DESPICABLE ME MINION MAYHEM UPDATES-Please Post them here

I just watched the DM dvd with the kids in prepartion for our upcoming October trip and we loved it! The Minions are so cute! DD just turned 5 and is tall enough to ride MM but she might be too scared. Is the ride scary at all for little ones?

I just watched the DM dvd with the kids in prepartion for our upcoming October trip and we loved it! The Minions are so cute! DD just turned 5 and is tall enough to ride MM but she might be too scared. Is the ride scary at all for little ones?

Maybe intense, but scary? No. If you dont think she'll like the motion go into a stationary seat.

I haven't read through all 21 pages of this thread, so please excuse me. How are the crowd levels for this ride? Is it something you have to rush to first thing?

I haven't read through all 21 pages of this thread, so please excuse me. How are the crowd levels for this ride? Is it something you have to rush to first thing?

Right now, the ride is the highest priority. Midday waits are normally 40-60 minutes.

So, now that it's mid-october (nearly), do we have any idea what the crowds are like at opening? Is this the best thing to hit first? Do they have it running right away? What kind of wait should we expect and what time should we be at the gate. We're staying offsite -- do onsite people still have an advantage? Thanks!!

I don't know about opening, but I rode it this past Thursday at around 4 pm and the wait was 20 minutes (park closed at 5 pm for HHN).

It was my first time to ride it and I LOVED it! Of course, I loved the movie too :) I do miss the Chicken Dance in Jimmy Neutron though.

I don't know about opening, but I rode it this past Thursday at around 4 pm and the wait was 20 minutes (park closed at 5 pm for HHN).
I got to the Studios around 4pm yesterday for HHN and the wait time was 45 minutes. I guess the Columbus Day holiday had something to do with the crowds. They were certainly at HHN last night. :crazy2:

I went on it twice last week. Definitely worth riding, imo! It's much better than Jimmy Neutron was, and also seemed more smoother too. It's on my must do list for future trips.

When did you ride, what were the wait times like, and did you have FOTL?

We really want to ride this at least once, just need to plan on when as we only have 1 day for both parks this trip.

There is no fotl, but the express line.
If you are staying offsite, arrive at the park early and head to D M.

You might see a short line when you go to that ride as hotel guests get early entry to the studios also.

Anyone can book the character breakfast at LaBamba and receive ee also for that park.

There is no fotl, but the express line.
If you are staying offsite, arrive at the park early and head to D M.

You might see a short line when you go to that ride as hotel guests get early entry to the studios also.

Anyone can book the character breakfast at LaBamba and receive ee also for that park.
I am going again next April with the Family, we will be staying off site for 3 nights and doing the parks 2 days . We will head right to DM, the lines were not long at all last month so as we are going after Easter am hoping for low crowds !!

I went to the parks a cople weeks ago, and at 10 AM (was at IOA for a hour) the ride had a 15 minute wait, but that was mainly because they weren't filling up seats. When I left at 11:45, it was a 50 minute wait, so you'll wanna get here first thing.

When did you ride, what were the wait times like, and did you have FOTL?

We really want to ride this at least once, just need to plan on when as we only have 1 day for both parks this trip.

I stayed on property and had express access, so I didn't have any wait. However, on the day we visited, we had breakfast at Boulangerie around 10 am and as I sat there for about 30 minutes watching, I saw the wait time jump from 15 minutes to 35 minutes.

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like being at gate opening and heading straight to Despicable Me is the plan. Then we can hit the other US rides (Mummy, MIB, E.T., etc.)

Seems the lines have gone down quite a bit for this. Rode first thing in the morning with hardly a wait. Later in the evening the line time said 15 minutes. We ended up only riding it once. IT was cute and fun, but DD prefers riding Mummy over and over and over. :)

Leaving next week :) So excited to ride the new Despicable me attraction! Quick question, I saw in the promo pics around the time the ride opened Gru and the girls characters in the park, are they still there? Do they do m&g or autographs? Thanks :)

in october, there was a mini type of parade.
dancing, music, interactions with the crowds.

it was set up over by Mels/Horror Make Up show during set times in the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter