DelaWHERE -- First Staters Sound Off

Hi MInMouse, Paul here. There all at Disney. :rotfl2:

Welcome to these boards. We've been DVC members since 2002 at BWV. Where do you own or are you thinking of buying?

I'm su :thumbsup2 re others will post on soon, we 've done this a couple times before.

Hey Paul! New to the boards been a DVC member since 2003 when we bought our first BWV points; bought more in 2004 and just added on at SSR. Glad to see there are other Delawareans out there!

HI!! Another Delawarean here!! Not a DVC member....yet. But, I'm in the data-gathering phase. Probably won't actually buy until Jan/Feb of '07 since we won't be going back until Feb '08. Hoping to take yearly vacations down to WDW every year after that. But, it sure is hard to wait so long. I pass the time by reading about everyone else's trips and all the rumors. :) I wish I could talk dh into buying soon and going back in Feb '07, but he is adamant that he doesn't want to take an infant (baby will only be about 5 mos). He doesn't want to go back until the youngest is a toddler. Our first trip to WDW was in late January '01 and we loved the weather so much during that time frame. We were just too hot on our recent trip in April. So, we've settled on Feb being our target-time for trips in the future.

Anyway, it's good to see other Delawareans here! We are in Smyrna. We lived in Wilmington for 6 yrs prior to moving here 2 yrs ago.

Bridget

I'm a native Delawarean - does that count? Moved to Texas 24 yrs ago (my dad was involved in the Amoco explosion in New Castle/transferred to Texas), and I'm still here. Still refer to Delaware as home though even though I've been in Texas longer. All of our family is still up there. We bought at BWV in 2000 and added on at OKW in 2003. Just got back four days ago!

:goodvibes I live in Wilmington also....I was born here, went to school here and then lived in Virginia for 8 years before I moved back!

We don't own DVC (yet) but I've rented points and have a friend who is doing a great job of convincing me to look into it. :surfweb:

I'm really interested in AKL...(i'm a vet want to be) and my girls love animals!

Anyway, Delaware is pretty small....maybe we should all start wearing our DIS green and see if we bump into each other! ;)

PS. Would love some DVC buying advice.....

Hey, we could all get together for a Delawarean DVC Party at the Deerpark!

...or, the Blue Coat Inn if ya want to have it in Dover.

(Personally, I like the Deerpark idea though...)

(Wow...I just checked the dates of the original posts in this thread. Is anybody there....?)

Hi all we are here in Newark in the Glasgow area the Deer Park sounds great but after U of D lets out to crowded. We own @ SSR and love it.

Another family from Delaware checking in... :wave2:
We are sitting in a one bedroom villa at the Boardwalk right now!
We will go to Jellyrolls and :drinking1 for you guys!

:goodvibes
PS. Would love some DVC buying advice.....

Good Deeds --- Good to hear from you! WE love our DVC points. The best advice you will get is to buy where you want to stay especially if you book your trips 7+ months out. If you would be doing mostly last minute bookings the "home resort" booking window won't be of any consequence to you though.

Mindy

The reference to the Deerpark just made me have a flash back!! Native Delawarean now stuck in the the South. Moved to Charlotte, NC last year. I worked for MBNA so it was move or be unempolyed for both DH and I (they closed our division after the sale). I miss Wawa soooo much. And Capriotti's. I need a cheesesteak.

Another Delaware DVC member. Have owned at BWV since '97, added on a resale at OKW, and now AKV. Live in New Castle County. We should organize a DE meet.

I Love WAWA coffee....:thumbsup2 I miss my WAWA coffee when I go on vacation...can't imagine living without it! :rotfl:

I'd be up for a DIS meeting...that would be fun!! :banana: :banana:

The Deer Park sounds good but Stanley's in North Wilmington is a good spot too. I've been a member since 2002 at BCV. Did a little golf trip this January to HH.

Give em' a little bit and I'm sure there will be some from Slower Lower piping in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter