DIS 20th Anniversary *UN*OFFICIAL meet ups, events and make a friend thread.

I am thinking about heading over to Jellyrolls after the dessert party as well. Not sure how late I will stay as I am headed to morning EMH at AK the next morning.

Should we be wearing our credentials badge to identify ourselves to other DISers? Or should I only wear it to the main party?

Should we be wearing our credentials badge to identify ourselves to other DISers? Or should I only wear it to the main party?
I was just thinking about this very thing
Some may well not a chance to get their credentials for everything planned. Depends on when they can get by to pick them up.
I know I haven't quite figured out when we'll get ours. Pick up is where, a ball room at BWI Convention area?

Maybe we should try for one of the back tables so people can join as they come in. Keep in mind that they have a cover charge - $12.

The bar to the left (if your facing the stage) generally fills up last and it has a nice amount of room, seats along the railing and some tables near it.. You kind of need to walk around everyone from the entrance and most people are just too lazy to do it.

Yes I believe thats where it is going to be.
That's what I thought. We'll have to make a special effort to get there, that's for sure. Not a problem but will need to set a plan in motion once the particulars are announced with times and whatnot. Probably tack it on to an HS day. Probably have to let my short purple/pink hair and DH's signature Tennessee apparel be our credentials till we get them picked up ;)

I'm going to be wearing mine the whole week. We will be staying at the Boardwalk, so it will be easier for me to get mine than maybe some other people. That is if it will be there since I don't think it has been officially announced.

Not sure our plans will synch with the group, but here's what we're thinking at this point:

Animal Kingdom Pandora Meet-Up:
- Option #: 2?
- Disboards name: lowe@massed.net
- How many in your group: 2

Animal Kingdom Meet-Up:
- What time you plan to arrive at Animal Kingdom: Late afternoon/early evening
- Fastpass times/attractions acquired:
· FASTPASS: Na'vi River Journey – 7:10-8:10 p.m.
· FASTPASS: Rivers of Light – 9:50 p.m.-10:50 p.m. (Show starts at 10:30 p.m.)
- Dining reservations acquired: None. Will probably eat at Nomad Lounge between 4 and 5 p.m.

Kathy and Rick Lowe

Got it. Thanks. Looking forward to meeting you!

Based on your current Fastpass schedule, you will be showing up late to our Un*Official event. I haven't figured out the best way to figure out where we currently are yet for those that will be running late. Probably our Facebook group or on this thread will be the best choices. I just haven't thought to much into it yet.

I don' think so - the way Pete worded on the show yesterday was just that it was limited to 90 tickets and that you can buy them when they open up the registration for them

The lunch on the boat with Pete and others was something you had to bid on though

Too bad we couldn't find a stash of the old long John silvers paper pirate hats.

Have every body in the theatre wear one and take a group photo.

After watching the video of Happily Ever After, I'm trying to find some way to make it to the Magic Kingdom to see it twice on this trip. I find it to be amazing, and I only have videos to go by! I'm sure it's that much better in person! Hopefully I could get a way to see it during Craig's event, but still waiting on the sign-ups to go live!

having seen happily from the hub.. disunplugged video is the only one that comes even slightly close to capturing it and they still had shells not in the video... The fireworks are so high and so much coming from the castle (I think, tomorrow is to watch behind the castle for me)....

those thinking of watching from ttc, I think you might want to try to rework your schedule to catch this..

They also had a lot of the hub blocked off so I can't really say when is a good time but I will be checking out this show more over the next couple weeks so I'll come back with what a semi-normal weekday night looks like. since so many arrive on a wednesday and leaving before the weekend I'll make an effort to see it next wed to get an idea of what would be that safe time. I think that might be enough for crowds to calm a little since you could see both shows this week.

After watching the video of Happily Ever After, I'm trying to find some way to make it to the Magic Kingdom to see it twice on this trip. I find it to be amazing, and I only have videos to go by! I'm sure it's that much better in person! Hopefully I could get a way to see it during Craig's event, but still waiting on the sign-ups to go live!
I'm staying away from all reports and videos but I still plan to see it twice myself. We have actually done what I said I wouldn't do again, booked the dessert party (with garden viewing) so we had a certain spot, for one night. I hope to join in for Craig's event for another chance. From there it will be a matter of working in enough chance for Pandora and other things we want to fit in.

having seen happily from the hub.. disunplugged video is the only one that comes even slightly close to capturing it and they still had shells not in the video... The fireworks are so high and so much coming from the castle (I think, tomorrow is to watch behind the castle for me)....

those thinking of watching from ttc, I think you might want to try to rework your schedule to catch this..

They also had a lot of the hub blocked off so I can't really say when is a good time but I will be checking out this show more over the next couple weeks so I'll come back with what a semi-normal weekday night looks like. since so many arrive on a wednesday and leaving before the weekend I'll make an effort to see it next wed to get an idea of what would be that safe time. I think that might be enough for crowds to calm a little since you could see both shows this week.

the challenge would be is there time to see it from inside MK the night of the 1st and still get to EPCOT around 9:30 to check in

not really an issue for me - I don't have a park ticket so only way to see anything is from outside the park. I read one report from someone who watched it from the Poly beach and thought it was great from there - hopefully a report from the TTC comes in as well

the challenge would be is there time to see it from inside MK the night of the 1st and still get to EPCOT around 9:30 to check in

not really an issue for me - I don't have a park ticket so only way to see anything is from outside the park. I read one report from someone who watched it from the Poly beach and thought it was great from there - hopefully a report from the TTC comes in as well

I was trying to think of a way you might fit it in, but I know your not on hoppers. Express bus actually still runs to the parks even if they close for 1 or 2 more buses. I'll do the leg work to find out if this is possible but since you don't need a ticket for the party, I think express busing it to epcot is an option since they drop off at normal stops if the park your headed to is closed but they don't run for long after the other park closes. Although you would need another day on your ticket.. (themaxrebo is only getting a single day ticket for pandora)

I'll be more than happy to still stick with the TTC plan for anyone that really can't fit it in. I do want to see it from poly or ttc...

Last edited:
I was trying to think of a way you might fit it in, but I know your not on hoppers. Express bus actually still runs to the parks even if they close for 1 or 2 more buses. I'll do the leg work to find out if this is possible but since you don't need a ticket for the party, I think express busing it to epcot is an option since they drop off at normal stops if the park your headed to is closed but they don't run for long after the other park closes. Although you would need another ticket..

I'll be more than happy to still stick with the TTC plan for anyone that really can't fit it in. I do want to see it from poly or ttc...
I want to fit it in too. I have a park ticket but I would be okay with TTC/Poly viewing. I was just worried about time getting to Epcot from MK as I don't want to be late for the party.

I want to fit it in too. I have a park ticket but I would be okay with TTC/Poly viewing. I was just worried about time getting to Epcot from MK as I don't want to be late for the party.

If you want to be on time for 9:30, I can't think of a way to do both the same night. If you watch from back by the train station you might pull off an express monorail to epcot monorail and make it by 10.

Hi everyone! Board newbie, here.

When I first signed up for the board, I was browsing through some of the welcome stuff, and I saw something saying that DIS members wear a lime green Mickey sometimes in order to ID each other in the parks. Is this still a thing? If it is, perhaps we can wear those or put them on our bags in order to ID each other. I found the mention of this in the second post down in this thread, under "lime green":

https://www.disboards.com/threads/faqs-incl-avatars-sigs-finding-posts-cant-post-etc.1760755/

Katie

Hi everyone! Board newbie, here.

When I first signed up for the board, I was browsing through some of the welcome stuff, and I saw something saying that DIS members wear a lime green Mickey sometimes in order to ID each other in the parks. Is this still a thing? If it is, perhaps we can wear those or put them on our bags in order to ID each other. I found the mention of this in the second post down in this thread, under "lime green":

https://www.disboards.com/threads/faqs-incl-avatars-sigs-finding-posts-cant-post-etc.1760755/

Katie
It's not much of a thing anymore. For this party there will be credentials given out so people can be identified.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter