Decorating your resort room?

DisneyMommyMichelle said:
Hi all!!!! we did the Wip Board last year!! it was awesome, but tooooo small! we had to clear it out at ourlunch break every day!!! so this year we bought butcher block paper and are going to have it the length of the door so that we have a permanant keep-sake for our scrapbook!!! and this way people can leave messages and such!! each day we would write what park we are going to and such. On the day we went to MNSSHP i had a ghost cut out of paper and stuck him to the door with MNSSHP written on it! people even signed him! it was fabulous!!

I remember that was you that gave me the dry erase board idea! Thanks! You have alot of great ideas. Were you ever weary of leaving the marker outside of the door? I am a little bit nervous of someone doing something bad with it. Also, I am nervous that noone will ever sign it!

princess: DD (5)

Leaving in 18 days!!!

razamataz said:
I would have never even thought to "Disney-fy" my hotel room. I may have to "borrow" a few of these ideas.

Just a quick question: Does Home Depot give you the Mickey Heads or do you have to buy them?

Thanks razamataz

see my tag.
i earned it

i have about 400 mickey heads now.

I remember that was you that gave me the dry erase board idea! Thanks! You have alot of great ideas. Were you ever weary of leaving the marker outside of the door? I am a little bit nervous of someone doing something bad with it. Also, I am nervous that noone will ever sign it

Hi there!!! we were afraid that no one would sign, but we didn't even come close to having that problem!!! we packed the wipe board in our carryon (since we did the DME) and we put it up before we even opened up our room!!! :banana: After we put the carry on in our room and freshened up a bit (only like 15minutes) we had 2 messages already!!!!

As far as the marker, we didn't think twice about it. we didn't get any wierd or bad messages at all!! it was fabulous!!!

Have fun and let us know what you do to decorate your window!!!

Leaving in 18 days!!!

SOOOO lucky!!! i wish i was going so soon!!!!

ooo one more thing we did last year, DH just reminded me!! we only did it once, but this year we are going to have it out the whole week!!

We bought a cheap-o punkin (pumpkin) trick-or-treat basket (.99 at Wal-Mart) and filled it with candy and left it on our door handle!! people left us messages about the treats!!! we left it out the day we went to MNSSHP.

We figured if someone steals the basket oh well, if THAT really makes them happy it only cost us .99 and if not it would be a nice surprise for people :)

LuluLovesDisney said:
That's what I was going to suggest! :goodvibes

I laminate everything! I'm a teacher and I literally spent hundreds of dollars on posters only to have them graffitied. :furious: I started laminating and it's very difficult to do permanent damage. Even sharpie ink can be removed with nail polish remover.

You can also get magnetic paper at Walmart (or similar store) and make a custom sign with your names and the date on it and hang that on your door. I've seen some DISers make beautiful ones!

I'm not at all crafty, but this is a really good idea. Have there been photos of examples posted on the DIS?

the problem with covering the entire door with writeable paper is vandalism and blowing rain.

that is the only reason i switched from sheets of paper to mickey heads.

it would be a shame for some idiot to write a bad word in the middle of your sheet, or have a blowing rain satuate it.

using the mickey heads on the outside of the door, works out fine for me.
if someone writes a bad word on it, they are rushing, they cant do that to every head i have taped up.

also, blowing rain, i can dry out the small heads.

i do like your idea of the butcher paper/covering paper, but for me, i like the mickey heads. easy to put up, easy to store.

i hope all of you have a great trip at the mother land. :teeth:

These are all such great ideas!!

I never would have thought to decorate my room/window/door. Now I need to think of something creative to do. :hyper:

Problem is I have zero creativity. :rolleyes:
Too bad no one has any pics of their decorated rooms or windows. Then I could just copy them! :stir: :lmao:

I will be at the CSR with the ladies only trip from 9/28 thru 10/02. So I have time to start planning. :teeth:

Keep the awesome ideas coming. :thumbsup2

my little sister stocks up on soo many baby dolls in disney- of course, when we leave for the parks, she leaves her menagerie at the hotel, and believe it or not, the maids pose the toys in silly situations- like, one day, they were waiting for us when we got back, another time, they seemed to be eating at the hotel table- umm- they've been cuddled together in the hotal bed- it's adoreable!!

Just got back from Home Depot and Snagged 45 mickey heads! woohoo!! let the collecting begin!!

I'm too excited!!

i'm thinking of getting some cute ribbon at Archivers (scrap booking store) and then putting holes in the heads of the mickeys and stringing them together to make some sort of garland for either the window or the door :)

:banana:

Hi there!!! we were afraid that no one would sign, but we didn't even come close to having that problem!!! we packed the wipe board in our carryon (since we did the DME) and we put it up before we even opened up our room!!! :banana: After we put the carry on in our room and freshened up a bit (only like 15minutes) we had 2 messages already!!!!

As far as the marker, we didn't think twice about it. we didn't get any wierd or bad messages at all!! it was fabulous!!!

Have fun and let us know what you do to decorate your window!

How did you mount your wipe board?

princess: DD (5)

Just got back from Home Depot and Snagged 45 mickey heads! woohoo!! let the collecting begin!!

I'm too excited!!

i'm thinking of getting some cute ribbon at Archivers (scrap booking store) and then putting holes in the heads of the mickeys and stringing them together to make some sort of garland for either the window or the door :)

:banana:
:cool1: :woohoo:
I need to get busy with my collecting. :teeth:

Do I need to wear a ski-mask when I visit the paint department? hehehehehe :cool1:

Oh, I'm trying to think of how I could decorate my window now. (we are doing a suprise visit for my birthday) so I gotta do something fun.. Hum....? :p

How did you mount your wipe board?

We bought one at Wal-Mart for like 3$ and it had magnets that came with it!! we also bought additional magnet roll (sold at walmart in a roll with sticky backs) to make it sturdier :)

We are going for my DD's 7th birthday party: in Sept. We are going to really decorate the room good for her so I am enjoying reading everyones ideas.

i do have to think of some good disguises for Home Depot! haha...
Anyone on these boards work at a HD?? that would be interesting! maybe i will get a PT job there just for the Mickey heads!!!!!!

COOOL! a birthday window! that will be sooo fun!!!! some fun lights for the window are a MUST!!!

oooo a happy birthday banner for the door!!!
Party hats and those blower things for the ledge of the window...
and confetti and such for the top of the window dangling down!!!!

....some fun lights for the window are a MUST!!!

HUM... Yes. I need to find some festive Disney lights... or birthday lights. I guess I need to visit our gags/gift store?!

LOL This so funny because the planning for our ladies-only trip was just starting to wind down. Most of the plans had been made and it was just the long wait left.
Now we have something to keep us busy: collecting Mickey heads and planning how to decorate our rooms. :woohoo:

We will have ladies at POP and at CSR so there will hopefully be lots of decorated windows and doors. :thumbsup2 :cool1:

Just got back from Home Depot and Snagged 45 mickey heads! woohoo!! let the collecting begin!
Oops, typo! You accidentally typed "snagged" when you meant to type "swiped" LOL
pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter