Diez (10) Noches Calientes en la Riviera Mexicana/17 de abril 2011 (4.17.11 Wonder!)

I need to find the right day for the Give a Day, Get a Day. I need one where the 3 of us can do it all together. What did you guys do, if you don't mind me asking?

We did a project where you make no-sew fleece blankets for children at hospitals. It was super easy. We got 6 vouchers for 6 blankets. The opportunity is in a suburb of Sacramento if you are close.

Welcome kjwemett:goodvibes It is exciting to see more people joining our cruise.

Our school calendar is not out for 2010-2011 yet. I am hoping our spring break will be the week before Easter in 2011 like it is every year. I just sent an email to the district to see when the calendar will come out.

I am hoping this next 14 months goes by fast. It is funny it does not seem this particular cruise is that popular yet. I thought it would sell out fast.

We did a project where you make no-sew fleece blankets for children at hospitals. It was super easy. We got 6 vouchers for 6 blankets. The opportunity is in a suburb of Sacramento if you are close.

Welcome kjwemett:goodvibes It is exciting to see more people joining our cruise.

Our school calendar is not out for 2010-2011 yet. I am hoping our spring break will be the week before Easter in 2011 like it is every year. I just sent an email to the district to see when the calendar will come out.

I am hoping this next 14 months goes by fast. It is funny it does not seem this particular cruise is that popular yet. I thought it would sell out fast.

We're not that close we're in Fresno :eek:, I know... I did check it out at the beginning of Jan and there wasn't much for a family with a 6 yr old. I am going to keep checking back. Trying to get a trip in this spring to DL.

Our school calendar for '10-'11 came out at winter break and I was on a mission to get DH to approve the cruise. As you can see, I just got DSister, kjwemett, on board. :cool1:

We too hope the 14 mos go quickly. I think this cruise will sell out soon. Christmas just passed and tax returns are in the air. :thumbsup2 Since this is our first Disney cruise, I am on the board as much as possible. DH keeps looking over my shoulder asking what else I have found. popcorn::

We did a project where you make no-sew fleece blankets for children at hospitals. It was super easy. We got 6 vouchers for 6 blankets.

I happen to check on-line today and guess what I found...Yep, now it has the Blinky project and age requirement is 6. Finally one that we can do. Hope I get a response from them. Thanks for the reminder I hadn't checked since the 1st. :thumbsup2

Ninguna categoría 12 izquierdo (no category 12 left)

:woohoo: Our cruise is starting to fill. I just check the website during a commercial (watching the Olympics) and found no more cat. 12 available at this time. Still so far off and so much planning to do. I have been noticing a lot more people asking question on the board, including myself. :surfweb: I have found some interesting information too. ;)

I have been watching all of the MR info on the boards lately too. I think more and more questions and answers will come. I can't wait till a year from now when the actually cruises are in full swing. I know our cruise will be a little different then the 7 days because of the longer itinerary.

We usually do our excursions on our own and not through the ship. I love seeing and reading about the excursions that are available in the ports. We have the extra port of Manzanillo that I have not found info on.

We are going to DL just for one day the beginning of June with the Give A Day, Get A Day promo. That will probably be our only Disney fix until the cruise. I don't think we are going to do the parks when we are there in 2011 since the cruise is so long and I not a big fan of the crowds during Spring Break.

Hi all!!
We're in!! I just have not been on the Dis much. We switched from a Med this yr to the Mex Riv. DD will be 6 by next year and weren't sure if she'd appreciate Europe just yet. There's 3 of :dance3:us, DH, DD and myself. We've cruised DCL a few times and enjoy the family experience. We cruised Mex Riv on DCL before, ports were ok, but we enjoy sea days most :).

Welcome Patricia1!! We LOOOVVE sea days too. That's the only way I got DH to go to the MR. ;)

Happy Easter 2010 everyone!

I can't help thinking all day how next Easter we will be on our cruise. I am planning in my head how we will do the day. We will be in Mazatlan on Easter Sunday. Hoping to be able to do an egg hunt in our connecting rooms and then maybe a nice breakfast at Tritons. Wonder if the ship will do anything special for Easter? Maybe I will post that question for the passengers who are cruising today. I actually kinda wish it was a sea day, more relaxed. We will all have to share ideas on what to do in Mazatlan on Easter. I bet it will be crazy. I was there for Holy Week 20 years ago and Easter is their most sacred of holidays.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic day.

Happy Easter 2010 everyone!

I can't help thinking all day how next Easter we will be on our cruise. I am planning in my head how we will do the day. We will be in Mazatlan on Easter Sunday. Hoping to be able to do an egg hunt in our connecting rooms and then maybe a nice breakfast at Tritons. Wonder if the ship will do anything special for Easter? Maybe I will post that question for the passengers who are cruising today. I actually kinda wish it was a sea day, more relaxed. We will all have to share ideas on what to do in Mazatlan on Easter. I bet it will be crazy. I was there for Holy Week 20 years ago and Easter is their most sacred of holidays.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic day.

My sister and I were thinking the same thing yesterday, except for the egg hunt. Depending on what people are going to post regarding this Easter trip...I am prepared to celebrate before we leave if needed and on-board too. Maybe they will have something cool in Mazatlan. Can't belived it's coming up on a year out!! :thumbsup2 :banana:

369 days away!!! I really can't believe we're almost one year away!! Hope everyone has been reading and following Mazatlan Franks thread. It really has been interesting and I can't wait to get there!

I cannot wait to start the one year countdown on Saturday. Then I think it will go fast down from 12 months to 1 month. I am really surprised that we do not have more people on our cruise thread. I don't understand why this cruise is not super popular.

My daughter turns 7 next Monday and I keep telling her when she turns 8 we will be on the ship. I also have a son turning 2 May 1st so it is my goal this next 12 months to get him potty trained. I think he is going to mature so much this year he might almost be pleasant to travel with next year.

We are going to Disneyland for one day the beginning of June so that will give me my Disney fix for a while. I wish we could do the parks longer, but gotta save money for this cruise. I am not sure if we are going to do the parks when we are there for the cruise. I think we might hit up Universal Studios Hollywood since my kids have never been there. We might be done with Disney after 10 days.

I cannot wait to start the one year countdown on Saturday. Then I think it will go fast down from 12 months to 1 month. I am really surprised that we do not have more people on our cruise thread. I don't understand why this cruise is not super popular.

My daughter turns 7 next Monday and I keep telling her when she turns 8 we will be on the ship. I also have a son turning 2 May 1st so it is my goal this next 12 months to get him potty trained. I think he is going to mature so much this year he might almost be pleasant to travel with next year.

We are going to Disneyland for one day the beginning of June so that will give me my Disney fix for a while. I wish we could do the parks longer, but gotta save money for this cruise. I am not sure if we are going to do the parks when we are there for the cruise. I think we might hit up Universal Studios Hollywood since my kids have never been there. We might be done with Disney after 10 days.

I know...I keep check the DCL website too. There's still a lot of time thought. Well maybe we can get pixiedust and get bumped. ;) I wouldn't complain!

Wish them a happy birthday from people they might meet on the cruise, we do have our 7 yo's, they will probably be in the club together.

I know...we are probably doing DL at Christmas instead. I have been itching for Disney.

Your children will probably love it. We just went on Spring Break this year. JoJo, DS7 really thought it was cool. They have a lot of characters, wish we would have seen Scooby though. We did do the Backlot Tour and there were a lot of things skipped. King Kong will be up and running this summer. It was still fun, but it AINT no Disney. :thumbsup2 We stayed a few blocks off Hollywood Blvd and took the Metro to Universal. It gave us time to walk around Hollywood Blvd a few days seeing things I hadn't seen in a very long time. It's not as bad a place like it was about 10 yrs ago. :thumbsup2 Would really like to do Universal Orlando one day, funny how its got a lot of rides, but Hollywood is still a working studio and they were filming Ghost Whisperer while we were there.

Oh Yeah....368 days!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :dance3:

WooHoo!!!! We sail one year from today. :cool1:

Not sure if we are driving to SoCal on the 17th or driving a day earlier. I guess we have time to figure that out. Very excited to hit the one year mark since I booked this in Oct.

Seems like this cruise is starting to generate more interest because of it's price. Hope to have more DIS members join us.

So what is everyone's dinner seating time? Right now we are scheduled for Main, but most likely I am going to switch to late. I have always enjoyed the late dinner, I feel not so rushed in the afternoon to get ready for dinner. The kids swim longer, we don't have to rush in from port, and I LOVED the dine-n-play, where the kids eat with us for about 45min. and then the kids club come and picks them up and the adults can finish our meal. They don't have that option for Main seating yet. I am just not sure how my little guy will do with the late nights. I am pretty sure if I nap him good during the day he will last for the evening festivities.

Here's to a fun year on the boards planning our cruise together:woohoo:

Hi, everyone, we’re going to be cruising with you! :banana::banana:

We had a Western Caribbean booked on the Carnival Dream for the same week, but when you all were talking on a thread yesterday about how relatively cheap this 10 day on the Wonder is I just had to check it out. And once I took into account the price of flights to Orlando and our DCL discount for transferring an on board reservation (just got back from a spring break cruise on the Magic), the 10 nights on the Wonder is only a few hundred dollars more than the 7 night - that made it a pretty easy decision to switch. :goodvibes

We’ve done 4 previous Mexico cruises, 2 in March/April and 2 in July. We had pretty good luck with the weather on all of them. The first and last sea days can be a little cool but Mexico is nice and warm, even though it’s much more humid than we are used to here in the desert. The water was cold in the spring, but ok once you were in awhile.

Oh, I should introduce us. I’m Dany and I’ll be travelling with my husband (Joe) and our daughter who will be 15 this summer. Looking forward to chatting with all of you over the next year!

Not sure if we are driving to SoCal on the 17th or driving a day earlier. I guess we have time to figure that out. Very excited to hit the one year mark since I booked this in Oct.

We always drive down a day early just to avoid the stress of any possible delays. Several hotels near the port have "Park and Cruise" deals where you spend a night and get free parking at the hotel for the duration of the cruise. We've stayed at the Crowne Plaza several times and it's worked out great!

Welcome LV Disney Fan, glad your were able to join us!!

YEAH!!! :woohoo: :rotfl: :dance3: One year!!

We too will drive in a day early, we are all from the Fresno area. Last cruise we stayed at the Best Western, it really wasn't too nice. The room looked quite old, needed repairs and new carpet. But we LOVED seeing the back of the Serenade of the Seas when we opened the curtains in the morning. They too have the park and cruise deal and a shuttle. We are going to look at all the other hotels this time around.

:grouphug: We (Sandy, Danny, JoJo, my sister & BIL) have Main Dining. I would love to try late dining for the same reasons True Romance does, but I think I will wait til JoJo is a little older.

Can't wait to talk with everyone about port adventures. Wish DCL would post them on their site now. I have looked at previous navigators so I have a few shore ex in minds already.

We're all new to DCL and I really can't wait to experience the difference. :thumbsup2

A year from today we will be at our first port of Puerto Vallarta!! Does anyone have excursions or things they know they want to do here? I have been to PV a couple of times, but I was a teenager then. Need inexpensive ideas on what to do with the kids.

On a side note, I just booked the 2 day Wonder trip to No Where on 1/21/11. I thought this would be a fun weekend trip for just my husband and I. This will also get him familiar with the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter