Did you say nose picker or nose peeker? Our April 2021 trip! Update 8/19** complete!

I remember the first time I heard that. I was so surprised! Literally LOL'd
I did too, little ET saying goodbye to each of us personally ahhh love it!
Ew. Sometimes the best intentions don't work out...
I don’t even know why I bought the grape donut, just gross
I have unfortunately. One of Uni's worst rides, imho.
I agree, we have done it twice now and that was 2x to many!
Sometimes all that touring catches up with you.
Yes we did get tired by the end of our trip
So familiar with this. Going back to cold is always so depressing
It is always colder when we get back even in the summer (except this year is has been so hot 🥵)
You can do it!
I plan on riding it this trip coming up, we shall see!
don't blame you!
We won’t make the mistake to ride FF again, no way!
I don't think they have that on the men's side. At least, I don't remember hearing her. Then again, it was fairly loud in there so may have just missed her.
It is so cool, she goes on and on in there!
Sorry to hear that. She okay now?
She is fine, I taped it up for her and this helped. I think it was just more walking around then she had done in awhile
Actually, no. I thought when you mentioned her knee that maybe you would not have.
True, I didn’t even think about that, it hurt her the most going up and down stairs.
Wow, that looks good!
Jake’s does have good food!
Thanks so much for writing and letting us all join in on your trip! :goodvibes
ahh you are welcome 🤗 It is fun to relive everything
Well... been discussing this a bit with the DISdads. Personally... I'm not that bothered by it. May actually like it. Yes it's an added expense, but I'm willing to pay for low to no wait times. But I also understand that if you have a large family, it could get very expensive.
I have started to see the positives for Andi and I but wow it will be very expensive for families if they buy it! I’m hoping they do something for AP holders but I doubt it.

Sounds like it was a busy and enjoyable last day of vacation!
It really was a fun time at Universal!
I feel like the Mummy might be tamer than Hagrid's. I can't compare the two, since I've only done the Mummy, but I feel like it's probably not more thrilling than Hagrid's.
I have rode the Mummy a couple times and I remember it being intense, I will have to ride it again!
Wait, there's a Moaning Myrtle bathroom at UO? I didn't know that. I've got to start brushing up on my Universal knowledge. Landon's on book 4 of HP and there's no way he'll let us go to the parks without visiting the WWoHP next trip.
Yes she is in the bathroom in Hogsmeade, she is so cool to hear in there. It’s best in the morning when the bathroom isn’t as busy! We all love HP and Universal captured it well!
When we flew back in June, since only essential international travel was allowed in the U.K., the international gates were a ghost town! It was wild to see everything to so empty.
I know, we liked sitting over there, no one around!
Looking forward to your next repor
Thank you!

Me too! Well my daughter might have rivalled me in my obsession but neither boy read them after the first chapter! What is wrong with my boys and who's children are they really
Same here! My son only read the books when his phone or TV privilege were suspended :rotfl:Now he reads all the time! Andi not so much for reading the books either, she loved the movies. I absolutely loved the books and I love to read!
Love the ET RIDE and really love ET saying goodbye "MO-I-RA"
Haha 😂 so cute, my sister started laughing so hard when I told her we have to go on ET so he can say goodbye CareOline! :rotfl2:
Sounds good to me. My youngest loves holidaying in the USA as he says it's the only placer I allow him to have "buns for breakfast". To say he is a fan of those mini chocolate muffins (buns) is an understatement Plus Froot Loops which he thinks is the best breakfast cereal ever invented whereas I dread to think what's actually in it hence why it's a WDW holiday only breakfast. :rotfl2:
I love a little sweet with my coffee and on vacation I take full advantage of this! Your son would probably love the Captain Crunch donut, cereal on top of the donut, this one is Andi’s favorite
The train is the only HP ride we've done. Love it! It's been years since we've been to universal so Hagrid's and Gringotts didn't exist when we were there but I loved the theming and would love to go back. If disney keep upping their prices and taking away perks it may be sooner rather than later which makes me sa
Yes! You will get back one of these years and the train is awesome! Gringotts is really fun!
Think I'm with Andi on this one but I suppose the upside of not being able to travel means I'll get to hear what everyone thinks of it when it's actually rolled out so I guess I'll reserve judgement until then.
I read more about it and I think for Andi and I to add for 4 days and maybe do 1-2 premium rides it would be okay but for a family of 5 with older children, they would need to budget another $700.00 dollars to use it for 4 days and add the “premium rides”, yikes!!

hate that! One time in April we came home to an ice storm…yuck!
I know, we almost always have to worry about a winter storm all the way through the middle of April sometimes yuck!
That looks yummy!
Jake’s really is a good place to eat, he food was good and service was excellent
Yes! Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to your next one :goodvibes
Thanks for joining in and commenting! I just saw your pictures of bringing Allie to her college dorm, sure brings back memories for me with Jack and Andi. Same room set up at both of their rooms to!
Stay strong! 🥰

I got here just in time for the TR to be over!! :sad2: Oh well, I'm glad I caught up on your spring trip anyway! And looking forward to hearing about the August trip as well! I started quoting, but then there was just waaaay too much to talk about and I think we'd both be overwhelmed :laughing: So I only kept a few quotes.

Welcome to my newest TR, It has been 15 months since my last one. Sounds like I am introducing myself at an AA meeting, lol 😂

:rotfl:

I travel with my daughter, her name is Andi, she is a 3rd year college student and recently turned 21, yay! Drinking age 🍸🍻

Must have been so nice for you and Andi to be able to enjoy some adult beverages together on this trip finally :)

How exciting, there was a package at the front desk for us. I went down to get it and it was a box of goodies from our TA. How nice was that. It contained chocolate chip cookies 🍪 and chocolate covered Oreos.

This was such a nice gesture from your TA! Yum!

I also could hear this very soft beeping noise. It sounded like an alarm clock in the next room, however , it never stopped. Once you hear it, you can’t stop hearing it, ugh! It was only 5am when I noticed the noise. I really wanted to sleep in. I did try to go back to sleep and I think I got another hour or so. I

This is SUCH a pain! I've had it happen with other people's alarms before in the mornings because I'm a light sleeper, but this was on a whole other level! I'm glad you figured it out eventually, though the whole kerfluffle when you were trying to get the CMs to deal with it was funny and frustrating at the same time!

We worked our way to the Figment area and Joy was outside. We got a selfie with her. This was fun.
39ACE9E4-F76C-4CFA-B35E-0B9F0C53B4D4.jpeg

This is cute! I like the roaming characters/character "meets" where you can take a selfie from a distance, etc.

Stay tuned for our evening in Epcot and a mini Epic meet-up.

I love that the "Epic" trip has lived on in so many other small meets through the last couple of years! You had some really nice meet ups on this trip.

I did catch up to them and we spent some time visiting and did a photo shoot with a PhotoPass photographer.
0733D2E2-F673-43E4-9774-791222CCA25B.jpeg

Great picture!

We did stop at Spaceship Earth and took a few pictures by the fountain. It was very pretty.
413B2C9A-33D5-43D6-B7A5-F86EBC279EF7.jpeg

I loved the fountain of nations so I'm so sad they decided to take it away, but this is a nice touch and looks nice and modern. :)

This is a really cute magic shot. Nathan would love this.

We really enjoyed riding the Skyliner and didn’t have a care in the world. Later in the day, we found out that several gondolas crashed into each other at Hollywood studios. It was several hours later but I am so glad we were not stuck on the Skyliner for hours! Andi, with her warped thinking, 🤔 wished we would have been on it, to get something free from Disney. Haha 😂

:eek: Also laughing that Andi was thinking about what Disney would have given you guys if it had been you!

We had a plan to line up for Nomad Lounge around 10:30. I’m glad we did because there were already 2 groups ahead of us.
The lounge is one of our favorite places to chill. We waited about 10 minutes once it hit 11am to be seated outside. The line is no joke here, my best advice is get there early! You can also join the virtual walk up list. I heard the hostess telling people walking up that it was already 60-75 minute wait for outside seating.

Woah, that's intense! I remember some days back when Nomad Lounge was in its early days where it would be very quiet and easy to get a table. But now that everyone knows about it and the pandemic makes outdoor seating such a benefit, etc., it seems like it's gotten pretty crazy! Glad you were able to get a table :)

Have I told you how delicious the churros are here? I think I have mentioned it like 100 times in my past reports, lol! These are so delicious and did not disappoint. They are house made and gluten free.
63716E88-2AD3-4874-9698-72AA922551F5.jpeg

Crunchy on the outside and fluffy inside. The two sauces, a vanilla and spicy strawberry one are so yummy. I think dipping in both at the same time is the best.

I love these churros so much! And like you I think they're best when you dip in both sauces at once.

I had the plain BM :rotfl: without all the garnishes.

Hah! This made me chuckle! When you work in a health-related field, there's only one thing this means in my mind. Side note: I had a couple of students I worked with last school year with the initials B.M. and I used initials a lot to help with confidentiality, and whenever I wrote that down I'd laugh and feel a little bad for the kids.

Andi still is boycotting Frozen Ever After :sad2::sad1:

Woah! This looks so strange to me with all the spray-shield plexiglass divider things.

Here are the pictures from the beautiful lounge area at the top of The Gran Destino Tower.
IMG_Jul162021at93352AM.jpg

Such a great view from up there!

So, I finally catch up to her and ask her what do you keep saying about people picking their noses? She laughed and said Mom, I have been saying nose peeking. Oh duh, that makes so much more sense with everyone wearing masks 😷

Aaaahhhh I wondered where this came from!! :rotfl:I'm gonna have to start using this. I like to point out of the delinquent nose peekers around town to Nathan!

As we were waiting, I look over and see a man take his mask off and blow his nose with just his hand. This was so gross, he squeezed each nostril and just blew the yuck 🤮 to the ground. Andi and I couldn’t believe it, talk about nose picking at a whole new level. I was so glad we were far enough away from him but still, so disgusting. He then goes over and touches the napkins at Aloha Isle and the silverware dispenser. Never sanitizes his hands at all.

OH. MY. GOSH. Ewwwwwwwww!!! That's horrible any time, especially during a pandemic, but also just any time ewwwwwwwwww!

Now my friend Melinda has suggested I bring an extra duffel bag and ziploc bags and pack it full of ice and my perishables I may do this, but this is likely what would happen lol 😆

Sometimes I think Melinda and I might be the same person. This is the first place my mind went, too! :laughing:

One really big change is Andi won’t be coming to the 50th with me. :sad: She has some school obligations in September that are just to hard to miss. She is bummed about it

That's sad! I'm sure she's disappointed! But school comes first :sad1:

My sister Donna is coming with me! Yay!

Yay! That's great that you'll have a park buddy and Donna can enjoy the 50th with you!

Masks are not fun but honestly you get use to it. I am so use to wearing a mask and often a respirator (which really sucks, that it didn’t really bother me. Andi still double masks and she is vaccinated.

Agreed. I don't love them or anything, but I'm so used to them now. No big deal in the scheme of things. Though I'm sure it would have the potential to be a little gross in the Florida heat and humidity.

We needed caffeine so SB for an espresso goat milk cold thing for Andi :confused3

:laughing:

Thanks so much for reliving this trip with us! I really enjoyed reading about it!

Same here! My son only read the books when his phone or TV privilege were suspended :rotfl:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I love a little sweet with my coffee and on vacation I take full advantage of this! Your son would probably love the Captain Crunch donut, cereal on top of the donut, this one is Andi’s favorite
I’m betting he would love that. I remember the older two loving Captain Crunch chicken goujons from Planet Hollywood back in the day. I tried to make them at hime with cornflakes- they were not impressed :rotfl2:
I read more about it and I think for Andi and I to add for 4 days and maybe do 1-2 premium rides it would be okay
Yeah I can see it being ok for smaller groups and I might even use it towards the end of a trip if there was something we hadn’t managed to ride that was a particular favourite. It would definitely add up in cost though for larger families/ longer stays. We’ve been so often that we take more time just enjoying the atmosphere in the parks and it’s more about that and food and drink than rides but I still loved planning those fastpasses 🤣. Hopefully it’ll all be good 🤞
I hear you’re heading off again. Have a great trip.😊

I did too, little ET saying goodbye to each of us personally ahhh love it!
::yes::
It is always colder when we get back even in the summer (except this year is has been so hot 🥵)
It's been a bit of a scorcher this year.
It is so cool, she goes on and on in there!
Huh.
Either it wasn't working or it's only on the girls side.
I have started to see the positives for Andi and I but wow it will be very expensive for families if they buy it! I’m hoping they do something for AP holders but I doubt it.
Oh, they've done something for AP holders all right. Have you seen the new prices??????? :faint:

got here just in time for the TR to be over!! :sad2: Oh well, I'm glad I caught up on your spring trip anyway! And looking forward to hearing about the August trip as well! I started quoting, but then there was just waaaay too much to talk about and I think we'd both be overwhelmed :laughing: So I only kept a few quotes.
So nice to see you posting again Meghan, thanks so much!
Must have been so nice for you and Andi to be able to enjoy some adult beverages together on this trip finally
It really is and this last trip we did the same!
This was such a nice gesture from your TA! Yum!
I know, she is so sweet!
This is SUCH a pain! I've had it happen with other people's alarms before in the mornings because I'm a light sleeper, but this was on a whole other level! I'm glad you figured it out eventually, though the whole kerfluffle when you were trying to get the CMs to deal with it was funny and frustrating at the same time!
It really was a pain! Once you heard it that was it, you couldn’t not hear it! I guess packing tape works for everything, lol 😆
This is cute! I like the roaming characters/character "meets" where you can take a selfie from a distance, etc.
I like this too. It is a change I don’t mind at all
love that the "Epic" trip has lived on in so many other small meets through the last couple of years! You had some really nice meet ups on this trip.
I know, almost every trip we have made I can usually say hi to someone from the Epic trip!
Also laughing that Andi was thinking about what Disney would have given you guys if it had been you!
That is a running joke with us!
I love these churros so much! And like you I think they're best when you dip in both sauces at once.
Yummy such a favorite of ours!
Woah! This looks so strange to me with all the spray-shield plexiglass divider things.
I was glad to be in the front, it really distorts things.
Aaaahhhh I wondered where this came from!! :rotfl:I'm gonna have to start using this. I like to point out of the delinquent nose peekers around town to Nathan!
We saw nose peeking this tri and Ani called them nose pickers, haha 😛
Sometimes I think Melinda and I might be the same person. This is the first place my mind went, too!
It was a good idea and we used it!
That's sad! I'm sure she's disappointed! But school comes first
Yes but we have a January trip planned to celebrate 🎉
Yay! That's great that you'll have a park buddy and Donna can enjoy the 50th with you
It will be nice to have her with!
Agreed. I don't love them or anything, but I'm so used to them now. No big deal in the scheme of things. Though I'm sure it would have the potential to be a little gross in the Florida heat and humidity.
We did need to change out our masks a few times in August, very hot and sweaty!
Thanks so much for reliving this trip with us! I really enjoyed reading about it!
Ahh you are welcome, thanks for reading!
I’m betting he would love that. I remember the older two loving Captain Crunch chicken goujons from Planet Hollywood back in the day. I tried to make them at hime with cornflakes- they were not impressed
I heard about the famous captain crunch coated chicken, we never did try it!
Yeah I can see it being ok for smaller groups and I might even use it towards the end of a trip if there was something we hadn’t managed to ride that was a particular favourite. It would definitely add up in cost though for larger families/ longer stays. We’ve been so often that we take more time just enjoying the atmosphere in the parks and it’s more about that and food and drink than rides but I still loved planning those fastpasses 🤣. Hopefully it’ll all be good 🤞
I hear you’re heading off again. Have a great trip.
The Genie+ is going to cost us all more, but even more so for large families!
Oh, they've done something for AP holders all right. Have you seen the new prices??????? :faint:
Oh my gosh, you aren’t kidding! It is crazy, I renewed before all this came out because I didn’t want park reservations removed for me on 10/1, this will be our last year with the AP at Disney. We have until 9/28/22!

Nice decision to avoid F&F....should be filed under....what were they thinking!!

Loved your report as always, especially your Universal part, you did a lot and I`m so happy you enjoyed so many things again there.

Your pictures are lovely and you and Andi always look so happy, it is contagious for sure. I absolutely think you need to ride The Mummy........ ::yes:: It really isn`t that bad.......:rolleyes1 lol....no it really isn`t.

And yes, donuts for breakfast is always ok......

Thank you again for another lovely trip report......always enjoy them and will be hopping over to read your new one too.......:wave2:

Hi Caroline,

All caught up and I'm sorry I was so checked out for a few weeks. I guess moving will do that. ;) I am so glad you had such a nice vacation and time away from the stress of work and life. Someday I'll stay at Royal Pacific and spend a bit more time in Potter. I really want to do the wand thing. I hope you are well- when things get a bit more settled down for me, we should have a phone chat!

Nice decision to avoid F&F....should be filed under....what were they thinking!!
Very true Carole!
Loved your report as always, especially your Universal part, you did a lot and I`m so happy you enjoyed so many things again there.
Thank you so much for joining in! You are so right to rave about Jake’s the food is yummy! We ate here again on our last trip!
Your pictures are lovely and you and Andi always look so happy, it is contagious for sure. I absolutely think you need to ride The Mummy........ ::yes:: It really isn`t that bad.......:rolleyes1 lol....no it really isn`t.
Haha 😂 The mummy is always a must in my mind and when I get there I chicken out, one of these trips!
And yes, donuts for breakfast is always ok.....
I agree wholeheartedly yummy, breakfast, lunch, and dinner :rotfl:
Thank you again for another lovely trip report......always enjoy them and will be hopping over to read your new one too.......:wave2:
:thumbsup2

Hi Caroline,

All caught up and I'm sorry I was so checked out for a few weeks. I guess moving will do that. ;) I am so glad you had such a nice vacation and time away from the stress of work and life. Someday I'll stay at Royal Pacific and spend a bit more time in Potter. I really want to do the wand thing. I hope you are well- when things get a bit more settled down for me, we should have a phone chat!
Thank you so much! I enjoyed following your adventures on FB
What a way to move, certainly not boring traditional flight to your new home!
I really like Universal and having the AP there is really nice and so worth it!

So nice to see you posting again Meghan, thanks so much!

I've been a little hit or miss but I'm trying to do a bit of DIS-ing when I can! Glad to be back :)

It really was a pain! Once you heard it that was it, you couldn’t not hear it! I guess packing tape works for everything, lol 😆

😆

Yes but we have a January trip planned to celebrate 🎉

Yay! Very exciting! Looking forward to hearing about it :)

We did need to change out our masks a few times in August, very hot and sweaty!

Ohh I can imagine! It was bad enough the way I'd sweat through my clothes in August, but I can imagine that masks would be a whole different level of hot and yucky!

Hey Everyone
I started a new TR for our most recent trip
Nothing Can Stop Us Now!
I hope you join in for the ups and downs of traveling with a bum ankle!

Heading over to "watch" :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter