Diez (10) Noches Calientes en la Riviera Mexicana/17 de abril 2011 (4.17.11 Wonder!)

Always very important to know where the bathroom is! Great idea. :thumbsup2

Ok, I think I have hubby convinced. Told him we could do a romantic get away for just the two of us. Cutting out the cost of the kids was about 6K. I just have to come up with the down payment now and book. =) Get paid on Tuesday. Crossing my fingers that Alaska took most of the cruisers for the year, and most are only doing 1 per year.

Useful spanish phrase of the day. If we do this each day, maybe we won't look like a bunch of idiot tourist (Just dumb tourist ;) )

Donde es el baño. (Where is the bathroom)

I think I would have started with : Uno mas cervesa por favor- One more beer please!

After the beer we will all need the bathroom =)

I have added a link to your thread on the main index page. Have a great cruise!

Hola mis amigos.

Sorry I have been AWOL for awhile. Been preparing for Midterms.

I see you have been quiet too.

So far we have

Donde es Bano (where is the bathroom)
y
Uno mas cervesa por favor (one more beer please)

Lets add

Queiro instrucciones para llegar a el puerto, por favor (I want directions to the port, please)

Cuánto cuesta este (How much is this) - for the shoppers

Hi guys,

Hope to be joining this cruise soon. Currently we are booked on the Magic for an Eastern 5/7/11. But we live in Northern CA, so with the airfare to Florida it is about the same price as this 10 day. We would rather drive the 7 hours with 3 kids then fly the 7+ hours with a time change with 3 kids. It is just the higher deposit that is holding us back right now. My husband choked at the deposit for the 5 of us already, and that was 50% off because I booked onboard a few weeks ago.

If I can convince him, I will be back soon. I have to tread lightly because he thinks I plan too much travel to begin with. However if we act fast, we can get the connecting rooms that I want.

I wonder why this thread is so short..... Why so few DIS'ers? It seems like such a good deal!!! I/we are planning on booking. At the time, my girls will be 20, 7, and 5 years old.

We're hosting a Disney Cruise Line House Party tomorrow night. If anyone is interested in a chance to win a free 4-nt cruise on the Wonder, send me your email address and we'll send you an entry.

Well we changed our original planned Eastern to this 10 day Riviera. Just made more sense financially. Also super excited to have more days.

At the time of the cruise will be me (Kristi), husband (Kevin), Isabelle turning 8 on cruise, Danny almost 6, and Brennan turns 3 a few days after cruise. It was crucial that we got on a sailing that my youngest would be able to use the club. I was told that as long as he is within 30 days of his 3rd birthday and potty trained he would be able to go in the club.

It will be fun to be on the ship for Easter. I hope they do an egg hunt or something special.

Does anyone know what the weather is like in April on the Mexican Riviera? We just did a Western cruise on the Magic in Oct. and it poured rain on us in every port.

JW, what part of Northern CA do you live in? We are outside of Sacramento.

Hope to get to know all of you over the next 17 months.

Well we changed our original planned Eastern to this 10 day Riviera. Just made more sense financially. Also super excited to have more days.

At the time of the cruise will be me (Kristi), husband (Kevin), Isabelle turning 8 on cruise, Danny almost 6, and Brennan turns 3 a few days after cruise. It was crucial that we got on a sailing that my youngest would be able to use the club. I was told that as long as he is within 30 days of his 3rd birthday and potty trained he would be able to go in the club.

It will be fun to be on the ship for Easter. I hope they do an egg hunt or something special.

Does anyone know what the weather is like in April on the Mexican Riviera? We just did a Western cruise on the Magic in Oct. and it poured rain on us in every port.

JW, what part of Northern CA do you live in? We are outside of Sacramento.

Hope to get to know all of you over the next 17 months.
Kristi,

Welcome!! We also changed from a 7 night (the 4/16 Western) to this 10 night!! It was less $$$ and more nights!! We are so excited about the extra sea days (though we will miss Castaway Cay)!

My youngest was almost 3 months shy of her 3rd birthday and she was able to go in the club!! She had been potty trained for a long time and was (and still is) very independent, so she had no trouble at all - it was always her older sister who wanted us to come pick her up.:rolleyes:

Kristi.....We're in the east bay area.....about an hour or so from you. I'm just looking forward to sailing in and out of the west coast. No long flights!!! We did the first repo, which was out of LA, and it was really nice.

Well looks like we will not be joining you. Spring Break is not going to be one of those weeks. So Adios mis Amigos.

Sorry to lose you on the cruise Robin, but it looks like you will be enjoying the Dream.

JW, I am from San Jose. We moved to Lincoln 6 years ago. We are thrilled to be sailing from the west coast. Driving to L.A with 3 small kids is easier then flying to Florida. We drive to DL a lot, so we have our favorite stops.

I think just being able to drive to the ship is what convinced my husband to do the 10 day. He is a little apprehensive about a cruise that long. My husband and I have cruised together twice before. Once to Alaska for our honeymoon on Princess and we did a New England cruise out of Boston on RCL. He liked cruising but he disliked that we were some of the youngest people on the ship. Those two particular cruises have an older clientele. I sailed on the Magic last month without him. I told him he will love Disney and the families atmosphere. The Disney ships are a whole different experience. Also the kids have a blast and we can have some couple time.

I did the Mexican Riviera in 1989, but I was only 16 then. This should be a whole new experience. I am just hoping the weather is not too bad.

I canceled this cruise today. :sad2: Money just too tight at the moment to float the deposit right now. So we're also saying adios amigos. Or at least Hasta la vista!

We booked on the 4th and can't wait! It's our 1st Disney cruise. Our DS will be 8 at cruise time. The three of us will be celebrating our birthdays on the cruise. All three birhtdays are within 9 days of each other. My DS's birhtday is the day before DH's. Trying to get my Dsister and DBIL to go too...the price is sooo good and after the deposit was made I don't have much left to pay.:banana:

I agree about having a great cruise off Cali coast. Our last one was Oct '08, a 15nt Hawaiian LA to Hawaii back to LA. The best sea days ever!! Not one day of rough sea. :cool1:

We are Disneyland vets (with only one trip to the World) and can't wait to finally get on the Wonder. I could never get the cost across for DH to want to go on one before. Now WOW! It's cheap for Disney! :woohoo:

Yeah!! Another member on our cruise.

Szubieta welcome. My daughter turns 8 on the cruise as well, April 19th. I think it is a perfect cruise with a birthday and Easter to celebrate. Also the kids spring break should be that week before Easter.

We are really saving for the cruise over the next 15 months, but also trying to fit in a trip to Dland. We just got one day free tickets for our family from the Give A Day, Get A Day promo. Maybe we will driving down there after the kids are out of school the first week of June.

I am trying not to get too excited for the cruise since it is over a year away. I still can't help visiting the boards every day and researching the ports.

My daughter turns 8 on the cruise as well, April 19th. I think it is a perfect cruise with a birthday and Easter to celebrate. Also the kids spring break should be that week before Easter.

DS's birthday is April 8th. We usually do a Dland trip for our birthdays...this will be way better!!:woohoo:

We are really saving for the cruise over the next 15 months, but also trying to fit in a trip to Dland. We just got one day free tickets for our family from the Give A Day, Get A Day promo. Maybe we will driving down there after the kids are out of school the first week of June.

I need to find the right day for the Give a Day, Get a Day. I need one where the 3 of us can do it all together. What did you guys do, if you don't mind me asking?

I am trying not to get too excited for the cruise since it is over a year away. I still can't help visiting the boards every day and researching the ports.

I am a computer travel junkie...I watch for deals, watch the boards and dream. My DSister and I both are always calling each other with ideas for our next combined family trip. I already talked them into Christmas 2010 in Hawaii. Mexico on Disney & Spring Break is a little harder since their children are 18 & 21. :confused3 She loves Disney almost as much a I so she was an easy sell. We're working on him with the cost. :thumbsup2

Ok we are on board. Just the 2 of us DH and myself. Joining my DSister and family szubieta.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter