DIS 20th Anniversary *UN*OFFICIAL meet ups, events and make a friend thread.

Noooooo I just found this group and was going line by line and hoping there would be a space free for homecomin'. :) I will def want to meet for drinks at trader sams before the event. Let me know if another reservation spot opens up!

Animal Kingdom Pandora Meet-Up:
Option #: 1
Disboards Name: SleepingRebecca
Group #: 1

Animal Kingdom Meet-Up:
Arrival Time: Around Noon
Fastpass: Flight of Passage 12:45
Rivers of Light 9:15 showing
Dining: None yet but open to a group at Tiffins

Festival of Lion King
Might be interested in joining!

Noooooo I just found this group and was going line by line and hoping there would be a space free for homecomin'. :) I will def want to meet for drinks at trader sams before the event. Let me know if another reservation spot opens up!

Another option would be to try and get another ADR for around the same time and see if there are others interested in going ... still like 7 weeks out so I am sure others would show interest

There is currently an ADR for 4 available at 12:50 at Homecomin' on 6/1.

EDIT: No longer available as I booked it. I realized that my touring plan for DHS had me done there before Noon so I will meet the group for lunch since I have a car. @SleepingRebecca let me know if you are interested. I would still have room for 2 more then.

Last edited:

EDIT: No longer available as I booked it. I realized that my touring plan for DHS had me done there before Noon so I will meet the group for lunch since I have a car. @SleepingRebecca let me know if you are interested. I would still have room for 2 more then.

I am interested! Thanks for snatching that up! What are your plans for DHS that morning?

It seems like most people are planning on being in the AK on May 31, but if anyone is planning on being in DHS that day I am thinking about doing the dessert party. Is anyone interested?

If you end up changing your date for the dessert party I would be up for it!

This wouldn't really be a "meet-up," but the day after the big Epcot party, on Friday June 2nd, my husband's High School Orchestra from Central Ohio will be performing on the Marketplace Stage at Disney Springs. The concert is scheduled for 12:15 pm. The students are so excited to travel to Disney and they've programed a lot of great Disney music. If you happen to be in the area (post-party recovery lunch, perhaps?), please stop by and listen.

I'm traveling with the school group during the anniversary celebration, but I will be ditching the kiddos to go to the Epcot party and I can't wait!

Just a little plug to support my husband, his students and the arts.

Last edited:
:wave:Hi, I don't post a whole lot but we will be down 5/31-6/4. Not sure if we can do any of the official stuff but excited to be in WDW the same time as so many other Disers.

I have pretty much the same travel dates! I'm traveling with a group of high school musicians, but I'm still doing the big Epcot party (I can't so no to Jodi Benson). I'm so excited to finally be able to interact with some other Disers face-to-face!

I am 99% sure I am going and would love to meet up with you all if you have an seat open. :)

This wouldn't really be a "meet-up," but the day after the big Epcot party, on Friday June 2nd, my husband's High School Orchestra from Central Ohio will be performing on the Marketplace Stage at Disney Springs. The concert is scheduled for 12:15 pm. The students are so excited to travel to Disney and they've programed a lot of great Disney music. If you happen to be in the area (post-party recovery lunch, perhaps?), please stop by and listen.

I'm traveling with the school group during the anniversary celebration, but I will be ditching the kiddos to go to the Epcot party and I can't wait!

Just a little plug to support my husband, his students and the arts.

Awesome Congrats from a fellow Buckeye! Shut OH at the party and we will find you!

If you end up changing your date for the dessert party I would be up for it!

I wish I could! I am a bit set in the dates as I only bought the 4-Park magic ticket, no park hopping for me this time.

I will create a file on the Facebook group to try and keep the official "unofficial" meetups straight and to see if there are others who might want to join in!

So far I think we have:
1. May 31- AK Meetup Group
2. June 1- Homecoming Lunch
3. June 1- Geyser Point/Trader Sams/Fireworks Pre-Party Party
4. May 30- Highway in the Sky Dinner Group

Any other's I am missing?

I hope the announce some of the official meetups soon so I can maybe try and make one or two of those!

I will be travelling solo for the first time as my wife just started a new job and we can not take the kids out of school then.

My dates are May 28 to June 3. On May 31 I am looking at doing the Galactic Desert Party. Made fastpass selection for each day so far and a couple dining plans.

Traveling solo and/or up for anything!
Looking for bar friends:
Looking for dining friends:

I will be travelling solo for the first time as my wife just started a new job and we can not take the kids out of school then.

My dates are May 28 to June 3. On May 31 I am looking at doing the Galactic Desert Party. Made fastpass selection for each day so far and a couple dining plans.

Traveling solo and/or up for anything!
Looking for bar friends:
Looking for dining friends:

Several of us are doing the Highway in the sky May 30 if you are interested. See post above.

*Updated List 4/13/17*

AK Day on May 31st:

Please let me know if your plans have changed.

Option 1:
- AMusicLifeForMe – 2 people
- @GAN – 1 person
- @TheMaxRebo – 1 person
- @katmu – 1 person
- @SleepingRebecca - 1 person

Option 2:
- @bartleyosu – 2 people
- @wnwardii – 1 person
- @AngiTN – 3 people (possible option 1)
- @dina444444 – 1 person (possible option 1)
- @rteetz – 1 person

Festival of the Lion King 7 p.m. show (stand-by):
- AMusicLifeForMe – 2 people
- AngiTN – 3 people
- SleepingRebecca - 1 person (maybe)

If you would like to join us for Festival of the Lion King/Rivers of Light/Pandora EMH, please look at post #88 of this thread for more information.

If anyone wants to hit JellyRolls one night we'd welcome the company.

Just in the interest of disclosure, we can put a few drinks away. We don't get sloppy drunk and out of control, but we are likely to catch a buzz. So if you're not a drinker, we may not be the friends for you when it comes to going to the bar.

Love to go! I'm at the Dolphin so I am super flexible other than May 30th I'll be at the Dine in the Sky and my liver is a good little trooper.

Hi all. We just decided to attend a couple of days ago so I'm catching up on everything. We are essentially flying down for the party. We'll get in on the 31st and leave on the 2nd so not much time for meet ups and such unfortunately. The one thing we will need, though is transportation back to Pop after the party. If there's a place to organize that, count us in. There are 3 of us. This will be the first time in over 20 years that we are coming to Disney without our own car so this is foreign territory to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter