DISMEET 2022? Is Anyone Interested?

So this afternoon ran into town and visited the Shriver House. It is a 30 minute tour that explains how the war affected ordinary civilians whom were caught in the middle. After the tour, we were gonna do more walking but the heat was just killing me. we returned to the campground via grocery store so I could cool off. Sun is starting to set and headed out to relax for awhile.
Tomorrow the campground will be emptying out is my prediction. We may head out for lunch in town for one last meal. Have some other places to eat when we come back.

Ok so, we enjoyed the double decker bus trip with BenitaN , it was hot as PAhunter said. But we trudged through it. I learned a lot along the way. Took some pictures from the top of the bus. The kido wanted to eat the chicken from the BBQ guy that was at the campground. Unfortunately they were awol. So , since someone was talking about pork chops the other day, I had them defrosted and ready to go. So, some pictures. 20220625_184156.jpg20220625_174036.jpg20220625_171455.jpg20220625_172547.jpg20220625_170648.jpg20220625_161204.jpg

Oh, and we got this picture from the bus also. Someone will recognize it! :tongue: :tongue:
20220625_161159.jpg

Sunday morning and the campground cleared out quickly with the threat of storms today. Finally some rain about 4pm, hot and humid, but no thunderstorms. We were going to go in to town for dinner, but DW caught a cold and was nice enough to share. So has been a day relaxing at the site. Booked Artillery Ridge for October, it is the sister park to Gettysburg, see how it is, and figure weather will be cooler. Will be adding photos to finish out this trip once I get home.
Next trip is with the nephews in a couple weeks. So get home, repack, restock and be ready to do again.

We left sunday morning early and took a slow drive home. We arrived safe and sound around 130 pm. It was a pleasure to meet and talk with everyone at Gettysburg and we hope to get together with everyone soon. Wishing all a safe trip home.

Friday, June 24

Damien and @PaHunter had some men bonding time in the morning which allowed me time to myself. I just tidied up the camper and pretended to do some school work.

In the afternoon, we went to my favorite... the Dollar Tree. I scored some great crafting stuff. It was worth the trip. On the way towards town, we hit up 2 breweries. The buffalo chicken fries at the Battlefield Brew Works were delicious. The poutine at the Maxon Dixon Distillery weren't that tasty. But they has a cocktail that was divine, Jack Sparrow. I had to buy a boxtail to take home.
battlefield.jpgmaxon dixon.jpg
After the breweries, we were sleepy. We laid down around 5:00pm for a nap. Woke up a 8pm to feed the dog and went back to sleep.

Saturday, June 25

We were scheduled for a bus tour at 4:30pm. But before that, we went to our favorite wing place. We also had some philly cheesesteak fries. They were as good as the first time.
morewings.jpg

The bus tour was fantastic, although it was hot as heck and we were on the upper deck. We went with @Sjm9911 and his daughter.
bus tour.jpg

After that, Damien and I headed to our favorite cocktail place and had a few adult beverages. I made nice with the bar manager, and she gave me the recipe for our two favorites.

We finished the evening at @Sjm9911 site, talking, laughing and just having a good old time.

We left on Sunday around noon. Made it home around 7:30pm. In the bed by 8:00pm. We don't mess around with sleeping.

Monday...we went to clean out the RV since we were both off. I'm still washing clothes.

Tuesday...the campground where we stored our RV crashed their riding lawn mower into our RV and got it stuck. :furious: I called Damien at work, and he will go assess the damage when he gets off.

I will leave you all with this fun picture. Our furry family members enjoyed the adventure and new smells; they were troopers throughout the trip.
dogs.jpg

Friday, June 24

Damien and @PaHunter had some men bonding time in the morning which allowed me time to myself. I just tidied up the camper and pretended to do some school work.

In the afternoon, we went to my favorite... the Dollar Tree. I scored some great crafting stuff. It was worth the trip. On the way towards town, we hit up 2 breweries. The buffalo chicken fries at the Battlefield Brew Works were delicious. The poutine at the Maxon Dixon Distillery weren't that tasty. But they has a cocktail that was divine, Jack Sparrow. I had to buy a boxtail to take home.
View attachment 680100View attachment 680101
After the breweries, we were sleepy. We laid down around 5:00pm for a nap. Woke up a 8pm to feed the dog and went back to sleep.

Saturday, June 25

We were scheduled for a bus tour at 4:30pm. But before that, we went to our favorite wing place. We also had some philly cheesesteak fries. They were as good as the first time.
View attachment 680102

The bus tour was fantastic, although it was hot as heck and we were on the upper deck. We went with @Sjm9911 and his daughter.
View attachment 680103

After that, Damien and I headed to our favorite cocktail place and had a few adult beverages. I made nice with the bar manager, and she gave me the recipe for our two favorites.

We finished the evening at @Sjm9911 site, talking, laughing and just having a good old time.
What a good looking bunch of people!

We left sunday morning early and took a slow drive home. We arrived safe and sound around 130 pm. It was a pleasure to meet and talk with everyone at Gettysburg and we hope to get together with everyone soon. Wishing all a safe trip home.
Tell Olivia hello from Ohio.

BenitaN, please let us know what damage was done on your camper.(only if you want to share) I hope nothing serious. Love your pictures & trip report. Sounded as y'all had a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter