Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

Or here....although we are a few minutes away from the Bowl and its cooled down to 85°.

Been either side of 100* here the last couple of weeks with few exceptions. And of course the state is on fire.... :sad1: Very scary stuff.

I just came off a marathon 6-day work week. I am SO behind on household chores!! Hubby and I both have tomorrow off so our big "date" is going to be Starbucks in the morning and then food shopping. :scratchin I leave for my dad's in 10 days, and spend a day/night at WDW in 15. :jumping1: After the summer I've had, I'm so ready! I'm staying at Pop Century (a first) and decided to splurge and made a dinner ressie at Boma (my fave). Can't. Wait.

Oh, in other news, working in the camp kitchen finally caught up with me last week: a very sharp prep knife and the tip of my finger had a very close encounter. And I'll just leave that right there..... :faint:

Last edited:
...it was sooooo much fun!!! And, my brother did a great job.....we were all at WL, but we (my sister and I) returned last night, while my brother and his family switched from WL to the Poly....they are DVC owners.
I love WL. DH hasn't stayed there yet. He loves AKL too much to switch. :rolleyes1

I've officially received my last bill for DS' school. He's 18 now and heading towards final exams. Where did the time go?
Congratulations!

Been either side of 100* here the last couple of weeks with few exceptions. And of course the state is on fire.... :sad1: Very scary stuff. ... Oh, in other news, working in the camp kitchen finally caught up with me last week: a very sharp prep knife and the tip of my finger had a very close encounter. And I'll just leave that right there..... :faint:
Ouch! Heal quickly! :hug: It's only 96°F here. It's supposed to get up to 102°F today. :faint: (Where's the I'm melting smiley when you need it?)

We're starting to get excited. Our WDW vacay is less than a month away! party:

I love WL. DH hasn't stayed there yet. He loves AKL too much to switch. :rolleyes1.....
....well, my DH has stayed at WL, but he too loves AKL too much to stay anywhere else.....let's put it this way: we stayed at BWV for the F&WF back in October [I figured this location is PERFECT for World Showcase]. He absolutely did not like BWV.....my guess is that he wasn't fond of the fact that every time we wanted to get food or a snack, we had to go OUTSIDE...

I absolutely could not pick a single DVC resort that we would always stay at.

Here in Cape May NJ we are missing most heavy downpours which I am very thankful for. Our pond has a serious issue when it overflows, and the problem needs to be fixed so our goldfish will not be stressed.

...Here in Cape May NJ we are missing most heavy downpours which I am very thankful for. Our pond has a serious issue when it overflows, and the problem needs to be fixed so our goldfish will not be stressed.
.....ridiculous how this rain just hasn't let up....my DS is in Savannah; his flight was supposed to leave at 8:46 this morning, but it was CANCELED TIL WEDNESDAY! So, they're renting a car and driving home....he probably won't be home til midnight.

....well, my DH has stayed at WL, but he too loves AKL too much to stay anywhere else.....let's put it this way: we stayed at BWV for the F&WF back in October [I figured this location is PERFECT for World Showcase]. He absolutely did not like BWV.....my guess is that he wasn't fond of the fact that every time we wanted to get food or a snack, we had to go OUTSIDE...
:rotfl2:BWV is perfect for World Showcase! Guess AKL just spoils them too much!

Here in Cape May NJ we are missing most heavy downpours which I am very thankful for. Our pond has a serious issue when it overflows, and the problem needs to be fixed so our goldfish will not be stressed.
:hug: Hugs, prayers, and pixie dust that the heavy downpours keep missing y'all! Take care of the goldfish.

.....ridiculous how this rain just hasn't let up....my DS is in Savannah; his flight was supposed to leave at 8:46 this morning, but it was CANCELED TIL WEDNESDAY! So, they're renting a car and driving home....he probably won't be home til midnight.
I'm about 3 hours away from Savannah. Wishing him safe travels!

It's been stormy here too. Wednesday's storm took out our transformer at 9:13 pm. Across the street neighbors thought they'd been hit by lightning and called the fire department. After seeing flashing red and blue lights on the road, I headed out to see what was going on. I spoke with an officer, pointed out the transformer lid and pieces of insulator in the street and told him that I heard the transformer blow. (BIL used to work for the power company. I know the sound because he'd point it out.) You'd have thought I was psychic or Wonder Woman. :rotfl2:Got power back the next morning just in time for DH to open the garage door so he could leave for work. The lightning strike also claimed our internet router and landline phone system. :headache: We're not even mentioning the pool overflowing. Not going there. :rolleyes1

Thursday's storm took out the power for the house, fried the new internet router and a printer, and messed up the repaired landline. :headache::headache::headache: (Yes, we have everything on surge protectors. Replaced all of the surge protectors for the damaged/fried equipment. The office supply store where we bought the new printer and landline phone system should make us customers of the month!)

Let's just say that thunder makes me jump and grab a flashlight right now. :scared::scared1::headache:

Yikes! To hear about all your plights on the East Coast makes me glad I live in the middle of the cities in CA.no fires too close and no floods either. Prayers to you all that you all come through OK.

Hope everyone is safe!!!!

Me too! We never got any rain yesterday.

It’s a bit cooler, less humidity this morning.

We have not heard when the pond is scheduled to be fixed, but for now, we have kept the water level at a good place. The fish are quite happy, you can just tell!

I've officially received my last bill for DS' school. He's 18 now and heading towards final exams. Where did the time go?
Congratulations on the last bill for school and I know how time flies, my DS is now 31.

Oh, in other news, working in the camp kitchen finally caught up with me last week: a very sharp prep knife and the tip of my finger had a very close encounter. And I'll just leave that right there..... :faint:

Ouch, that's no fun at all.

:wave:

How's it going?

:wave:

Good to see you stop by again! Hope things are going well for you!

Life continues as normal here. We're coming up to the last 3 months before final exams. Been doing a few university visits (Melbourne based) as well. I think DS has narrowed his choices down to Melbourne University. It's now all down to whether he makes the grade for acceptance or not.
Going to be a loooooooong 3 months!

Hope everyone is well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter