DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I agree 100%. I received the full refund and fast passes. I was hoping that by sharing my experience, others would be able to receive the same. It is puzzling that they would offer me a refund and not every other person who attended. Honestly it should be automatic and no one should have to ask or beg for compensation. Very strange.

Just a quick update:
A few days ago, I finally carted off an email to Guest Relations for the issue on 11/5. They gave me a call today, and suffice it to say, I'm happy I did send that email. I wasn't demanding or anything, just very detailed about my experience. I didn't ask for a full refund, but I did let them know that I thought 50% was reasonable all in all. Stuff happens, I get it. I'm all good, even happy about it. I'll say this though - if the food was crappy, I'd be much more grumpy. (I'm still pretty surprised at how good the shrimp and chicken strip dishes were.)

Just a quick update:
A few days ago, I finally carted off an email to Guest Relations for the issue on 11/5. They gave me a call today, and suffice it to say, I'm happy I did send that email. I wasn't demanding or anything, just very detailed about my experience. I didn't ask for a full refund, but I did let them know that I thought 50% was reasonable all in all. Stuff happens, I get it. I'm all good, even happy about it. I'll say this though - if the food was crappy, I'd be much more grumpy. (I'm still pretty surprised at how good the shrimp and chicken strip dishes were.)
this is a good approach. I had a horrible mean at Narcoossees a couple of trips ago and it just ate away at me until I finally sent an email. It felt good to just get it off my chest. I actually did not ask for anything, I just wanted someone to say "i'm sorry, that's not ok." They took VERY good care of me for that issue, and even went above and beyond and replaced my son's BB8 magic band that he lost on space mountain on our last day (I mentioned it as an aside and one showed up in the mail a few days later. IME the cast members at the guest communications email are absolutely stellar.

We did this on November 23 and had a great time. We would totally do this again in the future very much worth it. Not a chance is heck I would do the Christmas party again. Total waste of money. Way to crowded.

Wasn't today the first Friday? Curious with Fridays being added so late how it was.

Good question/point! There was one last Friday (11/23), today was the second one. Frankly I kind of forgot about them!

@scjo68 had a pretty glowing report from last Friday: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-faq-discussion.3701980/page-96#post-59985066

My read from the description/what they accomplished was that it was a lower guest count morning than what we’ve generally been seeing, although hard to make the a declarative statement just with one guest’s comments.

But you’re right, these Fridays were just released 11/5 and Disney doesn’t really advertise, so really much much runway for booking at all.

We were there 11/19 also! I remember seeing your family!! It was on AS2, which we also did first thing after being let in to TSL. We’re a mom and kid family (my DD is 7), you might have seen us. We went to meet characters after doing AS2 twice (we should have only gone once as the line for Woody & Jessie was getting long when we jumped in it). After that we went to SDD.

You must have done SDD right around the time we decided to call it quits for that ride. We had been on it twice, both times with a 20 minute wait (actually the second time, I was looking at my photos, it was 19 minutes including the ride time). The line both times was backed up to just underneath the area with the roof. We were happy to do SDD but not to wait in so much of a line so chose to spend the rest of our morning riding AS2 (no wait for that at all). Sounds like maybe the line for SDD wasn’t quite as long when you got there.

I wish we hadn’t encountered such long waits as I’d read others have been able to ride several times with very minimal wait time, but it just wasn’t the case that morning. I was really glad they offered this event! HS wasn’t even on my agenda for this trip as I hadn’t been able to get FP for SDD. So when this event was announced, I was so excited. It was a great morning for us as well even with the long SDD waits, and my DD says she would do it again. So would I!

Oh wow...so funny. I'm sure with the two boys dressed in their PJs it would be somewhat easy to remember us. I am terrible at noticing anybody else. You are probably in my video...or is this you?

upload_2018-11-30_13-3-48.jpeg

I was with my daughter on this one...loved the Christmas music themed for it!

upload_2018-11-30_13-4-14.jpeg

Oh wow...so funny. I'm sure with the two boys dressed in their PJs it would be somewhat easy to remember us. I am terrible at noticing anybody else. You are probably in my video...or is this you?

View attachment 367601

I was with my daughter on this one...loved the Christmas music themed for it!

View attachment 367602
It was the Toy Story pajamas that made me remember! Those were SO cute!! Not me in the photo. I was wearing a turquoise Ariel hoodie that morning. I have shoulder-length blonde hair. My daughter has short pixie hair. Maybe you’ll spot us in your video!

We loved holiday music too! We weren’t expecting it so thought it was really fun.

Noticed this was added to site:

Exclusive Disney Early Morning Magic access to Toy Story Land takes place on select Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 7:30 AM to 8:45 AM. Breakfast will be available until 10:00 AM.

I've been watching to see if they add Fridays for our quick January trip, so now I am slightly more hopeful...slightly...;)

So I was not able to get Woddy and Jesse today at HS so was hoping this plan would work. Ride AS2 then get in line for Woody/Jesse the go to SDD. Do you think that would work out ok?

So I was not able to get Woddy and Jesse today at HS so was hoping this plan would work. Ride AS2 then get in line for Woody/Jesse the go to SDD. Do you think that would work out ok?

With the caveat that exact conditions can vary on any given Disney day, seems like a legit plan to me. Characters seem to be coming out around 7:30am.

I get up every morning looking for April and still nothing .. ;( I’d love to be able to kinda plan our trip a little more but we are banking on this running..

I'm waiting for April as well, but I'm not holding my breath since we need a very specific date and it's a Friday.

I get up every morning looking for April and still nothing .. ;( I’d love to be able to kinda plan our trip a little more but we are banking on this running..

I am also waiting for end of April for both EMM events. I keep thinking that any day now we should see them...

So if a particular EMM only has a 7:00 reservation available, is it safe to assume that there had been a 7:30 slot, but it sold out already? Do we have any sense of how far in advance these sell out (if they do)? We are looking at the EMM during Presidents'/Half Marathon week, which I know will be a busy week.

So if a particular EMM only has a 7:00 reservation available, is it safe to assume that there had been a 7:30 slot, but it sold out already? Do we have any sense of how far in advance these sell out (if they do)? We are looking at the EMM during Presidents'/Half Marathon week, which I know will be a busy week.

Yes, if 7am shows and 7:30am doesn't, the 7:30am time slot is sold out.

I keep an eye on sold out status but it's really too dynamic a situation to really give a definitive answer. People cancel all the time, Disney adds the 7am time slot somewhere along the way, they recently added some Friday dates, etc - just too much stuff going on to have a totally solid answer.

But yes, many to most dates sell out and often well in advance. If important to you, I absolutely would not wait. Better safe than sorry.

11-28 was sold out and did not seem crowded at all to me. But I guess everyone’s expectations vary.

I just saw a report from someone in a Facebook group who says she's just walked in to EMM for free after her PPO ADR. Maybe that increases the crowds if several people are trying that. Sounds like they weren't checking bands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter