• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Details from the park January 30 (plus closures and maps)

Wow. I hope it’s not that long for me. Some days I can barely get out of the house. Hopefully my doctor can give me some insights and/or hope on Friday. What a drag this has been. I also wonder if losing 19 pounds in just six days has anything to do with it. I’m thin and didn’t have that kind of weight to spare. I’m still down about 13 pounds.
Talk to your doctor. There wasn't anything mine could do except remind me to keep fluids up, rest, and once I had enough strength back, put me in physical therapy. (A year later, I am still in physical therapy. It helps so much.). Your doctor will also want to watch that blood clots aren't forming from Covid in lungs or other areas.

Glad to hear you only lost weight but didn't lose any of your charisma, as that's hard really hard to gain after you lose it! Stay positive and feel better!
Thank you! That’s very kind of you to say. When you feel terrible, it’s easy to get down on yourself and things like this help to lift my spirits :-).

Covid is a whole other beast to recuperate from for some. I'm an OT working in home health and see more and more struggle with the long covid and the fatigue. Like people have said, stay hydrated, eat good fats (good excuse for guac!) and lots of protein and try to slowly increase your activity daily.

I think this was one of my issues in the first part of my recuperation. I felt better, so I did too much, thinking I just needed to do more. And that set me back.
I took a two-mile walk this morning and so far, so good: I feel fine. I'll continue to be cautious and take things slow but at least it feels like I'm getting better by the day. Still down by about eight pounds but that doesn't particularly bother me.

I took a two-mile walk this morning and so far, so good: I feel fine. I'll continue to be cautious and take things slow but at least it feels like I'm getting better by the day. Still down by about eight pounds but that doesn't particularly bother me.
Hope you have a speedy recovery, Rob! Jillian and I had Covid last year, she had mild symptoms but I have never been so sick in my life. I was tired for awhile after and she lost her sense of smell. Luckily, we have both recovered without any long term affects. We are hoping to visit DL in June - it’s has been way too long. Maybe we can meet up for tea again :)

Hope you have a speedy recovery, Rob!
Thank you! Today was the best day I’ve had since I got sick. Let’s see how I do over the weekend :-). The real test will be how I fare after DL on Sunday.

We are hoping to visit DL in June - it’s been way too long. Maybe we can meet up for tea again :)
Yes, absolutely! Just let me know when :-). I’ll likely be home in Chicago around June 22 through July 8. But otherwise, I should be at the park on any given Sunday :-). Hope you’re both well. Fortunately, I never lost my sense of taste or smell. But a good friend did when she got COVID about 15 months ago (before we had a vaccine) and neither have returned completely yet.

Have a great weekend!

Thank you! Today was the best day I’ve had since I got sick. Let’s see how I do over the weekend :-). The real test will be how I fare after DL on Sunday.

Yes, absolutely! Just let me know when :-). I’ll likely be home in Chicago around June 22 through July 8. But otherwise, I should be at the park on any given Sunday :-). Hope you’re both well. Fortunately, I never lost my sense of taste or smell. But a good friend did when she got COVID about 15 months ago (before we had a vaccine) and neither have returned completely yet.

Have a great weekend!

I always look forward to your posts after your Sunday DL visits :)

Will definitely let you know when we will be in DL once we book our reservations, always enjoy our talks and your insights!

You have a great weekend too!

I think this was one of my issues in the first part of my recuperation. I felt better, so I did too much, thinking I just needed to do more. And that set me back.

If I had a penny for every patient in my career who said "I felt better so I did too much" I would be retired! Don't worry, it's human nature. Covid or not, people always overdo themselves the minute they feel better to try to catch up.

Good questions. I don’t have really have a favorite cruiser, mainly because the quality and accuracy of the associated guns seems to vary regularly. You simply climb in one and hope for the best. As soon as the gun activates, I’ll fire it a few times at a nearby wall to get an idea of how accurate (or inaccurate) it is and adjust my aim accordingly. Immediately after that, I take aim at the triangle on the giant robot’s right hand and hit it at least six times. If the gun is particularly good or if the cruiser is moving slowly, I can sometimes hit it as many as 14 times.

Now: if a target isn’t working (and that’s a relatively common thing, especially with the final triangle in the box opposite Zurg in the second to last room), there’s really nothing you can do. Just accept it and find another. Quickly.

My best piece of advice is not to brother shooting circles or squares. A single triangle is worth 100 squares (100 points vs. 10,000). Squares are only worth 1000. Concentrate on the diamonds and triangles (5,000 and 10,000). Also remember that a lit diamond is worth 10,000 and a lit triangle is worth 50,000. When you’ve got either of those in your sights, shoot them as many times as possible, not just once.

I hope these tips help. Let me/us know how you do against your boss on your upcoming trip.
Update :). I rode astro blasters 9 times today. I had 2 runs that I almost crossed 1 million - 976k and 987k. Frustrating to get that close to "maxing out" the scoreboard and not pulling it off. I did beat my boss today :P. Those are high scores for me. I'm going back for 3 days in May and I WILL get over a million, just you wait... Thanks for the help :). I was never able to really hit that first triangle on any of the rides. Maybe like 1 lucky shot, but that's it. I really made bank on the purple battery off to the left in that first room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter