Disappointment at HIFS

Elle,
I think you are right on! If you have traveled a little bit, you know there are a LOT of nice places to stay (escpecially in hotel saturated Orlando!) I don't have unreasonabley high expectations - but I expect to get what I paid for - without a whole lot of unpleasant surprises. During my stay at HIFS- I had plenty of them (It's been nearly 3 weeks and no response from them to my complaint letter). If more people would speak up and let all corporations - not just HIFS-- know that they expect quality, perhaps the companies would begin to provide it.

Now I'm even more confused.

N'vergone, in your earlier post you stated that your reservations were at the Holiday Inn Sunspree, not the HIFS.

Maybe your sister, TTBells, was also at the Sunspree? I have read several negative reviews on that hotel.

Elle, I'll agree that vacation homes may be a great option for some people, particularly large families. I personally just prefer a full service resort.

And, just for the record, we travel 4-5 times a year and have stayed in the finest hotels and resorts throughout the world. We went to HIFS for a fun family vacation and that's exactly what we got during both of our stays there. I have suggested this hotel to three families this year and all of them were very happy with both the rate and the accommodations.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. I just don't get it.

PLEASE !!!! POst the addresses of the HIFI oyu stayed at . There are several and it would be nice to know which one. Thanks!!

Was booked into Sunspree, but cancelled after all the bad posts on this board, then booked into HIFS, all this through AAA travel, After TTbells called me from HIFS, cancelled whole trip w/ AAA b/c they could only book w/ certain hotels that seemed similar to holiday Inns or less. Have now booked trip on my own @ Vistana Resorts, have called and asked to be placed in the newer area(tip from reading post on this board) 2 bedroom(w/ real walls) 2 bath w/ full kitchen(w/d) and living room for $1.00 more a night than I would have paid @ the holiday Inns. I too have traveled and stayed in some fine hotels, but wherever I stay I do expect good customer service and to be treated decently.

N'vergone,

The Vistana resorts are excellent properties and I hope you enjoy your stay! They have been offering some excellent deals lately.

Preb

We will agree to disagree, if we all agreed with each other the world would pretty boring, for what it's worth the HIFS is a perfectly good hotel for half the rack rate, the levels of service, courtesy, bargin basement rooms etc are ok if thats what you want and you do not mind paying over the odds for it, the only reason I could think of in favour of staying here instead of a vacation home would be the breakfast and maid service, weigh those up with benefits of more space, luxurious surroundings, privacey, exclusivety, freedom and lots lots more and I cannot see that HIFS is VFM (value for money)
Elle
Great thread by the way!

Elle, I would add on-site restaurants and activities for the kids (playground, kids pool, game room, kids "programs") to the list of benefits for a resort vrs a home. For a large family that will be spending most of their time at the parks, a vacation home may, in fact, be a better option. We have a 2 year old, so we plan a more leisurely pace on vacation and spend lots of time using the resorts facilities.

Preb,
Ahhha, now "on site" is not HIFS you pay a premium to have the on site entertainment,
and I agree with your comments, there are however resorts such as Emerald Island Resort and Wyndham Palms popping up with all these on site facilities.
Elle

By on-site I mean at the resort, not at Disney. Most resorts offer full service restaurants and a variety of "entertainment" options.

There is another thread on this board full of people asking questions about vacation homes. I'm sure they would value some of your expertise!

preb,
I apologise for reading your post in haste and getting the wrong end of the stick:(
Elle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter