Disney’s Magic Band FAQ Link

If you sign up for USPS 'Informed Delivery' it will track the package through the system. That might let you know if it gets to the post office sooner than the 18th. It also gives you the option to say "hold for pickup". It also sends you pics of the mail that's going to be delivered each day so you know if you need to rush to the mailbox because a credit card or a check is arriving or if it's just a bunch of junk mail.
Yes, I have that but thanks for the tip. We put a hold on our mail for our trip so that's taken care of. The worst is that I just won't get it in time for this trip but I do have a new band for pickup at BWV and a few older bands packed. I just didn't want to be left in my hall area.

Post 1 is current information but, photos are never guaranteed. Many guests do not receive their ride photos, even with a new MB+, bluetooth on, MDE app open, etc. At best it's hit or miss unfortunately.

Unfortunately I cannot answer question 2 as nothing is guaranteed to ALWAYS work.

Thank you, completely understood. Seems like having the MDE app open and and older bluetooth give same chance then.

Know there are no guarantees, but theoretically it seems it SHOULD always work at least then.

Thank you!

Thank you, completely understood. Seems like having the MDE app open and and older bluetooth give same chance then.

Know there are no guarantees, but theoretically it seems it SHOULD always work at least then.

Thank you!
It should but in reality it doesn’t. Last summer we averaged about 60-70% of pics. And, there was no rhyme or reason about what we got. Rode Guardians almost every day and got about 50% of pics.

Something else that is happening in a regular basis is, Pirates timing is off and you will likely get pics of another boat, not yours.

If I get a Magic Band + but don't recharge it will act the same as an old Magic Band? Not interested in the options of fireworks and so on.

If I get a Magic Band + but don't recharge it will act the same as an old Magic Band? Not interested in the options of fireworks and so on.
Yes, it will act the same as the older MBs. Tapping Mickey to Mickey will work, linking long distance ride photos won’t.

It should but in reality it doesn’t. Last summer we averaged about 60-70% of pics. And, there was no rhyme or reason about what we got. Rode Guardians almost every day and got about 50% of pics.

Something else that is happening in a regular basis is, Pirates timing is off and you will likely get pics of another boat, not yours.

Good to know, thank you!

Anyone else notice the listing for older bands under https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/bands-cards is now automatically changing to inactive, and even LOST?? (see the example screen shot below)

It doesn't seem to be impacting anything. I mean I still have all my bands listed, its just when I use an older one I have to "report found", instead of Activate, to use it.

While I've deactivated bands in the past, I've never marked a band lost (because I haven't lost one yet).

I wonder if this is to combat the "too many active bands" problem I see? -- We've noticed when we have too many bands that are marked active, We'll have bands which don't work for tapping (like unlocking resort room door), even though the particular band is linked, assigned and active and was use the last trip. NOW To play it safe we deactivate all but the bands we bring on our trips and will be using. We test the bands on the resort room door lock. In some cases, even though they are active, we've still have had to deactivate/reactivate some of the bands to make them work/unlock the door.

Example: First band is just deactivated. The second band was automatically deactivated AND marked lost by the system.

1703607048738.png

My MagicBand+ is indicating (thru MDE) there is an update available - I thought I'd seen somewhere Not to do the update, but maybe that was old info. Does anyone know if we should do the current update or is there some downside? We just use to tap in - could care less about the statues and light functions ;)
If I recall correctly that is old info from when MB+ first came out, as the update was "bricking" the bands.

The current update seems to optimize battery life (so it lasts longer on a charge), and hasn't caused me issues with any of the more than 10 MB+ bands of mine that I've updated.

if i have a magicband linked to a profile that is managed by someone else's MDE account, and i then link my own MDE account to that profile, does that magicband then transfer to my account, or is that locked behind that profile on their account forever?

if i have a magicband linked to a profile that is managed by someone else's MDE account, and i then link my own MDE account to that profile, does that magicband then transfer to my account, or is that locked behind that profile on their account forever?
I just replied to your other post. You need to link that old profile to the new one, and the MBs will transfer over.

Hi.
I am just reconfirming that if I have a MB from when they first came out, I can still have my tickets linked to my MB.
I'm AP and DVC, so it's not for me, but for my ds, who is leaving for Disney with his GF on Monday.
They purchased tickets (through the GF's MDE app, which she just downloaded) and hoping he can still use his old MB (I
purchased one for the GF for her stocking for Christmas).
I will ask them to go to the front desk at GFVs when they arrive to make sure all in order, but just wanted to reconfirm
the old MB will still work for rides. They don't care about the ride pictures or PhotoPass.

Also, this brings me to another question. I have my ds on my MDE and his GF has my ds on her MDE.
I do not see that he has tickets on MDE but since she has him on her MDE and purchased the tickets, should
it show up on her MDE (I'll look to see the little ticket icon when I see her this weekend).

Thank you all very much.

Hi.
I am just reconfirming that if I have a MB from when they first came out, I can still have my tickets linked to my MB.
I'm AP and DVC, so it's not for me, but for my ds, who is leaving for Disney with his GF on Monday.
They purchased tickets (through the GF's MDE app, which she just downloaded) and hoping he can still use his old MB (I
purchased one for the GF for her stocking for Christmas).
I will ask them to go to the front desk at GFVs when they arrive to make sure all in order, but just wanted to reconfirm
the old MB will still work for rides. They don't care about the ride pictures or PhotoPass.

Also, this brings me to another question. I have my ds on my MDE and his GF has my ds on her MDE.
I do not see that he has tickets on MDE but since she has him on her MDE and purchased the tickets, should
it show up on her MDE (I'll look to see the little ticket icon when I see her this weekend).

Thank you all very much.
Older MagicBands will continue to work for tapping (enter park, LL queue, photopass photograper, if staying on site its used for opening room door, tap to charge to room, etc). The long range features like auto linking ride photos on rides like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Pirates, Frozen, Guardians, etc. (rides which do not have a bank of monitors for you to find and tap to claim) will not.

They will work if they are properly linked to your account an assigned to you. You just want to go in and make sure they are still marked active.

The second part of your post is the issue in this case. When you setup your son's MDE account, you set him up under you. So in your Family and Friends list you see him but it probably says "managed by me". When GF set him up under her, she did the same, and will likely see him as "managed by me" which makes it TWO SEPARATE ACCOUNTS. So MagicBands, tickets, resort stays linked to his account under you are completely different from bands/tickets/room linked under her account. That means in the current state he can't use the older bands from his account under you, with his tickets on the account under her and vice versa.

I would get the email address she used for her My Disney Account, call Disney (407) 934-7639 , explain the situation. You need to merge your son's TWO accounts. If he is 13 or older, they will likely split him off of both your and his GF, and create 1 combined stand alone MDE account for him using his email address. Then link that account as Family/Friends to you and the GF. Once done, he'll see his bands, reservations, tickets, etc. under his account, and anyone linked and sharing with him will also see it.

Older MagicBands will continue to work for tapping (enter park, LL queue, photopass photograper, if staying on site its used for opening room door, tap to charge to room, etc). The long range features like auto linking ride photos on rides like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Pirates, Frozen, Guardians, etc. (rides which do not have a bank of monitors for you to find and tap to claim) will not.

They will work if they are properly linked to your account an assigned to you. You just want to go in and make sure they are still marked active.

The second part of your post is the issue in this case. When you setup your son's MDE account, you set him up under you. So in your Family and Friends list you see him but it probably says "managed by me". When GF set him up under her, she did the same, and will likely see him as "managed by me" which makes it TWO SEPARATE ACCOUNTS. So MagicBands, tickets, resort stays linked to his account under you are completely different from bands/tickets/room linked under her account. That means in the current state he can't use the older bands from his account under you, with his tickets on the account under her and vice versa.

I would get the email address she used for her My Disney Account, call Disney (407) 934-7639 , explain the situation. You need to merge your son's TWO accounts. If he is 13 or older, they will likely split him off of both your and his GF, and create 1 combined stand alone MDE account for him using his email address. Then link that account as Family/Friends to you and the GF. Once done, he'll see his bands, reservations, tickets, etc. under his account, and anyone linked and sharing with him will also see it.
OMG, this sounds like a mess and thank you for the information.
I will see her today or tomorrow and call while she is there but now I understand a little better that
she may have his tickets under her MDE since they purchased under her account but his old bands under mine
will not work.

So, now she has a MB and my ds does not and the whole point of my adding that to her stocking
was so they both didn't need to think about cards. Could he get a MB at GFVs at the front desk if I don't see GF
this weekend before they leave on Monday morning.

OMG, this sounds like a mess and thank you for the information.
I will see her today or tomorrow and call while she is there but now I understand a little better that
she may have his tickets under her MDE since they purchased under her account but his old bands under mine
will not work.

So, now she has a MB and my ds does not and the whole point of my adding that to her stocking
was so they both didn't need to think about cards. Could he get a MB at GFVs at the front desk if I don't see GF
this weekend before they leave on Monday morning.
I don’t think the resort front desk keeps MBs anymore since they’re not free with resort reservations, but your DS can go to the gift shop and buy one, then link it to his profile in his GF’s MDE.

Thank you SO SO MUCH! I NEVER would have thought to call to get this straightened out but I did on Saturday and
all fixed!

I called DVC MS and spoke with a knowledgeable CM while my son and GF were with me and he straightened it all
out for us, while my ds made his own MDE account and then the CM did whatever he needed to do for GF and me. My ds had only four MBs that were active, one of which I found was the first issue but it said it was
activated and all should be good. The CM saw it and it is linked with the tickets. Thank you very much.

I don’t think the resort front desk keeps MBs anymore since they’re not free with resort reservations, but your DS can go to the gift shop and buy one, then link it to his profile in his GF’s MDE.
Thank you. My ds's first edition MB was active and the DVC CM had it linked to his GFs (and I think mine, not sure) account so he is all good.

They arrived today.

Thank you again both of you, I so appreciate the advise!

I haven't been back to WDW since 2021 so I have a lot to catch up on. I am planning a girl's trip with my BFF in September. I have an MDE account and so does she. I sent her a connection invite through Friends and Family which she accepted.

We have both decided to order new Magic Band+ for our trip. I found one I liked in ShopDisney and ordered it. It has already shipped and I plan to connect it to MDE when it arrives. I was logged into my account when I placed the order.

My friend is trying to order one but she would like to design her band. When she goes in to do this, the system will only let her design two (one for each of us). How can she design one just for herself? Why is it trying to link our MB+ orders together?

Thanks for the advice here!

My friend is trying to order one but she would like to design her band. When she goes in to do this, the system will only let her design two (one for each of us). How can she design one just for herself? Why is it trying to link our MB+ orders together?
What she can do is select you and then under your name & avatar click "Decline a MagicBand". This will allow her to order a new band just for herself.

What she can do is select you and then under your name & avatar click "Decline a MagicBand". This will allow her to order a new band just for herself.
Thanks, Michael!

And that won't affect my being able to connect to the band I ordered, right?

Thanks, Michael!

And that won't affect my being able to connect to the band I ordered, right?

It won't affect the band you ordered or any of your older bands on your account. It will keep you from deciding you want a second band this trip and being able to order one on MDE with the discount. You have to order both of them at the same time if you both want a band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter