• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Denise's New Focus on Fitness-Friends and Support Welcome!

Hope you had a wonderful time with your DS and family today!:goodvibes

Have a safe and Happy 4th of July weekend!:hug:

Denise I hope you had fun at your son's house! Wednesday's off are a good thing, you certainly deserve to have that midweek break to do something fun!

Hope this week is a good one and that you and Gary had a pleasant 4th of July.:goodvibes

Good morning friends!

I want to share a major accomplishment with you...we spent the day at Hersheypark on Sat. at my DH's company picnic. I'm thrilled to tell you that I was able to navigate the hills and just the general walking better than I have in maybe 10 years. No knee pain at all just some shin and calf soreness from the long day of activity. Having the knee replacement was the absolute best thing I could have done for myself! Now I know I'll be able to handle the Walk for Hope in Sept.

Have a wonderful week!

That is FANTASTIC! I am so happy for you!

Hope you have a great week!

Thanks Julie!

I really feel good about that accomplishment. Now if I can just continue my fitness quest....

Enjoy your week!!!

Denise, I am so happy for you! You went through a lot with that knee replacement and I am so happy you got the results you so deserve!

I hope your week is off to a great start.:goodvibes

A quick update...

Health is good...work is crazy (its an ice cream co.) family is fun. We've been doing lots of weekend stuff and on Wed. too which is my day off.

We're getting ready for our trip to the Outer Banks in NC. We leave very early on Sat. since we have a 7 hour drive. We're really looking forward to some down time! Our group will be our kids and families and my dil's parents. We have a 5 bedroom house which is near the beach and even closer to the sound. I still have 13 hours of work between today and tomorrow but thankfully I have the majority of my things packed. Just need to purchase some books for my reader.

I'll have my laptop with me so that might be a good time to Wish.

Miss ya girls!!!!

Hi Denise! :wave:

I'm so glad to hear all is well!:goodvibes I hope you have a wonderful time with your family in the Outer Banks!:wizard:

Have a nice day today!:hug:

Denise, have a wonderful and safe trip to NC. What fun!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I so envy you that you have places like that a days drive away!

We do have the mountains but they are not really my thing. Going east 7 hours I can be in the middle of lovely Nebraska or Kansas. Lucky me!!;)

Take some pictures and post them, I have the outer banks on my bucket list!

We're back safe and sound from the Outer Banks. When Al Roker and Stephanie Abrams from the Weather Channel showed up we knew it was time to pack our things. A mandatory evac. was issued on Thurs. at 11 but we left before that to beat the traffic. This is the 2nd time we've been evacuated from OBX. The weather was beautiful like the calm before the storm. Please say a prayer for all the year-round residents in OBX and all along the east coast of the US. Irene is going to cause much devastation. We expect to get hit with tropical force winds and torrential rain. Whatever you see on the news re: Phila., that's the same weather we'll be experiencing.

Enjoy your weekend ladies!

Hi Denise, how did you make out with Irene? I am glad you got back safe and sound from the Outer Banks, did you have fun before you had to leave?

Hoping September is off to a good start for you!:goodvibes

Hi Denise! :wave:

How are you doing, my friend? Did you get any of the rain/storms from Irene or Lee?

Hope you have a great day!:hug:

Thanks for checking in my friends!!!!

We did have a nice time in the Outer Banks but all the while we kept thinking about Irene. I feel like I need to go back and finish my vacation. We were pretty lucky with what we had to deal with at home thanks to Irene. Our lower level family room did get a lot of water and we spent the better part of Sunday trying to control the flow and mop it up. I keep reminding myself how fortunate we are compared to other areas like New England who dealt with torrential rain and flooding. This past week we had another storm lingering over the mid-Atlantic which caused horrible conditions out where my daughter lives in Harrisburg. Hershey Park was completely flooded and 2 of the bison at ZooAmerica perished from the flash flooding.

Gary and I have both been sick for about a week and a half. I had a sinus infection (my first ever) and Gary had bronchitis. Its been a crazy couple of weeks!

We spent the weekend at Lauren's babysitting for Scott while they went to a wedding and then we helped them move some of the things in their rooms around to get ready for the new baby.

Now that I'm feeling better and things are slowing down, I plan to get to the gym this week. Bally's offered me a $99.00 per year membership since I was a former member. That's a deal you can't beat and my renewal will be $9.00 a month after the first year. There are 2 clubs in my area-one near work which is pretty basic and the other one is near my Mom's which has a lot more like a pool and indoor track. So between the 2 locations, I have no excuse!

This weekend we're going to a baseball game where my hospital is sponsoring a Cancer Survivor's night. It's a picnic and recognition ceremony with give-aways too. Should be a fun yet emotional time.

Time to get myself organized for the week. This Wed. will be my day. No household stuff or annoying errands. Haven't decided what I'll do but its going to be focused on me. Its been awhile since I've had a day like that.

I'm sorry to hear about the flooding in your home. :( Were you guys able to get it all cleaned up? Was there a lot of damage? Sending lots of good thoughts, prayers, and :wizard: your way.

I hope you and Gary are feeling better now. My kids and I have been sick off and on the past week. Must be some kind of "bug" going around.

Have a great day today and enjoy your day tomorrow!:hug:

Thanks for asking about the flooding Tracy. I would say we got more water than ever this time, but we don't get hurricane conditions very often in our area. We did manage to get it cleaned up in a couple of days. It came from seepage more than flooding.Our family room sits half underground and we must have a high water table here. We tossed the area rugs which were down there and Gary got the first est. for a sump pump. We need to schedule a couple of more plumbers to come out. I want to have all of this mess taken care of before Christmas so we can use that room for the holidays. Its a really large space and its not being utilized at all right now. I'm a bit ticked off because I had all my scrapbooking stuff organized down there and then I had to move it upstairs to the extra bedroom.

Today's plans include an appt. with my primary, a session with a trainer at the gym (new membership 1-time only workout) then a late lunch with a friend. Of course there's the household stuff to take care of too.

I've been wanting to try yoga for a long time but all of the workouts on Comcast have a lot of positions that are done while kneeling and I'm just not able to do that. I was searching amazon last night and I came across a PBS series by Peggy Cappy called Yoga for the Rest of Us. I ordered one of the DVD's so I'm excited to be receiving that in a few days. I plan to use it for my morning stretch. I did some seated yoga classes while on our last cruise and I just loved participating in them!

Well, enough for now. I need to get some stuff accomplished before I go out.

Have a beautiful day!!!!!

I received my yoga DVD's and really like them. They may be a little low key for some, but for stretching and building flexibility they will be just fine! I love the way they are broken down into different segments so you can do as little or much as you like.

I'm off to work today...I am now working full time. My schedule will be from 32-37 hours per week. I need to get my act together so I can schedule my time more wisely. I'm a world class procrastinator and that has to stop. LOL!

Have a great day!

:hug: Denise,

I'm so sorry you guys experienced some flooding in your home. :( How is the family room shaping up?

I'm glad to hear that you like the Yoga DVDs!:goodvibes

Have a nice weekend ahead!:goodvibes

Denise, I am so sorry about the water damage. That stinks and is such a pain to deal with.

I have one of those yoga DVD's and I love it! I got it for the same reason you did and really enjoy them. Not everyone can do those positions.;)

Sounds like you are so busy! And never fear, I am the world class procrastinator I promise!:rotfl:

Thanks for the visit my friends!

Hey guess what? I'm officially planning that WDW trip for March 8-11. Lauren and family will be going down there with Sean's family and they invited us to come along. We're not able to do a whole week, but 4 days will work for us! We found a great condo at Vistana Village where Sean's parents have a time share and the rate is $129.00 per night. Its a no-housekeeping rate for a 1-bed unit which includes a living room, full kitchen, screened porch, whirlpool tub and more. I love staying on property , but this trip will be a little different. We plan to go to MK where we haven't been in about 5 years, and Sea World. This is Scott's first trip and it will be all about him!

I'm so excited!!! I'm looking for airfare which seems a bit high right now so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Have a great weekend girls!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter