• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining Reservations- Your thoughts on these new-to-me bookings

ToffPrincess

Mouseketeer
With just over 2 months to go and a few days till my fastpass selections open up.. I would like to throw out a few new-to-me dining reservations I have booked and see if I should change/re consider them. I always have luck getting last minute reservations once I arrive, so feel free to also leave recs on where I should go for TS or QS instead at the same park/resort area.

So, if you have dined at the following places in the last 2-3 MONTHS (looking for recent reviews for quality control) do let me know what you think.

OHANA'S for dinner service

HOLLYWOOD BROWN DERBY

TIFFINS (this worries me should I do Yak & Yeti TS/QS instead!?)

HOLLYWOOD & VINE for lunch (also known as Hollywood & Slime.. terrified for this one but characters?!)

Boma (am a Jiko fan so I think I made a good call?)

Bon Voyage Breakfast

Citricos

The diners are DH, DS (4) and well behaved and myself. DS can sit for a long time and loves Cali Grill & Jiko but I do worry Tiffins and Citricos may be too stuffy for him!

While I'm not a recent visitor due to financial reasons (student loan repayment is a killer), Citricos is, IMO, the best spot to eat at WDW.

While I will do a lot for my kids to see characters they love (Chef Mickey's for example) I draw the line at Hollywood and Vine. I have had nothing but horrible food there after trying it a few times and will never go back. It is pretty sad when you can't find anything worth eating even for breakfast. I have not tried a few of your others, mainly because I have to cater to a few picky eaters, but if the menus look good to you I would go for it.

We ate at Tiffins and the Non Voyage Breakfast in April and I would recommend both.

I have not been to Cali Grill or Jiko. If those are okay I think Tiffins would be fine. I think things in park are more casual for a signature then at the resorts.

Was at H&V over thanksgiving and the food isn’t awesome - we were there in 2015 as well and the food was amazing then too - enjoy!!

With just over 2 months to go and a few days till my fastpass selections open up.. I would like to throw out a few new-to-me dining reservations I have booked and see if I should change/re consider them. I always have luck getting last minute reservations once I arrive, so feel free to also leave recs on where I should go for TS or QS instead at the same park/resort area.

So, if you have dined at the following places in the last 2-3 MONTHS (looking for recent reviews for quality control) do let me know what you think.

OHANA'S for dinner service

HOLLYWOOD BROWN DERBY

TIFFINS (this worries me should I do Yak & Yeti TS/QS instead!?)

HOLLYWOOD & VINE for lunch (also known as Hollywood & Slime.. terrified for this one but characters?!)

Boma (am a Jiko fan so I think I made a good call?)

Bon Voyage Breakfast

Citricos

The diners are DH, DS (4) and well behaved and myself. DS can sit for a long time and loves Cali Grill & Jiko but I do worry Tiffins and Citricos may be too stuffy for him!

Ohana's Crap
HBD Good
Tiffins Great
H&V Ok
Boma Great
Bon Voyage No clue never done it
Citricos Amazing.

Editing to add all those were done in late April 2018 with the exception of H&V which was done in Nov 2017. So the vast majority are close to the past 3 months.

If you like Jiko and California Grill you’ll like Tiffins and Citricos. Citricos is not stuffy at all. We usually do lunch at The Brown Derby. We had terrible breakfast at Ohana.

While I will do a lot for my kids to see characters they love (Chef Mickey's for example) I draw the line at Hollywood and Vine. I have had nothing but horrible food there after trying it a few times and will never go back. It is pretty sad when you can't find anything worth eating even for breakfast. I have not tried a few of your others, mainly because I have to cater to a few picky eaters, but if the menus look good to you I would go for it.

This is the one I am the most torn about. I know nothing of quick service at HS so I am a bit lost for ideas. Do you have any recs? Is it close enough to walk to BC/YC for QS there?

This is the one I am the most torn about. I know nothing of quick service at HS so I am a bit lost for ideas. Do you have any recs? Is it close enough to walk to BC/YC for QS there?

We ate at Rosie's last time. It was fine. The seating is outside.

Boardwalk is closer but you can walk to BC/YC. Not sure I would walk there just for a QS meal though. If it you were planning to head to the Boardwalk area or Epcot anyway then I might consider it.

I don't know if there is anything worth leaving the park for, especially for lunch. How about Sci Fi, there are some pretty inexpensive options there for a TS. For QS, Andy's lunchbox in Toy Story land has had some fairly decent reviews.

A nice mix of restaurants.
OHANA'S for dinner service - haven't eaten there in several years. Recent reviews have said the service seemed rushed.

HOLLYWOOD BROWN DERBY - we really enjoy eating here. Almost every trip at HS

TIFFINS - love this place. Our favorite place to eat at AK. Don't miss Nomad lounge as a break in the afternoon.
HOLLYWOOD & VINE for lunch not a fan, YMMV

Boma probably the best buffet at WDW. Doesn't matter if it is breakfast or dinner, really good. (not as good as Jiko)

Citricos - been there 3 times. The food was good, nothing that ever wowed us. Probably won't go back. Not at the level of Jiko, California Grill, Flying Fish, Monsieur Paul.

Last edited:
I would do a Hollywood Studios quick service instead of Hollywood and Vine for lunch. Backlot Express is okay, and I'm interested in trying Woody's Lunchbox. The food at Hollywood and Vine was okay when we went, but it's so expensive for just edible food. The characters were nice, but we don't care that much about meeting the fab 5 in every possible outfit, so we'd meet them elsewhere.

We've never done Hollywood Brown Derby, but a friend of my husband says it's really good.

We did Ohana for breakfast (for the characters, mostly) and it was enjoyable. We were going to try dinner next trip, but switched it to Boma, which we've done before, on account of a slew of recent bad Ohana reviews, and are possibly switching that to California Grill for a new experience.

Boma is really good for a buffet. I was able to find a couple of really good items to want to return for, and there was nothing I tried that I didn't like. The soups are fantastic.

I can't help with the others, but we are excited to try Tiffins on our next trip. I am thinking it will be similar to Jiko, and I would guess it would be less stuffy than out-of-park signatures, rather than more stuffy.

We did O'hana for both breakfast and dinner and enjoyed both meals. I have done Boma for breakfast which was amazing. We leave 1 week from today and we are doing Boma for dinner this time, so looking forward to it! We are also doing H&V and Bon Yoyage for breakfast. I have heard great things about the breakfast, not so much for H&V but the dining plan was free for us so we are just going with it for the characters. I can let you know when I get back how the others were...

OHANA'S for dinner service - we really like this place, go all the time. I know it gets mixed reviews, but I would keep this.

HOLLYWOOD BROWN DERBY - haven't been here but have heard good things. There aren't many places I'd like to eat in this park, but I have been wanting to go there.

TIFFINS (this worries me should I do Yak & Yeti TS/QS instead!?) - the food here doesn't really appeal to me so I probably will never go. I liked Yak and Yeti a lot and I think it's cheaper?

HOLLYWOOD & VINE for lunch (also known as Hollywood & Slime.. terrified for this one but characters?!) -I've heard awful things about this place, but if you really want to meet the characters you can keep it and just go in with the right expectations for the food. Over at Epcot and the Epcot resorts they have better character dining so maybe switch to one of those?

Boma (am a Jiko fan so I think I made a good call?) - I love Jiko, haven't been to Boma yet, but have heard great things about it.

Bon Voyage Breakfast - It has unique characters I would keep it

Citricos - I had a good meal here, but it wasn't outstanding and I don't know if I'll go back.

Ate at Ohana and Boma(breakfast) in July.

Ohana seemed rushed and I wasn't blown away. I wouldn't go again(well maybe for the bread pudding)...

Boma was very good.

Btw Tiffins is wonderful(Ate there in December)

I would do a Hollywood Studios quick service instead of Hollywood and Vine for lunch. Backlot Express is okay, and I'm interested in trying Woody's Lunchbox. The food at Hollywood and Vine was okay when we went, but it's so expensive for just edible food. The characters were nice, but we don't care that much about meeting the fab 5 in every possible outfit, so we'd meet them elsewhere.

We've never done Hollywood Brown Derby, but a friend of my husband says it's really good.

We did Ohana for breakfast (for the characters, mostly) and it was enjoyable. We were going to try dinner next trip, but switched it to Boma, which we've done before, on account of a slew of recent bad Ohana reviews, and are possibly switching that to California Grill for a new experience.

Boma is really good for a buffet. I was able to find a couple of really good items to want to return for, and there was nothing I tried that I didn't like. The soups are fantastic.

I can't help with the others, but we are excited to try Tiffins on our next trip. I am thinking it will be similar to Jiko, and I would guess it would be less stuffy than out-of-park signatures, rather than more stuffy.

I think Woody's Lunchbox may replace Hollywood & Vine for us in the end. Plus with the theming it should make the little one happy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter