Dining Reservations - Q and Critique Please

DisPhanatic

Mouseketeer
My dining window opens up this weekend. I will be traveling 2/11-2/15 with my 12yo son. We've been many times as a family of 4 but my husband and 14yo son want to sit this trip out. I have been stalking the reservations to layout my plan. We will be doing a lot of quick service but were hoping for a few sit-downs. All of these restaurants will be new for us.

2/11 Arrive 8 pm at MCO and travel to CBR

2/12 Magic Kingdom Day / 3 pm Liberty Tree Tavern (want time after meal to hit rides before the park closes. This will be our strategy all week). This reservation should be easy to snag.

2/13 Hollywood! Looking to have a drink at Oga's (should be okay to snag) and early dinner 4 pm at Sci Fi. I cannot find anything for 2 people but have plenty of availability for 4 people. Do I need to make a reservation for 4? Our backup is Mama Melrose

2/14 Animal Kingdom all day then head to Disney Springs. Would love dinner at Homecoming around 7. I have read if I cannot find one to call them directly. If that doesn't work, we will stick with quick service (maybe Polite Pig and some snacks).

2/15 Hollywood again before an 8 pm flight home. I can shoot for Sci Fi this day if the 13th doesn't work out but it would have to be 2 ish??

Thanks for the advice!

Take the reservation for 4 at sci fi, showing up with less people won't be an issue. I wouldn't do the last day, they don't have the quickest service.

I would try in this order:
Oga's
Homecomin
Sci-fi
LTT

Like others said if you can grab a res for 4, do the 4, no big deal. I wouldn't do 2pm on the departure day, I would try earlier. This was our first time only booking a party of 2 and there were SO many options, I was done booking reservations for our weeklong trip in 6 minutes!! Good luck!

Everything went pretty well today. Here is what I snagged:

2/12 Liberty Tree Tavern 3:15
2/13 Oga's for a drink at 1:40; Sci Fi at 3:25. We will hit the park hard early and late
2/14 Wanted Homecoming, nothing online but will call the afternoon and report back
2/15 Oga's for a drink 12:55. I may just cancel 2/13 the more I think about it

Interesting enough, I thought reservations opened at 7 am EST. I logged on at 6:51 and I was able to get started right away.

Oh yay for you! They open the reservations at 6:00 - and since I have moved our next trip 5 times and had to make new ADR’s each time, I have really not enjoyed those early mornings.

Good luck with Homecomin’ - it’s always my hardest one to get. I just keep stalking it and I do a Reservation Finder with Touring Plans.

So I called Homecomin' directly and they said they are not taking reservations on 2/14 for Valentine's Day. Walk-ins are all they are taking. We may go that route and check it out when we get to Disney Springs. However, just in case, we snagged a 7:35 at Paradiso 37. My son picked the menu but there was a lot of other availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter