Did anybody watch Billy Joel's concert special on CBS today?

I really can't figure out why people who anticipated this concert are complaining about it ending in the middle of Piano Man?

You do realize Billy Joel's sobriquet is Piano Man. That's probably of his most recognized, if not the most recognized song.

Uptown Girl is my favorite Billy Joel song. I was disappointed they didn't include it :(.

What about Peter Noone??? :rockband:
I’m seeing Peter in July! Here’s a picture of Bob and me when we went to Noonefest, in Chicago last year: We won 2nd place in the British Invasion costume contest! We were King Charles III and Queen Camilla! (Better times, since Bob passed away at the end of Jan this year)96561455-DSC_8257 - Copy edited in PSE.jpeg

I’m seeing Peter in July! Here’s a picture of Bob and me when we went to Noonefest, in Chicago last year: We won 2nd place in the British Invasion costume contest! We were King Charles III and Queen Camilla! (Better times, since Bob passed away at the end of Jan this year)View attachment 852353
Very nice, Cindy.

But gee, I'm very sorry to hear if Bob's recent passing. My condolences to you and your family. So very sad. I remember years back when Bob came into your life. You both did a lot. Very sorry, Cindy. God speed for Bob. Good wishes and prayers of comfort for you.

Very nice, Cindy.

But gee, I'm very sorry to hear if Bob's recent passing. My condolences to you and your family. So very sad. I remember years back when Bob came into your life. You both did a lot. Very sorry, Cindy. God speed for Bob. Good wishes and prayers of comfort for you.
Thanks, Dan. Bob had kidney disease and had started dialysis. He had triple bypass surgery and was not able to get back on his feet. Very sad but we had 13 years of wonderful memories. I did take his miniature schnauzer, Howie, in!
(Towncrier and his DW, Sue, and granddaughter, Addison, came to Bob’s viewing hours at the funeral home)
IMG_2299.jpeg

Last edited:
As I said in my previous post I think why Billy Joel decided to have a 100th concert special on CBS was not only to celebrate his 100th concert at Madison Square Garden but because I think Billy is releasing a comeback album later this year because he promoted his new single Turn The Lights Back On during the concert and he does a great job on his new single and the reason I think Billy Joel picked CBS to air his concert special because I also think Billy is gonna make more concerts for CBS and he signed a deal with CBS to do it because CBS is owned by Columbia Television Productions and Billy Joel is a Columbia Records artist. But why this special focused on his hit songs and albums Piano Man The Stranger An Innocent Man and one song from River Of Dreams? What about the Turnstiles album The Nylon Curtain album the 1989 album Storm Front and more songs from the 1986 album The Bridge. I also find it odd that Billy Joel's version of Freddie Scott's Hey Girl wasn't included because that's one song he really pours his heart into. But I sure wish as I mentioned that Why Should I Worry from Oliver And Company would've been included with a clip of Dodger from the movie singing the song. But if you want a wonderful Billy Joel concert check out the DVD Billy Joel At Yankee Stadium where he does a better concert. I think when it comes to singers CBS is the weakest link for concert specials of singers and they should've done more with Billy Joel's 100th concert special because I think they rushed it too soon in my eyes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter