Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I opened it up yesterday, to see if perhaps Heidi had posted while i was gone. Alas, the last 10 or so pages were largely Steve and Phil chatting. No sign of Heidi.
Bless her.
She messaged me about 6-months before she passed -she was having issues with the Patreon billing system. All I can say is if she were here for this ...oh boy! I keep waiting for her to channel me somehow.... 🤔

She messaged me about 6-months before she passed -she was having issues with the Patreon billing system. All I can say is if she were here for this ...oh boy! I keep waiting for her to channel me somehow.... 🤔
When hinges creak in doorless chambers…yup, that will be your sign

If there was ever gonna be a friendly haunt in real life, it would be her❤️

Last edited:
I tried to be clever about it , but once I saw that they were letting the chat with very little moderation I guessed that that was their way of acknowledging what was going on without actually saying anything themselves.

I felt sorry for those in the chat calling us all trolls, I hope now they know whats going on and understand how serious it all is.
Even if it was accurate information, I'd still consider it trolling. I wasn't there for the live show, but I'm sure it made it more difficult for everyone involved. Not exactly the best method of getting the "word out" in my opinion. But that's only one persons opinion.....

Even if it was accurate information, I'd still consider it trolling. I wasn't there for the live show, but I'm sure it made it more difficult for everyone involved. Not exactly the best method of getting the "word out" in my opinion. But that's only one persons opinion.....
Yah…I hear you. I was present for the live chat, but didn’t participate. There was nothing I could add or say that wouldn’t have confused things more. I felt bad for the crew too as they clearly knew about the allegations but had zero ability to respond to them. They are employees being guided by legal. Their hearts were hurting but their hands were tied

That being said…I don’t think that hurt to the crew or community was the goal of those bringing the claims up. There was no other space where the topic could be brought up for awareness. On FB…deleted. On here…deleted. If you can’t get those in charge to respond to single voices, you sometimes need the community to get involved. They did get the job done there. As ugly and uncomfortable as it was, there was no way to quiet the topic after that live chat. Yah… I get why they did it

So what would be the best method of getting the word out?

Posting to these boards would have gotten an immediate permaban. Not sure where they could post so that enough people saw it and not get banned at the same time.

I hope that a gaggle of the webmasters will reconsider their former conduct and recognise that some of their responses and behaviours were disproportionate, indeed tantamount to bullying. I suggest that they were particularly harsh in their responses to those outside the USA.
This moment could be a line in the sand where John and Corey clearly communicate the values of the company to those volunteering as Webmasters and Mods. Might I add, this would also be a wonderful time to add some diversity to the staff. :)

I just want to highlight these two quotes.

I would agree with this. I remember reporting a troll on the Disers of Color thread who was posting racist and hurtful content. A few of us reported their posts.

To my shock, I got reprimanded by a Webmaster for this. My posts asking the troll to move along were deleted - and the racist posts did not get removed for quite some time.

It made me seriously question the views and values of the company.

This moment could be a line in the sand where John and Corey clearly communicate the values of the company to those volunteering as Webmasters and Mods. Might I add, this would also be a wonderful time to add some diversity to the staff. :)

Wow... wow. Terrible.

Unfortunately, I can probably guess which "webmaster" it was.

I also don't think it's a coincidence that now every time I log into this site, it slows to an absolute crawl. Doesn't matter which computer or phone I'm using. Not logged in - runs perfectly smooth. Logged in? Crawling and crashing constantly. Never happened before...

Last edited:
So what would be the best method of getting the word out?

Posting to these boards would have gotten an immediate permaban. Not sure where they could post so that enough people saw it and not get banned at the same time.
I found out through these boards, and found the information without any issue. I'm assuming dozens of others figured out the same way....

There was no other space where the topic could be brought up for awareness. On FB…deleted. On here…deleted.
After a while the chat did get a bit wild, but remember that the moderators of the podcast had the ability to delete chat posts in real time and rarely did. If they were OK with what was being posted, we should be too. It started innocently enough with a statement by someone who said: "I wonder if they are going to address the allegations?" That was all it took for me to do a quick search, find the Orange County records and the "other site." And remember also that this question came as Craig was informing everyone that the podcast was packing up and moving out of Casa Pete. What better timing to raise the question? So I agree with @wiihoo888 that this really was the best place to get the information out. Also, the information on the other site had been out there since around November, 2022. The stories of abuse and bullying were almost a year old, but this site made it a capital offense to even refer to any of that. While what we are discussing here may be "new" to many/most of us, it had been addressed, including first-hand accounts by Sean, almost a year ago. Just goes to show how effective this site was at shielding people from that information, and how strong the bubble is here. The bubble needed to be popped and I can't think of a better way to do that than the YT Live Chat that was monitored by the Podcast Crew. They got the final say in what was published and they apparently agreed that the timing was right.

I found out through these boards, and found the information without any issue. I'm assuming dozens of others figured out the same way....
...but you only found out through these boards because the Moderators made a conscious decision to begin allowing discussion fo the topic, and they made that decision because the chat let the cat out of the bag. Without the chat comments, do you think that this discussion would have arisen organically? Again, remember that most of this information was almost a year old, and the financial stuff was 6 months old. It wasn't late-breaking news.

That’s exactly how I described it to my husband when I was trying to tell him what was going down- a less trashy Tiger King.

"Less trashy" is debatable.

He was never as well off as he wanted everyone to believe. Makes that one podcast about how he has "earned" everything he has via "hard work" so he deserves all these nice things and expensive trips a real slap in the face to his audience. I'd really like to know how one racks up nearly $1M on one credit card in just a few months. Unbelievable.

I think Kevin and John could have a very successful show, even if it was only the two of them. They both are hilarious and Kevin is a great story teller.

And tbh I think Pete could easily carry his own show as well. He could come back from everything and relaunch another business and do his own show.

I also don't think it's a coincidence that now every time I log into this site, it slows to an absolute crawl. Doesn't matter which computer or phone I'm using. Not logged in - runs perfectly smooth. Logged in? Crawling and crashing constantly. Never happened before...

Same thing is happening to me, its taken me almost 10 minutes to quote your post and reply.

I think Kevin and John could have a very successful show, even if it was only the two of them. They both are hilarious and Kevin is a great story teller.
As are we all, John and Kevin are getting older and they aren't emotionally invested in amusement parks enough to carry a WDW show. Yes, I could listen to Kevin talk about pretty much anything, but I think that even he would admit that the current direction of WDW and the IP that it is now capitalizing on isn't his jam.
And tbh I think Pete could easily carry his own show as well. He could come back from everything and relaunch another business and do his own show.
Would the show be produced by Harvey Weinstein? No. Just...no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter