DIS 20th Anniversary *UN*OFFICIAL meet ups, events and make a friend thread.

So, what time should we plan on meeting at Homecomin' on June 1st? Trying to finalize my plans for that afternoon, and I want to make sure I know where/when to meet.

I don't know if I'm joining yet, but does anyone think the new security at TTC might effect how long it takes to get to EPCOT now after the fireworks from the Poly or TTC?

So, what time should we plan on meeting at Homecomin' on June 1st? Trying to finalize my plans for that afternoon, and I want to make sure I know where/when to meet.

I don't know if I'm joining yet, but does anyone think the new security at TTC might effect how long it takes to get to EPCOT now after the fireworks from the Poly or TTC?

I know Phil(MaxRebo) booked the 12:50 reservation so not much before that should work. I believe he has you and your Dad in the party of 8.

Good question regarding TTC -we planned on watching from there so I think we'll be good

I know Phil(MaxRebo) booked the 12:50 reservation so not much before that should work. I believe he has you and your Dad in the party of 8.

Good question regarding TTC -we planned on watching from there so I think we'll be good

Correct, the ADR I made is for 12:50 and @AngiTN made one for 6 for 12:40 and we were going to try to get seated together so I think a few of us should shoot for being there a bit early and then everyone else by 12:40 should work

I might want to check out the Polite Pig for a pre-lunch beer/cocktail

Here's my schedule that week if anyone wants to meet up:

TUESDAY, MAY 30:

8:00 a.m.-12 noon...My office, sad that I won't be at WDW for the celebration
12 noon-1:00 p.m.....This really great Greek place down the street for lunch
1:00-5:00 p.m....Back in office, not as sad anymore because I'm still happy from lunch
5:00 p.m.-???....Probably the grocery, then on my couch in my jammies eating dinner and watching sports until I fall asleep.

WEDNESDAY, MAY 31:

Same as above, except substitute "Cajun" for "Greek"

THURSDAY, JUNE 1:

Same as above, except substitute "Middle Eastern" for "Cajun"
Also, substitute "curled up in a ball crying because I'm missing the Epcot party" for "watching sports until I fall asleep"

FRIDAY, JUNE 2:

Same as above, except substitute "Barbecue" for "Middle Eastern"
Also, substitute "avoiding social media so that I don't see pics from the party and seethe with jealousy" for "curled up in a ball crying because I'm missing the Epcot party"

SATURDAY, JUNE 3:

Sleep in, work in the yard, fire up the grill

So that's my schedule in Kentucky for the week. You're welcome to join me. No Fastpasses or ADR's required.

KingLlama with the exception of the Greek place, I am completely jealous of your lunch options. Here in Northeast PA it is slim pickings for lunch with the exception of a great Indian buffet for lunch which is on my agenda today.

ETA I meant that we have a great Greek place also, which upon reading again wasn't clear. I love Greek food.

THURSDAY, JUNE 1:

Also, substitute "curled up in a ball crying because I'm missing the Epcot party" for "watching sports until I fall asleep"

Don't fret too much ...if the sports won't keep you awake, rumor has it that Kathy will be Live-streaming on Facebook from Journey into Imagination.

TUESDAY, MAY 30:

8:00 a.m.-12 noon...My office, sad that I won't be at WDW for the celebration
12 noon-1:00 p.m.....This really great Greek place down the street for lunch
1:00-5:00 p.m....Back in office, not as sad anymore because I'm still happy from lunch
5:00 p.m.-???....Probably the grocery, then on my couch in my jammies eating dinner and watching sports until I fall asleep.

WEDNESDAY, MAY 31:

Same as above, except substitute "Cajun" for "Greek"

THURSDAY, JUNE 1:

FRIDAY, JUNE 2:

Same as above, except substitute "Barbecue" for "Middle Eastern"
Also, substitute "avoiding social media so that I don't see pics from the party and seethe with jealousy" for "curled up in a ball crying because I'm missing the Epcot party"

SATURDAY, JUNE 3:

Sleep in, work in the yard, fire up the grill

So that's my schedule in Kentucky for the week. You're welcome to join me. No Fastpasses or ADR's required.
@KingLlama Want to start an online support group for those of us who will be stuck at home during the festivities? I'll be your sponsor, if you'll be mine. :)

Last edited:
Would people have interest in forming a group on social media for people to post where they are at, if they are looking for a friend for dinner, etc? I guess, similar to things discussed here but for short notice type things?

Was thinking whatsapp would be the best for this but not sure if everyone has that.

Or would people just want to use this thread or maybe get a conversation group started?

Would people have interest in forming a group on social media for people to post where they are at, if they are looking for a friend for dinner, etc? I guess, similar to things discussed here but for short notice type things?

Was thinking whatsapp would be the best for this but not sure if everyone has that.

Or would people just want to use this thread or maybe get a conversation group started?

I don't have whatsapp, but I am all for a Facebook group to stay connected while at WDW. I can create one if needed!

Facebook group is a great idea. That and messaging along with FP makes for a great way to communicate quickly while everyone is there.

Oh no ...a Facebook account. Never had one of those! So much for my cover in the witness protection program....
Hee hee hee.

I've got a t-shirt that says "You don't know me", with what looks like an official seal from the "Federal Witness Protection Program". I LOVE it. Gets a mix between very odd/confused looks, and straight out smiles and laughs, but always gets a reaction. And has started quite a few conversations. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter