Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Admit I'm not the first to say this but I really hate seeing people making negative comments about employees and even moderators and what they should or shouldn't have known or should or shouldn't have said. Even speculation about the other owners isn't really fair. No one has come out and said the KNEW things.

The blame here should fall on the one individual alone.

But we don't know that for sure. Charles just said "few enabled him". Doesn't that mean at least someone did? Charles was told what happened, is it out of the realm of possibility others were?

Nothing definitive should be said, but speculation is fair... particularly when we have no official comments and those who no longer work there are sharing their stories.

It’s not that they don’t believe. It’s that they don’t care. It doesn’t matter to them if someone is a criminal or a sexual predator or a drug addict or a compulsive liar. They know all of that and still support and follow and vote for the person.

Listen.....some people still think OJ is innocent. I was gonna use another name but......

And I feel compelled to say that I am in no way endorsing 95% of the stuff that is bantered about on those threads. Be forewarned that it is a cage match, MMA mentality over there. Stick to the posts made by Sean and Dustin and a few other anonymous former DIS employees and you will find what you are looking for. There is a lot of sick, unnecessary junk over there that can (and probably should) be glossed over quicky.
relax

Could PW make a claim for defamation of character or libel against posters on this forum or the other one? Presumably, as ‘Owner’ of this board he would be able to access posters’ registered details.
I mean, he could try but lawyers cost money (he doesn't have) and he would have to prove damages. If a post was completely falsified or claiming to be someone they weren't it could be at risk but I don't see your run of the mill comments being at risk.
They only removed those videos after they were called out. They made money on one dressed up for an “urban party”. Even if they apologized- they now exploit those children for $$ instead.
I hope everyone that talks like this never watches movies with child actors in them.
I’m personally more than a little concerned about my reservation for next Spring. My Dreams TA has been great so far, but I’m wondering about the not-so-distant future financial stability of the travel agency.

More than anything, I don’t want PW getting any of my money. I have no issue with my TA getting their piece. As stated, they have been great so far. I’m starting to realize I’m probably boxed in with Dreams regardless on this trip.

I want to hear from John in an official manner.
There was an email from Dreams that someone posted earlier in the thread. Your payments go directly to the company you are booked with so even if Dreams disappeared tomorrow, your money would still be there with the appropriate company.

Regarding the PW stuff, nothing has been said and I'm guessing we won't hear anything until it's finalized.

my sponsor in an addiction recovery program. [...]

he decided to be my sponsor (after initially thinking I was hot and then finding out I was straight) [...]

helping me would be making amends for what he did to you.
I'm sure you know this, but for anyone reading along:

If someone goes from 13th-stepping you to being your Sponsor when it was clear there would be no reciprocation, that's bad. And that's in addition to the fact that 13th-stepping is just bad.

I've also never seen or heard anyone write/say that Sponsorship was a way of making amends to a third party. Ever. Well, until today anyway.

I'm glad you were healthy enough at that point to see those things. Not everyone would have been, especially if that happens to be in early sobriety.

Actually, that will take you to the current state of affairs. Once you get to that place, search for "#3" to get to the beginning. It is a very long read, but you will get the story from the beginning. "Chinese Food" is #7. There is a lot before that.

Pete once had great Chinese food. You could Google that.

Edit: Oops, sorry, none of the other suggestions were up when I posted, but I see a flood of them now.

The very first post in the "Chinese Food" thread has links to previous posts with Sean's 1st part of his story as well as Dustin's statement.

I’m saddened and disappointed by all this. As a listener/poster of the Dis since early 2018 this entire debacle floored me. No one knows who knew what, how much they knew, or when they discovered anything so please give them all a break and a lot of room. There are major companies that have huge teams of people, attorneys, PR people, marketing people and consultants who manage events like this.

This all started to really come out last week and they still had to manage Dreams Unlimited Travel, the Dis Unplugged show last week, run the ABD trip this week, the Dis event this weekend, move the studio while they are away for a week, and still manage the fallout of the events involving Pete. As I said, give them a lot of room - they are juggling a lot right now.

Some people are looking at people leaving DUT/The Dis as if it’s s conspiracy of some kind. Deni left to work at GKTW. Jackie moved back to Seattle. Yes, some left because of the bad things that happened but people move on to other jobs. They get better offers, better situations, better perks, better positions, better money.

I’m someone who notices everything. In the five years I have been a part of The Dis community, I saw a lot of red flags. Taking each one at face value they didn’t raise any alarms. In hindsight, taking them all together, the alarms are going off like crazy. Even Craig announcing they were moving the studio raised a red flag but not any alarms. I know the studio is in 2 bedrooms, about 10 feet wide. There is no way Kevin can get his scooter in there. I know, I have a scooter. What Craig said made sense.

But here’s the thing. Things change. That’s the only constant in life, change. The Dis will change. Let’s see what changes before doing anything.
Couldn't agree more Danielle....

I wouldn't think so, but you make a good point. Obviously, it clearly doesn't look good for PW but he still hasn't addressed these things. Being a horrible boss/person doesn't constitute a crime. Make S advances in a "relationship" isn't necessarily a crime. SF was in a relationship with him -albeit a pretty horrible one by my understanding. According to Wiki, DW had a "relationship" as well ...and what PW did creeps even me out. Which is why most of us probably choose to not share sleeping arrangements with co-workers, and if that were to happen(I'm speaking for myself only) there is one way to stop that type of behavior in its tracks. Whether DW did that or not isn't really clear from what I've seen. Without question, both situations are awful but I've heard one side ...with the addition of dozens of others theorizing this and that. Personally, I'm not ready to destroy the livelihood of a few because of the actions of one -not yet anyway.
If you go on the other site and read what Dustin has actually written -- I think you might change your view a little.

PW only made these moves on people at the beginning of an overseas trip. Keep in mind these guys were not of any financial means, so bolting out of a foreign country back to the US on short notice is horrendously expensive. Nevermind you would be essentially quitting your job. And let's face it -- women have a hard enough time with getting victim blamed -- how do you think a guy would be treated in this instance?

According to Dustin -- he made it very clear that he told Pete at the beginning he wasn't gay. But he found himself being groomed and exploited, and little by little, he found himself in precarious situations and didn't know what to do at that point.

What shocks me to no end is the fact that John has not come out with a statement either here or blast emailed to all current and former clients saying that Pete has been separated from DU and that continuing to business with DU will in now way shape of form benefit Pete financially. Doesn't he realize how many booking he is losing and going to lose from people who will refuse to close a deal with DU as long as they remain uncertain of this one fact? Either he hasn't yet separated Pete from the possibility of financial gain, (which would mean that he cannot make the type of statement I suggest because it isn't true), or he is getting the worst crisis management advice of all time. 🤔
my guess is that this information is not as widespread as we might think it is. Very few people read these boards regularly -- so they're probably hoping by not saying anything -- they do not unnecessarily open pandora's box.

I wonder how that happens legally. Do the victims need to take action themselves? Or do they report it to the District Attorney?
Sean mentioned speaking to an attorney and was told the statute of limitations had already run. Not sure if that is actually the case or not, as criminal law is nowhere close to my expertise.

Given what has happened in the past with the Trackers and MK, I would not be shocked if Disney becomes aware of this situation and it impacts the Dis credentials in some way.

Other people I know who are huge Disney fans are becoming aware of this scandal. Just from a management perspective, I cannot believe they went to CA without somehow addressing the situation. John is posting Instagram pictures from the park and people are on his website saying there were hidden cameras in the studio. Absolutely nuts.

my guess is that this information is not as widespread as we might think it is. Very few people read these boards regularly -- so they're probably hoping by not saying anything -- they do not unnecessarily open pandora's box.
And that would fall into the second option I hypothesized...that he is getting the worst crisis management advise of all time. 'Bury your head in the sand in hopes that no one finds out about this"...said no crisis manager ever in the age of the internet!

I hope you’re wrong.

Given what has happened in the past with the Trackers and MK, I would not be shocked if Disney becomes aware of this situation and it impacts the Dis credentials in some way.

Other people I know who are huge Disney fans are becoming aware of this scandal. Just from a management perspective, I cannot believe they went to CA without somehow addressing the situation. John is posting Instagram pictures from the park and people are on his website saying there were hidden cameras in the studio. Absolutely nuts.
Wait they actually went to Disneyland for the meet up anyway? lol no way

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter