Discounted Annual Passes

I've just been looking through the more detailed information posted to the Member website yesterday. Does anyone know what they mean by this?

To take advantage of this special offer:
  • Call Member Services at (800) ********
  • Click here to purchase online through the Walt Disney World Ticket Store
  • Visit any Guest Relations or Vacation Planning location at The Walt Disney World Resort

emmababy said:
Can someone explain to me how it's different?

Because for a renewal you haven't paid for anything yet. You're not upgrading an existing voucher. You're just renewing your AP and they have always allowed you to go from a regular AP to a PAP. All the distress has been about people that already paid for a voucher and now, instead of just exchanging it for the AP they bought want to upgrade using this better deal.

UKDEB said:
I've just been looking through the more detailed information posted to the Member website yesterday. Does anyone know what they mean by this?

No I don't know what that means. Any ticketing /guest relations location inside or outside the park can handle it.

Also wanted to add that a renewed AP cost less than the $399 PAP offer. According to CF they can upgrade if the current ticket does not cost more than the promotion price. Both myself and my DH are planning to upgrade our current APs to the new promotion because both of our APs were purchased as renewals during the year. CF posted that this can be done and yesterday someone posted that they were also allowed to do this. While I'm happy to be able to do the upgrade, like others I am also sitting on 2 AP vouchers for my granddaughters that I bought for them this summer to use in May 2013. I will have to hold on to them until May 2015 before they will be able to use them. Their mom will be buying them the PAP AP in May 2013 - May 2014 and they will not need new APs until 2015. I've been reading everything posted on this since it began yesterday. I keep watching to see if anyone has tried to upgrade their regular AP vouchers for the new PAP ticket. So far, I've not seen anyone post that they have tried yet.

Any ticketing /guest relations location inside or outside the park can handle it.
Well, the wording is new, which is what intrigues me. I read the following a couple of weeks ago on AllEars' AP page. I'm hoping the revised wording means the facility has been reinstated. I'm going to give Member Services a call later.

UPDATE: As of the last resort computer software update, Lobby Concierge at the Disney Resorts was able to sell Annual Passes. Disney discovered after they began doing this that the two computer systems didn't communicate too well to each other. In March of 2012, the sale and issuance of Annual Pass media at the resorts was halted.

Got off the phone with Eric at MS earlier today, and was told the following:

• Child APs do still exist, however they are now the same price as the adult AP
  • Total price of the child or adult PAP is $424.94, including tax.
  • If child turns 10 AFTER any (non-expired) admission ticket has been activated, simply go to any GS and get it updated to an adult ticket for the remaining use, no add'l charge ($ won't matter for new tix, but policy is still in effect for previous purchases)
  • If child turns 10 BEFORE admission ticket has been activated, go to any GS and get it updated to an adult ticket FOR AN ADD'L CHARGE, BASED ON THE THEN-CURRENT PRICE OF A TICKET. This is important if you have someone that will "age out" during the time period. My DGS is 9, and we have trips planned before and after his birthday. If I purchase a child's PAP but do not activate it before his birthday, I WILL HAVE TO PAY THE $ DIFFERENCE to an adult PAP. Since his 10th birthday is AFTER Dec 31, 2012, that will be a significant cost. I asked if I could purchase an adult AP for him as I was unsure when we would activate it, and I was told "yes".
  • You can only purchase PAPs for household members (as always). However, you ARE permitted to buy multiple PAP vouchers for each household member. Thus, if you know you will activate one this calendar year and then again next year you can buy a second set of vouchers NO LATER THAN Dec 31, 2012 (ouch!).
  • UPGRADES ("official" word - we'll see what happens at GS):

• If the original retail price of your ticket/AP was GREATER THAN $399, you CANNOT get a refund and you CANNOT upgrade to the PAP. I repeated this back to him to verify I had it correctly - an existing ticket/AP costing more than $399 will not be upgraded.
    • If the original retail price was equal to or less than $399, you are "welcome to upgrade to the specially priced PAP, provided you do so before December 31, 2012". This must be done at a GS location.
He kept placing me on hold to check with a supervisor, and the supervisor contacted someone at the theme park to get accurate information for some of my questions.

As always YMMV, but I thought I'd share what I was told.

got off the phone with eric at ms earlier today, and was told the following:

• total price of the child or adult pap is $424.94, including tax (i calculated $422.94 @ 6% tax, but he said it's not exactly 6%?).

• 6.5%

you ARE permitted to buy multiple PAP vouchers for each household member. Thus, if you know you will activate one this calendar year and then again next year you can buy a second set of vouchers NO LATER THAN Dec 31, 2012 (ouch!).
Just keep in mind that the $399 dicounted PAP vouchers need to be activated by 12/31/13. If you're going to get two year's worth of trips out of these passes, your first one needs to be activated on a trip in the next two months.

If these vouchers worked the same was as regular vouchers, when they never expire, you can bet I'd be stocking up. With the restrictions, we'll only be able to get a single year out of it.

So I could upgrade my kids' APs because I paid $386 6 months ago? Not mine, because I paid $419. Really stupid if you ask me.

Just upgraded my 4 day hopper to the DVC PAP with no issues. What a great deal!

First Guest Relations at MK told we could not upgrade our 10 day hopper to the new PAP at the $399 price. Told we would have to pay the price as of Sept 22 as that was the first day used. Just walked away.

At Epcot later in the day it was no problem. paid an additional $25 to upgrade a 10 day Hopper + Water park to a PAP with an expiry date of Sept. No idea why the discrepincies between CMs.

First Guest Relations at MK told we could not upgrade our 10 day hopper to the new PAP at the $399 price. Told we would have to pay the price as of Sept 22 as that was the first day used. Just walked away.

At Epcot later in the day it was no problem. paid an additional $25 to upgrade a 10 day Hopper + Water park to a PAP with an expiry date of Sept. No idea why the discrepincies between CMs.

At least you were persistent. Can you imagine others who asked CM 1 and never went to CM 2.

I'm confused - it sounds like you overpaid though.
First you mention a 10 day hopper - that price is $399.38 with tax by my calculations. So if you had that it sounds like it should have cost just the tax on the DVC PAP to upgrade or about $25-26 (which is what you said).

Then you say you had a 10 day hopper + water parks. The price of that is $422.81 I came up with. The price of the DVC PAP with tax is just under $425. If you upgraded that kind of ticket, it should have only cost you a few dollars.

I have a question that may have already been addressed, so I apologize if this is a repeat.

I just purchased into DVC, and will be taking my first trip in May. Moving forward, I plan to purchase AP’s for each trip, and take advantage of the DVC discounted renewals. I have no desire for the PAP, as I’m not into the waterparks, DQ, etc. If I purchase the PAP @ $399 now, when it’s time to renew 12 months down the road, do I have to renew as a PAP, or can I renew this as a regular AP? Reason for asking, I really don’t plan to take advantage of the PAP, but as these are cheaper than the regular AP with the discount, I would like to take advantage of the discounted price, so long as I don’t have to renew it as a PAP. However, if I have to renew down the road as a PAP @ full renewal cost, it would actually be cheaper for me to stick with the regular AP.

• Discounted PAP $425 (tax included) + full price renewal down the road of $542 = $967 over two years
• Regular AP $453+ renewal of $410 = $862 over two years

Obviously, DVC is a long-term commitment, so I’m trying to look past the cheap entry point, and look at the total long-term cost. For those that take advantage of the PAP perks, this is obviously a fantastic deal.

Thanks!

--Andrew

I'm confused - it sounds like you overpaid though.
First you mention a 10 day hopper - that price is $399.38 with tax by my calculations. So if you had that it sounds like it should have cost just the tax on the DVC PAP to upgrade or about $25-26 (which is what you said).

Then you say you had a 10 day hopper + water parks. The price of that is $422.81 I came up with. The price of the DVC PAP with tax is just under $425. If you upgraded that kind of ticket, it should have only cost you a few dollars.

$25 was the total for 2 adults and 1 child. I think the child was like $20 and DH and I were $2 or something like that.

I have a question that may have already been addressed, so I apologize if this is a repeat.

I just purchased into DVC, and will be taking my first trip in May. Moving forward, I plan to purchase AP’s for each trip, and take advantage of the DVC discounted renewals. I have no desire for the PAP, as I’m not into the waterparks, DQ, etc. If I purchase the PAP @ $399 now, when it’s time to renew 12 months down the road, do I have to renew as a PAP, or can I renew this as a regular AP? Reason for asking, I really don’t plan to take advantage of the PAP, but as these are cheaper than the regular AP with the discount, I would like to take advantage of the discounted price, so long as I don’t have to renew it as a PAP. However, if I have to renew down the road as a PAP @ full renewal cost, it would actually be cheaper for me to stick with the regular AP.

• Discounted PAP $425 (tax included) + full price renewal down the road of $542 = $967 over two years
• Regular AP $453+ renewal of $410 = $862 over two years

Obviously, DVC is a long-term commitment, so I’m trying to look past the cheap entry point, and look at the total long-term cost. For those that take advantage of the PAP perks, this is obviously a fantastic deal.

Thanks!

--Andrew

I don't know how much you shop but a PAP gets you a 20% discount on merchandise. We saved $100 this trip.

dsneygirl said:
$25 was the total for 2 adults and 1 child. I think the child was like $20 and DH and I were $2 or something like that.

Oh. Okay I get it now. Sorry for my confusion.

I don't know how much you shop but a PAP gets you a 20% discount on merchandise. We saved $100 this trip.

Shopping is not a huge priority for us, but thanks for pointing this out. Something to take into consideration.

So is my logic correct on the renewal... renewing a PAP must be done with PAP the following time (not able to downgrade to an AP)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter