• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DISers in Jacksonville area

Lunch/coffee would be awesome!! Now we just need to pick a date in January! I'd prefer a Saturday as I have church on Sundays and weekdays are very busy in our household.

Saturday afternoons are good for me. I have skating practice until 12:30 but free after that.

Anybody else have a preference? :listen:

I'll be out of town January 25, any other Saturday is fine with me.

Maybe we can meet around 2ish on a Saturday afternoon at a Krispy Kreme on Atlantic or San Jose. I've also heard of this place on San Jose Blvd. called Three Sisters Chocolate. They have a chocolate bar (not a chocolate fountain) but a bar where you can order ice cream (right, in January?), desserts, milkshakes, etc.

For the only guy in those group (so far) we can meet at another place if you want.

I'm really open to whatever you decide.

I'm good with Saturday afternoon (after 12) DH can watch the kids. Atlantic area, town center, etc are good with me!!

Bummer wish this thread happened a few years ago. We lived in Ponte Vedra Beach until May. Visited DW every 2-3 months. DD is bummed that it'll be 9 months btw trips again. But now we can take other trips too since we don't use vacation money on visiting relatives anymore. Aulani here we come!

Hello neighbors! Just discovered this app/forum. Glad to see other WDW fans in JAX. I luv me some Disney!!!

How was everyone's Christmas?

We enjoyed having family over. We decided to stay at our house this year as we normally go to everyone else home. Plus we have a 6 month old and it was easier on us not having to travel. My parents came early in the morning and the kids opened their gifts then my DH parents came over that afternoon and had dinner with us. Of course I forgot to cook some of the things I planned to make. But it turned out rather well.

Anybody still up for a Jax Meet? I can't believe January is already a third over. This year needs to slow down a bit.

I would be up for a Jax meet in Feb or March. I haven't been back to thread in a while. I have been busy settling into my new house and also dealing with the repercussions of a car accident. (We closed on the house and got hit on the back to the house from a celebratory dinner Getting hit by a teen who was texting while driving (her admission) wasn't quite the welcome to Jacksonville that I had in mind.

New job, new house, rental car, lawyer, new doctors, new body shop. It's been quite hectic.

We were fortunate -- no dire injuries. I do need an MRI to determine if my shoulder pain is just from the seat belt or if I have a torn ligament.

I would be up for a Jax meet in Feb or March. I haven't been back to thread in a while. I have been busy settling into my new house and also dealing with the repercussions of a car accident. (We closed on the house and got hit on the back to the house from a celebratory dinner Getting hit by a teen who was texting while driving (her admission) wasn't quite the welcome to Jacksonville that I had in mind.

New job, new house, rental car, lawyer, new doctors, new body shop. It's been quite hectic.

We were fortunate -- no dire injuries. I do need an MRI to determine if my shoulder pain is just from the seat belt or if I have a torn ligament.

I hope things are better for you now. I am so sorry for your car accident. What a way to start a new life in a new city :hug:

I would be up for a Jax meet in Feb or March. I haven't been back to thread in a while. I have been busy settling into my new house and also dealing with the repercussions of a car accident. (We closed on the house and got hit on the back to the house from a celebratory dinner Getting hit by a teen who was texting while driving (her admission) wasn't quite the welcome to Jacksonville that I had in mind. New job, new house, rental car, lawyer, new doctors, new body shop. It's been quite hectic. We were fortunate -- no dire injuries. I do need an MRI to determine if my shoulder pain is just from the seat belt or if I have a torn ligament.

Yikes, not the greatest welcome and I hate to say, not the most uncommon either. Glad you made to the new house. Hope that shoulder gets better. Feb/March is good. Most of use don't sound like we're leaving anytime soon. Let us know if you help with directions, recommendations, or anything.

Yikes! Sorry to hear you're going through so many difficulties :-( I hope things get better for you!

Is anyone planning a Disney trip this year? We're planning a week long vacation for our youngests first trip over labor day holiday in September. I can't wait!!!!

Also how many people are wanting to set up a Disney-jax meet up??

How's everyone doing?

I have to admit that I don't check Disboards as frequently as Face Book.

I did see a Face Book page for Jacksonville Disney Addicts. It's started by a travel agent. I don't know this person or use the agency but I will post the link in case anyone wants to join the Jacksonville Disney Addicts. Some people like me just find Face Book a lot easier to access.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/548783295190298/

Is anyone going to the 24 hour day? It's Friday, May 23, 6 am to Saturday, May 24, 6 am at MK?

How about the Dapper Day on Sunday, March 9, at MK?

Hello all. I just discovered the Jax group on the boards. I work in Jax and live in Fernandina. We just went to WDW two weeks ago and one of my kids is back there today.

Name: Steve
Spouses name: divorcing :(
Years together: 23
Children: 2 daughters
Favorite Disney Park: Hard to pick one!
Favorite TS: I'm not sure what "TS" means but based on others answers, it must mean restaurants?
Favorite resort: Pop Century (so far)
How many times have you been to the world: 20? First visit in 1974.
Favorite character: Grumpy
Favorite ride: Rockin' Rollercoaster

Hi everyone! I just became an authorized Disney Vacation Planner. I live in the Mandarin area. Pm if I can help you with world or cruise FL discounts.

You may want to remove this because if a moderator sees this they could suspend you from the boards.

Hello all. I just discovered the Jax group on the boards. I work in Jax and live in Fernandina. We just went to WDW two weeks ago and one of my kids is back there today. Name: Steve Age: 51 Spouses name: divorcing :( Years together: 23 Children: 2 daughters Favorite Disney Park: Hard to pick one! Favorite TS: I'm not sure what "TS" means but based on others answers, it must mean restaurants? Favorite resort: Pop Century (so far) How many times have you been to the world: 20? First visit in 1974. Favorite character: Grumpy Favorite ride: Rockin' Rollercoaster

Welcome to our little group! We need to try and be more active here!

Hi everyone! My husband and I are new to the Jacksonville area but we loved our Dis group back in Indy. Each year on labor day, there was a meet up where we all brought a dish to share and we had a silent auction of Disney related items where the money went to Give Kids The World. We were hoping that there would be some similar group in this area. Does this group ever get together?

A little about us:
My name is Merrill (41) and my husband is Drew (42).
No Kids - 2 dogs
We love going to Epcot and doing Disney Cruises.
We moved here because I got a job at FSCJ. My husband works from home as a travel agent.
We are living in Callahan and having a great time exploring the NE Florida area!

I saw that someone posted a link to a FB page for Jax Disney addicts. I generally find FB easier to use so if you don't see me here often, I'll probably be there!

I went to high school in Callahan. Nice area. My family will be returning in about a year once I get out of the Marines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter