DISappearing Peeps meets

Also, its time for me to order DD a birthday cake -

I wonder how Peeps would feel about a cake at Ohana? How many peeps are going to be there?
MMMMM, cake! YUMMY. I would love one of those slipper desserts too. How much are they? I may want to order one for DD actually.

Slipper desserts are $12.something I believe - but you have to be at GF - I think there are ressies at the Tea one day :confused3

Aries - feel free to add my cell number to the newsletter!! (love your scrapbook job btw!!)

Slipper desserts are $12.something I believe - but you have to be at GF - I think there are ressies at the Tea one day :confused3

Aries - feel free to add my cell number to the newsletter!! (love your scrapbook job btw!!)

yea did we decide on tea for the peeps? im so confused :rotfl:

Celerystalker has tea ressies for the 26th. I am not sure how many people are signed up from the MOOvers and Peeps threads. I will PM her to see if there are any spaces left :)

Sorry I haven't been posting on the Peeps thread much, ladies. It is SO hard for me to keep up there, but I am still very much looking forward to meeting you!

Me too MoO!! I realized I was spending time moping around and try to stay motivated with the Peep loser thread!

Nice to see you around

I've lost no weight!!

Hello!!! I just had this total sad gut feeling we've hurt people's feelings by talking about the meet on the Peep thread. So I'm subscribing here again so I can be EXCITED without my peeps friends who aren't going being sad.

I'm a total dork. But really!:grouphug:

Can we wear Lime Green shirts for the meet since the t-shirts are out? It was Moo's idea. Whatdya think? It'd make for a cute picture.

Hello!!! I just had this total sad gut feeling we've hurt people's feelings by talking about the meet on the Peep thread. So I'm subscribing here again so I can be EXCITED without my peeps friends who aren't going being sad.

I'm a total dork. But really!:grouphug:

Can we wear Lime Green shirts for the meet since the t-shirts are out? It was Moo's idea. Whatdya think? It'd make for a cute picture.

Great minds think alike. I was just coming here to post the same thing.

I vote for green too. I still have one shirt that is the right color that fits me...I think. May have to go shopping :rolleyes1

Well I'm glad someone is here - because when I get lonely - and want to talk to someone, I just give up and call!! :rotfl2:

I did post that you can get lime green shirts on sale at Layne Bryant - I'm sure WalMart and Target may have some too - but dont forget JoAnn Fabrics also has tshirt to decorate - as well as Hobby Lobby and Michaels!!

I've got my green!! I like a v - neck that's why I was looking - I know if you go to the one board on dis igning or some cute name - there is a sticky on how to create an iron on - and you can totally snag designs etc (I've not done it since its just us 3, and I dont want to push my luck with dh!! :rotfl2: Altho I really reallly should do the Mickey tye dyes!)

I'm on another message board of friendly Disney lovers that often post from various sources - and sometimes this does get posted on tgm - but my disclaimer is its not from tgm! its from a mousical magic place!!

Detroit entertainment lawyer Gregory Reed had just finished turning a shovel of dirt at the groundbreaking ceremony for the Rosa Parks Museum in Montgomery, Ala., in April 1998 when he noticed a man staring at him from the crowd.

A few moments later, Reed recalled, the man walked up to him and said, "I believe you should have these."

Reed, a longtime lawyer for Parks, whose refusal to give up her seat on a Montgomery bus in 1955 resulted in her arrest and sparked the modern civil rights movement, said he glanced at the documents, but didn't realize what he was holding until a few minutes after the man had disappeared into the crowd.

Reed said the man had given him the Dec. 1, 1955, fingerprints and booking cards that the Montgomery police filled out the day they arrested Parks. The documents contain Parks' signature, the names of the arresting officers, her husband's name and their address.

The man told Reed he had found the documents in the trash behind the police station, apparently in the 1970s or 1980s. Parks died in 2005 at age 92.

On Sept. 28, the documents will go on display in a National Treasures exhibit at Epcot Center at Disney World in Florida. The exhibit will include memorabilia of famous Americans including Mark Twain, Jackie Robinson, George Washington Carver, Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Edison.

Reed, through the Keeper of the Word Foundation that he founded in 1996, loaned the documents to Disney World for the exhibit.

Disney approached museums and foundations across the country to find artifacts, said Rick Sylvain, a spokesman for Disney World.

Reed said the Parks' fingerprint card and arrest sheet have been displayed publicly only once -- for about 1,000 people who attended a speech Reed gave in January at Michigan State University.

Reed said he counts himself fortunate to have received the artifacts and share them with others: "There's an obligation to take note of this moment and time in American history."

I have to recheck my adr's, best parks, and plans - I really want dd to see this!! (I am taking her out of school!!)

Do y'all know there is a new O Canada movie??

Martin Short is in it...
The 2006 Canadian
Idol winner Eva Avila sings 'Canada, You're a Lifetime Journey', the music of
O Canada!. "Our goal was to strike the right balance between the vibrant
cosmopolitan cities and the natural beauty that characterize Canada,"
according to Imagineer David Katzman, who led the film's production. "We look
forward to showcasing all its beauty and splendour to guests visiting the
Canada pavillion at Epcot".... Coordinating and collecting new aerial footage required Disney Imagineers
to study the weather patterns to pinpoint the best windows of opportunity for
shooting. "We filmed at Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal and Niagara
Falls with one day to plan and one day to shoot at each location," said
Imagineering line producer, Linda Folsom. "We got lucky - we only had one day
of rain and plenty of sunshine."

see lots to learn at Disney!!

Uma, I had the same concern that you did, but I posted on the regular thread anyway :rolleyes: I already have a couple lime green shirts and figured others probably had one too, since it has been a popular color the last year or so.

Did the itinerary email go out yet? Just want to make sure it didn't go to my junkmail folder.

I havent gotten it yet -

I did get an email from Disney - because I complained about the dining plan changes next year!! (come on reduce the price by $5 and give us a choice of either app or dessert!! imho)

I'm so not ready!

I don't mind the DDP changes. I think it's still a heck of a deal....I guess we all got spoiled. Just think if they didn't offer one at all! Which would be crazy on Disney's part of course but it could happen. Since we eat at mostly buffets the loss of the appetizer won't effect us. I also plan to use my Disney Rewards for tips. We always end up paying OOP for 3-5 meals each trip we are excited to use the deluxe plan next Dec. I'm glad they added that!! :thumbsup2

I thought so too - until a poster on the review thread posted how much OOP was for 4 ($206) how much his appetizer and tips were ($76) and how much the daily plan will be $39 - Dont quote me on the prices - but his math had me rethinking purchasing the plan in '08 - (we're going in Jan) one thing, if I purchase the plan, I will not tip 18% on buffets.

I agree if its free, then, work it - call it half price, but its NOT "free" I guess I remember when we first went and the rooms were so cheap - we got the Polynesian for $99 a night!! so to pay rack rate, and pay for the DP - wwyd? if you get 40% off code for a room - it would be cheaper to go that rate and pay oop for food -

or do we go "deluxe" dining?? again, gotta figure that tip! If we eat $200 of food - it has to be figured into the cost per day of the plan... math confuses me!!

2 weeks from now y'all will be having your meet!
and I might be there! heh.
I will be, coincidentally, in lime green since that's the day I've chosen to wear my celerystalker shirt.
Just look for the chick with green on and some print you can't figure out - it's celery! and it's me!!

Yea my thing is the tipping I tip 18 to 20 percent but try and figure that out for every meal next year it can get a little pricey.. I like the whole idea of not having to worry that it was included, if we are paying tip they should just tack it to the room so I dont have to worry.... Just my opinion

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter