Did you still use your resort pool in January?

mihtaylor

Earning My Ears
We've got a trip upcoming, and I'm wondering whether to bother building in some pool time at the resort in January. Are they heated enough, or should I just plan on the weather being too cold?

We've got a trip upcoming, and I'm wondering whether to bother building in some pool time at the resort in January. Are they heated enough, or should I just plan on the weather being too cold?
We have a trip in January, too, and based on last year’s Dec trip, this year’s Dec trip and previous Feb trips, it’s really unlikely we’ll be using the pool. Not to say I don’t see people in the pools during these months, the pools are heated, but it’s still just a bit too cold for my liking. The odd warm day always ended up being a busy park day so maybe if your resort time coincides with a warmer winter day, it could be nice.

We have the past three Januarys- the water has been nicely heated at each pool/resort, except the cozy cone pool at AoA a few years ago- that was one a bit too chilly. Otherwise, it’s probably my favorite time of year to use the pools because they are hardly ever crowded!

I've always found despite the pools being heated they are still too cold in winter, but your mileage may vary! I'm a baby with the cold.

We went in January when the kids were 8 & 5. Our rule was it had to be over 72 and sunny to swim. We only swam twice. We are from OH and used to swimming in Lake Erie, which usually has summer water temps in the mid 70's. If it would have been an adults only trip, there would not have been pool time.

We have attended in many January periods and have generally gone swimming a time or two and maybe a couple hot tub nights. The pools are heated and unless it is windy, I am fine jumping out and grabbing towels. It is a favorite time or us to attend, actually with lower crowds (aside from MLK weekend and race weekend).

It really does depend on the weather. The pools themselves are heated, so once you’re in the water you are fine. It’s getting out of the water that can be problematic. This is what Accuweather is currently predicting for January 2024. It looks like the week of the 21st would be okay, but the rest of the month looks too chilly to me.

IMG_0603.jpeg

All due respect to what is posted, but looking at the weather forecast a month in advance is almost the same as using the Farmer's Almanac to predict a particular day - it's way too general and will change 100 times before getting to mid-Jan. Those sunny and mid-upper 60s days look like pool days to us, too!!

This winter is supposed to be a bad one. I am thinking come January, its really gonna get cold.

It’s probably safe to assume - some will use the pool in January - whether you are comfortable with whatever temperatures in that time frame - is a different story. But also safe to assume and on the bright side pool usage will likely be lower - so at least fecal counts and urine concentration should be lower? :)

My kids went in the pool once in January. We are bringing swimsuits for our Jan 2024 trip just in case we feel like taking a dip. We're not counting on though. Not because it'll be too cold, but because the weather in January makes for such a nice park experience, that we like to stay from rope drop to close. Any other time of year we get too hot and want to take a swim break. We like to take advantage of the mild weather and enjoy the parks comfortably all day.

El Niño winter this year. Colder and wetter. 🥶

(Obviously an over-generalization but it does tend to impact weather patterns)

It depends on where you are from and the actual day. We swam several days in early Feb a few years ago, and also late November. We live in CO and Feb/Nov swimming in FL is usually warmer than summer swimming in CO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter