**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Ok, I have read this several times. Not sure which of us is confused here.

With the DVC discount, the ticket will still be $100 a person once you include tax. So, for three people to purchase tickets, it would cost $300. That would be in addition to any other tickets that you have. If you want to spend all day and night at HS, you would need to but a normal ticket, plus another $95 + tax for the Disney After Hours event.

If you already have an annual pass, then this event would cost you another $95 + tax.

Not sure where the $32 or $48 figure is coming from...

They are trying to figure out the difference between this and Early Morning Magic.

Example: I paid $241.77 for 2 adults and 1 child to attend HS EMM. I'm planning on canceling that and booking this instead. That will be about $60 more for my family. It means we are also canceling our Garden Grill breakfast the next day, so we come out ahead.

They are trying to figure out the difference between this and Early Morning Magic.

Example: I paid $241.77 for 2 adults and 1 child to attend HS EMM. I'm planning on canceling that and booking this instead. That will be about $60 more for my family. It means we are also canceling our Garden Grill breakfast the next day, so we come out ahead.

Ah, ok, Now I know, I was the one who was confused...

Thanks!

Again, from an investor point of view, a great way for the company to make money, and for us stockholders to see some returns.

Now...if we could just count on Disney to use all of this new found revenue to make the parks better! ;)

Ok, I have read this several times. Not sure which of us is confused here.

With the DVC discount, the ticket will still be $100 a person once you include tax. So, for three people to purchase tickets, it would cost $300. That would be in addition to any other tickets that you have. If you want to spend all day and night at HS, you would need to but a normal ticket, plus another $95 + tax for the Disney After Hours event.

If you already have an annual pass, then this event would cost you another $95 + tax.

Not sure where the $32 or $48 figure is coming from...

Sorry, I am positive it is me LOL
I was comparing that I purchased EMM at HS for an hour in TS Land with breakfast at ABC, with my AP discount which came to $253.
So, if I canceled the EMM at HS and then for approximately $50 more total for the three of us, I could purchase the DAH at HS with longer hours
and more attractions. Am I not understanding this correctly and/or the math? Please let me know since I am considering changing from my
purchased EMM at HS for an hour at TSL to DAH at HS, thinking it would not cost more than $50-$80 to change for three people? :crazy:

Sorry, I am positive it is me LOL
I was comparing that I purchased EMM at HS for an hour in TS Land with breakfast at ABC, with my AP discount which came to $253.
So, if I canceled the EMM at HS and then for approximately $50 more total for the three of us, I could purchase the DAH at HS with longer hours
and more attractions. Am I not understanding this correctly and/or the math? Please let me know since I am considering changing from my
purchased EMM at HS for an hour at TSL to DAH at HS, thinking it would not cost more than $50-$80 to change for three people? :crazy:

See my post above. I'm looking at about $60 more to switch to DAH with the AP discount. I paid $241.77 for EMM. There isn't a discount on EMM.

Thank you :) I just saw your post after responding to the other poster.
I'm glad you responded since I thought I was going crazy, which wouldn't be the first time LOL

We currently have Highway in the Sky Dinearound the night before our HS EMM so seriously thinking of changing to DAH HS but this would also mean
I need to redo the itinerary and just did FPs on Monday morning. I will see but seeing that I think I am correct that this will not be too much more than what
I currently have, I may just change over to the evening.

Thank you.

Hi.

I am thinking about canceling my EMM HS for January 9 and booking DAH HS for January 5 but I have a question.
If we are thinking that DAH HS will begin at 8:00 pm, how would that work if there is a SWGE scheduled for 8:30 pm?
Wouldn't that mean that people can still be getting in lines at 8:30 pm and then the parks really won't be cleared out with only
DAH people until about 9/9:30 pm?

Thank you very much.

If you purchase this, can it be cancelled? I'm not planning on doing either right now, but just curious if there is a cancellation policy on these events.

If you purchase this, can it be cancelled? I'm not planning on doing either right now, but just curious if there is a cancellation policy on these events.
AH is non-refundable like a party ticket.

EMM is booked like dining and requires park admission whereas AH is a separate ticketed event.

Last edited:
EMM and AH both state "non-refundable" in the fine print. However, EMM is booked like dining and requires park admission whereas AF is a separate ticketed event.

EMM actually is refundable, many have cancelled and gotten their money back. DAH acts more like a Halloween or Christmas party, and is likewise non-refundable.

EMM actually is refundable, many have cancelled and gotten their money back. DAH acts more like a Halloween or Christmas party, and is likewise non-refundable.
Removed content not to be confusing

Last edited:
MK and DHS EMM are both refundable. MK DAH is not. I assume AK and DHS DAH will also not be refundable, but I am not 100% sure on that.

Did I help or just help muddy the water more :upsidedow

MK and DHS EMM are both refundable. MK DAH is not. I assume AK and DHS DAH will also not be refundable, but I am not 100% sure on that.

Interesting. Maybe the change to EMM at MK changed the terms? I never booked because I never could 100% commit far out. Still listed on the MK booking page.

B9CE10CA-DBEC-4092-A1CC-5114221C8360.jpeg

Hi.

I am thinking about canceling my EMM HS for January 9 and booking DAH HS for January 5 but I have a question.
If we are thinking that DAH HS will begin at 8:00 pm, how would that work if there is a SWGE scheduled for 8:30 pm?
Wouldn't that mean that people can still be getting in lines at 8:30 pm and then the parks really won't be cleared out with only
DAH people until about 9/9:30 pm?

Thank you very much.
There will be day guests in the park but they won’t be allowed in lines after 8 if that’s when the park will close. The parks really don’t clear out every time. Most people will leave because they can’t ride rides but there will definitely still be people that linger and try to get on rides.

Hi. For those that canceled, do you know if they just did online (I can see online there is a button to cancel) or did they have to call to get the refund?
Thanks.

Interesting. Maybe the change to EMM at MK changed the terms? I never booked because I never could 100% commit far out. Still listed on the MK booking page.

View attachment 363784
Thank you! I was telling my DH about this offering and he said it would be good for people to book it at the end of their trip and cancel it if you end up doing all the FP's during the earlier part of your trip. I didn't think they would let you cancel once booked.

Last edited:
Thank you! I Was telling my DH about this offering and he said it would be good for people to book it at the end of their trip and cancel it if you end up doing all the FP's during the earlier part of your trip. I didn't think they would let you cancel once booked.
If those who have booked and cancelled for MK have received refunds without exceptions, it could be a mistake on the website (MDE is far from perfect). I would maybe consult the MK EMM thread to see reports. I just knew I had seen it somewhere on the page.

EMM is treated like a dining reservation. For some reason the info on the details page says non refundable, but when you go to make the reservation the small print that you have to check that you read says the same 1 day cancellation period that dining reservations have. There is a cancel reservation button on your itinerary the same as your regular dining reservations. I currently have 2 days of DHS EMM scheduled and will cancel one after we firm up our plans 100%, and people have been able to snag EMM after people cancel, like ADRs. I think I have also read of someone calling in and dropping some of their guests from the reservation, but keeping it for others (ie going from 7 to 5 people). This is addressed in the first few informational posts by GADisneyDad on the MK EMM thread, and I imagine it is on the DHS one as well but I didn't actually check.

If those who have booked and cancelled for MK have received refunds without exceptions, it could be a mistake on the website (MDE is far from perfect). I would maybe consult the MK EMM thread to see reports. I just knew I had seen it somewhere on the page.

My email states there is a 1 day cancellation policy:

Cancel
- There is a 1 day cancellation policy. Full price will be charged / forfeited if Guest cancels within 1 day or no shows for the reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter