• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Dis Exclusive December Backstage Magic 12/14 - 12/19/2014!!!

I thought I'd pop in at say hi. I've been swamped at work and at home with so many little jobs and projects that i haven't had a chance to post anything yet.

I will be another one of your solo travellers (no one in my family has the Disney bug - they just tolerate my love for it :sad2:). This will be my 3rd ABD overall, 2nd with the DIS and my 2nd time doing BSM (the first being back in 2010 when DCA was well into construction). So I'm looking forward to seeing both parks not under construction and decorated for the holiday season. Oh, and the shopping at Mickey's of Glendale :goodvibes

Unfortunately, I will not be able to do pre-days as I'm required to be at work until that Saturday. So I'll be flying out on the Sunday morning. But the good news is my boss is generously allowing me tack on post days. Now I just have to figure out which day to fly home - right now I'm leaning towards leaving either on the Sunday or Monday on the red eye back to Toronto. Any thoughts?

That's it for me. Looking forward to meeting all of you in December

Did you think the 5 hour tour was interesting enough for a 16 year old girl? Description is pretty vague...thanks!

Planning Update: I'm arriving on Friday. It was a tough call whether to spend the pre days in DL or Hollywood. I decided on DL. It's ironic as I've been to DL a few times now, but every time I'm there I just don't get to spend a lot of time in the parks. It's always for a D23 Expo. It will be nice to spend a few days to just walk around and enjoy the atmosphere. If anyone's around at that time and wants to get together let me know!

It's going to be a busy Fall. We're heading to Napa (for the first time) in a month, Las Vegas for a meeting, and WDW for Thanksgiving. Still looking forward to our ABD the most by far. It's going to be great!

We haven't booked our flights yet, but expect to do so shortly. We won't be arriving until Saturday though because we are on PCC 5.0 just the week prior to that and the need to recover/wash/repack for this trip. We are doing one pre-night in Hollywood. At most we will do one post-night at DLR because we need to get back home for family coming in for the holidays.

Just booked our flights and this will be a quick one for us. We'll arrive at LAX on Saturday night about 9 pm so we won't get to the Loews until after 10:00 pm. I'm sure we will fall asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillow that nigh. Fortunately this is a non-stop flight from MCO.

On the other end, we are actually taking a red-eye non-stop out of LAX leaving on the Friday night at about 10 PM. That will leave us with most of the day on Friday to enjoy the park (with the ABD admission, saving us from having to buy admission for one day if we flew home on Saturday) before the limo will leave for the airport.

So, we will have only the Sunday to do stuff on our own before the ABD part starts Sunday night. That's OK since we've done this trip before...and are doing it again.

We have booked our flights and notified ABD and Kevin of the travel plans. We will arrive in LA late afternoon on Friday, 12/12. We fly home on Sunday, 12/21.

All of that washing/repacking is cutting into your travel schedule, Jeff. You and Val need to purchase some additional luggage and clothing.

All of that washing/repacking is cutting into your travel schedule, Jeff. You and Val need to purchase some additional luggage and clothing.

So true! With PCC 5.0 just a week before this trip plus having family visiting for the holiday, there's hardly time to nap. ;)

So true! With PCC 5.0 just a week before this trip plus having family visiting for the holiday, there's hardly time to nap. ;)

That's why I'm not doing 5.0. I'm using that week for naps while Tracey is working the cruise.

I'm arriving late Friday night and staying one night at an airport hotel then moving over the Loews for Saturday night.

I'm planning to spend Saturday and Sunday morning in the LA area. Still haven't decided exactly what I want to do for activities. I've done the Warner Brothers Studio Tour in the past and really enjoyed it so I was thinking of doing the Paramount Studio Tour this time.

Coming home I'm also taking a red eye back to the east coast on Friday night at just about midnight, so I'll have one last full day in Disneyland to enjoy. Although the thought of the pre-Christmas crowds is daunting - my back up plan is parking myself in Trader Sam's for the afternoon if the parks feel too claustrophobic!

We have firmed up our plans. We are flying into LAX Friday around noon. We are going to stay near Universal Friday night since we are going to do the Universal VIP tour Saturday I am really excited. Hopefully it's worth the money. Saturday night we'll head to Hollywood. Can't wait to see everyone.

We have firmed up our plans. We are flying into LAX Friday around noon. We are going to stay near Universal Friday night since we are going to do the Universal VIP tour Saturday I am really excited. Hopefully it's worth the money. Saturday night we'll head to Hollywood. Can't wait to see everyone.

Any plans for Sunday before the welcome dinner? Val & I aren't getting to LA until late Saturday night so we think we will just sleep in Sunday morning and then perhaps go to the Farmers Market or just wander Hollywood Blvd taking in the sights. Guessing a nap will also be involved sometime before the welcome dinner.

How much time would you figure I need on the last day of the trip? For us that will be a Friday and we had planned to stay thru the day on the 4th day of the ticket. From there I plan to go to Newport Beach for a few days but we have never been to DL so not sure if I need a FULL 4th day there or what time you would think ? thanks!

How much time would you figure I need on the last day of the trip? For us that will be a Friday and we had planned to stay thru the day on the 4th day of the ticket. From there I plan to go to Newport Beach for a few days but we have never been to DL so not sure if I need a FULL 4th day there or what time you would think ? thanks!

If you've never been to DL then YES you do need the FULL 4th day there. Keep in mind that the other days will be busy with some organized activities (although there is free time) and you'll certainly want to check out the parts of the parks you don't see enough of.

If you've never been to DL then YES you do need the FULL 4th day there. Keep in mind that the other days will be busy with some organized activities (although there is free time) and you'll certainly want to check out the parts of the parks you don't see enough of.

thanks! so what time do you think a full 4th day would wrap up for us? Is 5 pm enough or would you stay here for the night THEN transfer over to Newport Beach the following day for 2 full days there? We won't have a car so I was sort of just planning on Newport Beach, Balboa Island but not sure how much there is to do there to warrant staying 2.5 full days before flying home.

thanks! so what time do you think a full 4th day would wrap up for us? Is 5 pm enough or would you stay here for the night THEN transfer over to Newport Beach the following day for 2 full days there? We won't have a car so I was sort of just planning on Newport Beach, Balboa Island but not sure how much there is to do there to warrant staying 2.5 full days before flying home.

That's a difficult question. You may find yourself worn out by 5 pm or you may hang on until midnight. :)

I'll bet your Newport Beach hotel is cheaper than an additional night at the GC so I'd just play that day by ear. Stay at DL as long as you want, then catch a cab to Newport Beach.

What time is the welcome dinner on the first night? We are planning on seeing Wicked at 1pm Sunday and its a 3 hour show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter