DISMEET 2022? Is Anyone Interested?

Tuesday, June 21

You all know the Neelys are not morning people. So our Gettysburg tickets weren't until 1:00pm. We got there at 4 minutes to 1:00. @PaHunter and Jen were already there (and waiting for us). We watched the film (the battle of Gettysburg) which was narrated by Morgan Freeman and then headed to the Cyclorama (what a fantastic work of art).

groupatgetts.jpg

Then about 2:15, Damien and I headed to the Museum. I did speed museum and was done by 3:00. Damien on the other hand had to read everything and didn't get out until 4:45pm. I know you are all thinking, what did you do for an hour and 45 minutes. Well, I waited, I then went to the gift store and got postcards for my pen pals. I waited. Passed the time by writing out each of my postcards. I waited. I then got some ice cream (two scoops). One scoop was for Damien, but it melted and I ended up having a scoop of ice cream soup. I waited and waited. When he came out, he saw the look on my face and said what's wrong. Totally oblivious to the time. I could not even be mad because he so enjoyed the museum. But in true wife fashion, I just shook my head and said we are going to the outlet mall.

At the outlet mall, he bought more stuff than I did. We got $2 flip flops from Old Navy... a great score. We also went to Jack's Cider House and Damien had a flight of ciders. I had a glass of sangria which was pretty amazing for a cider house. It was open mic night and there were some characters (not the Disney kind) performing.

cider house.jpg

Finally back to the camper, where I finished my wings and Damien his hamburger from the night before. @PaHunter and Chris came to visit. This was the first time we had visitors in our camper. Our camper wasn't tidy in the least bit... we call it lived in. We made plans to head to Shady Maple the next day and that is where we are now headed.

Until tomorrow...

Great pic of the 4 of you. It sounds like a great day. And I would have been right with Damien reading everything. Donna would have been out keeping you company.
Our camper wasn't tidy in the least bit... we call it lived in. We made plans to head to Shady Maple the next day and that is where we are now headed.

Until tomorrow...
I think most of us keep a "lived in" decor in our campers. :)

j

Last edited:
So while I am not an early riser, sometimes we have to make sacrifices. So I (we, thanks goose.) decided to do the mueseum earlier, then make it to the movie. So we arrived about 10am and started in the mueseum. We got thru about 1230, and it was time for this fella to eat . bed a burger (meh) and then headed out to the lobby and ran into Benita and Damien. Went in to the show then the cyclorama. We hit the gift shop for a couple books and headed back to the campground. DW then headed off to Hershey while I kept the dog company. After dinner I headed over first to visit with Damien and Benita, DW followed in a bit. Hung out in the the late hours before we retired to your coach for the night.

So today was a late start day by design. We met up with Benit, and Damien for a short cruise over to Shady Maple. We arrived there and said we would meet back up at 4 when dinner started to be served. We hit the gift shop which is the whole bottom floor under the restaurant. We then headed down to the farmers market which is their grocery store. If they don't have it you probably do not need it. Scrapple, sheep cheese, smoked turkey legs(disney sized), half chickens, brisket, whole pork ribs, ham, baked goods, homemade soups and deserts.
On the way back, DW stopped at Sheetz for gas, me I ordered half a sub. Got back just after 9pm, raining here, some lighting further out around the area. Rain is supposed to stop about 2pm tomorrow so should be a nice cool evening for our get together either at the back of our site or the pavilion located just up the road a skip away.
tomorrow brings more adventure and shenanigins.

While Damian and Chris and Jen and Benita were busy with their yesterday adventures, my husband and I headed to Gettysburg Battlefield for a bus tour. It took about two hours-very informative. Our guide was great. Then, onto Dobbins Tavern for an early dinner. It was rainy, but not a real issue. Tried to load a few pictures, but the internet is not cooperating right now. We were asleep before anyone even got back from Lancaster. :)

Ok we are headinf out to the museum. Will be back after lunch and then be around the camper. Let me know if we need anything for later, and an approximate time. Thanks!

Wednesday, June 22

As @PaHunter said, we headed to Lancaster to the Shady Maple. It is a destination in itself. We arrived around lunchtime and decided to wait for dinner. So we first went to the gift shop. There are so many things in this gift shop that you don't need, but want. I was in shopping heaven. I was good and did not break the bank. Two interesting things. (1) They had wooden postcards that you can actually mail. Of course I had to buy those for my pen pals. I will have to take those to the post office for special hand stamping instructions. Did I tell you in addition to Dollar Trees, I like going to the post office and libraries? Thank goodness I have a husband who indulges me. (2) I snapped a picture of this neat sign.
mobile device.jpg

Damien and I headed over to the grocery store. I went crazy. As Chris said, they had smoked turkey legs. I was so happy with the price that I got a few to take back home. I am going to use them to make some collard greens. WooHoo! I also got some cookies that I am having with my coffee right now. Another great find was some thin bone-in center cut pork chops. I bought a pack and promised Damien I would cook some fried pork chops on Friday.
breakfast.jpg

Once back at the smorgasbord, I ate like nobody's business. I do not like buffets... never had a bad experience at one... there are just too many choices and I get overwhelmed. Thus, I tend to stick to just one thing. I picked roast beef, rice and gravy that looked decent. It was scrumptious and flavorful. I had two plates, but could have eaten 100. The selections of food were amazing. But what stood out was the variety in beverages. The even had slushes in 4 flavors. But the best part was the company. We talked and laughed and just had a good time. Such great times. @PaHunter graciously paid for our meal and I want to publicly thank him for his generosity.
collage.jpg
Damien and I finished the day by hitting up 3 Dollar Trees on the way back. The fourth once was closed; he promised to take me back on Friday (my reward for cooking him fried pork chops).

Today is our get together. I still haven't gotten my fruit. Hopefully, the hubby will wake up soon and go get it.

Ok , so somehow I missed this while checking in when it was raining. Looks like a ton of stuff for the kido to do on Saturday, plus, with bbq, no cooking. And dad can relax with beer or wine. This is a win , win. 20220623_142203.jpg20220623_142203.jpg

Thursday, June 23

Since it is now late on Friday, I will give you an account of Thursday in pictures.

We didn't get moving until 2pm. Time to make get the fruit and make the fruit tray for the potluck. There was no shortage of food.
food.jpg

Then came the eating...
eating.jpg

After full bellies, we relaxed...

relaxing.jpg

Today we hit up two breweries (and a Dollar Tree). Check back tomorrow for our report...

So Thursday was another hang around camp day. That was until about lunch time when I started to make some food for the get together. Made some chili, some pepper steak and rice to go with both. DW whipped up some deviled eggs and of course we had some banana bread with chocolate chips.
everyone showed up about 5 and we had a good dinner and some really great fellowship afterward around the campfire.

This morning Damien and I did some window shopping, well he did better than I did. I found something I just could not resist and it followed me home. No it is not an animal of any type. This afternoon we were going to tour around town, but DW had a headache, so we relaxed. After dinner went and visited with Spencer for awhile.
Tomorrow some touring in town.

Last edited:
Another beautiful day on tap here, this afternoon some touring around town. Then back to the campground for the evening. Maybe everyone will stop down for a last evening fireside chat. Cruising Spud left this morning and wish them safe travels, enjoyed meeting them on this trip.

Yesterday, we toured the shops in yown , did the pool and mini golf. Ate at dobbins tavern. We also opted for a 430 early dinneras it was friday and when we left there was a line. We chatted with PA hunter later in the night. Today, is carnival games, and then we will hit the BBQ for lunch in a few. Followed by the pool and the 4pm bus tour of Gettysburg with benitaN. After that we could do another fireside chat. Lol. 20220624_154443.jpg20220624_163215.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter