.

I wasn't sure where to post this so I thought the Family thread would be best.

Would it be totally crazy to decorate a stranger's stroller, just for fun?

I've heard of people getting "pixie dust" and having CMs decorate their strollers. This never happened to us when we had small children but we would have LOVED it. My thought was that my kids, DH and I could buy some Disney stuff--balloon, small stuffed animal, ears, whatever--and watch for a family to leave their stroller to go to an attraction (this way we would know they weren't coming back soon enough to discover us). Then we could decorate the stroller. I'm talking very superficially--we wouldn't go pawing through its contents or anything--we could probably do the whole thing without actually physically touching the stroller. Then we could sit far back and watch the family discover this "non-pixie dust" in secret.

Is this crazy? Could we get in trouble for this? Would you freak out if you came back to your stroller and found a stranger tying a balloon to the handle?

I've never heard of CMs decorating someone's stroller - why do people think they have the right to mess with someone else's private property? I would not want streamers, balloons, stickers, etc, put on my stroller. And since we tended to leave a few things behind in the stroller (a diaper or two, wipes, facecloth, etc) I'd be thinking you'd be poking through our stuff.

Leave the extravagance of 'pixie dust' to the CMs, and just be kind and friendly to all those around you. That's something that can be lacking at WDW - kind and friendly guests :)

It's a lovely idea but agree, it would have freaked me out slightly if someone had done that to my daughters stroller when she was a toddler.

Probably better with a direct approach to a family having a rest with a hello, smile. If they say hello back and start chatting then you might want to offer them a little extra gift for their kid(s). If they ignore you then move on. Some people will happily chat if they need 10 minutes (welcome distraction). Might take a wee bit longer than stalking approach but you'll find out something about them (first visit, last day, first day, where they come from etc).

I'll be over next October - DD will be 8 and the one dancing and doing ballet leaps down Main Street lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter