**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Thanks for those that have chimed in on the cancellation policies. I'll repeat it just for confirmation:

EMM - 1 day cancellation policy with full refund
DAH - Non-refundable (it's like a park ticket or hard-ticket event such as MVMCP or MNSSHP... you don't want to buy your ticket unless you know for sure you are going)

FWIW, from the MK & DHS EMM FAQ (since Disney's information does conflict)...

What Is The EMM Cancellation Policy?
  • There is a 1 day cancellation policy for EMM
  • The full price will be forfeited if a guest cancels within 1 day or no shows for the reservation.
  • Note: There is language on Disney's EMM page that says "tickets are nonrefundable" - this is NOT accurate. If you go through the booking process and read the actual terms/conditions, it notes the 1 day cancellation policy.

Hi.

I am thinking about canceling my EMM HS for January 9 and booking DAH HS for January 5 but I have a question.
If we are thinking that DAH HS will begin at 8:00 pm, how would that work if there is a SWGE scheduled for 8:30 pm?
Wouldn't that mean that people can still be getting in lines at 8:30 pm and then the parks really won't be cleared out with only
DAH people until about 9/9:30 pm?

Thank you very much.

This is one of the details that I will be closely watching and am very curious about. It is somewhat normal for DHS to - at times - have their fireworks show after park closing hours.

Disney either intends to keep it that way, in that case fireworks and day guests will continue into DAH time. OR they intend to extend hours.

There have been dates where MK had fireworks at park closing time/the start of DAH even time, but MK doesn't do their fireworks after park closing so there's no precedent at the moment.

There will be day guests in the park but they won’t be allowed in lines after 8 if that’s when the park will close. The parks really don’t clear out every time. Most people will leave because they can’t ride rides but there will definitely still be people that linger and try to get on rides.

Thank you. But what I was worried/thinking about is this SWGE (I'm guessing it is Star Wars, I don't follow we are not fans LOL) and that starts at 8:30 pm according
to the spreadsheet. So the people in the park, can still get on line at 8:30 pm, is that correct?

Thank you. But what I was worried/thinking about is this SWGE (I'm guessing it is Star Wars, I don't follow we are not fans LOL) and that starts at 8:30 pm according
to the spreadsheet. So the people in the park, can still get on line at 8:30 pm, is that correct?

They technically are not supposed to. The park closes at 8pm.

Not to belabor the point, but I suspect the part about EMM being non-refundable is probably more about them not giving you your money back if a ride isn't open or if there's a weather issue.

Not to belabor the point, but I suspect the part about EMM being non-refundable is probably more about them not giving you your money back if a ride isn't open or if there's a weather issue.

I thought the EMM were refundable and the DAH events were non refundable.
I will see soon since I went online and canceled my EMM at HS since I will be booking DAH at HS, just as I have done for MK.

I thought the EMM were refundable and the DAH events were non refundable.
I will see soon since I went online and canceled my EMM at HS since I will be booking DAH at HS, just as I have done for MK.
Yes, they ARE refundable at the 24-hour mark or before, but they still include language that states they aren't refundable (which is obviously very confusing), so I was just saying they might be talking about the fact that you can't get your money back after the event or something along those lines. Kinda like, "Hey, we aren't really guaranteeing anything here (other than food and a few rides, subject to availability) so purchase the ticket and attend at your own risk."

I didn't consider the 8 PM closing time and 8:30 PM fireworks. I think if the event runs from 8-11 that might be a deal breaker for me. That means if you want to see the fireworks you are giving up almost an hour of DAH time. I will definitely have to wait to see the hours and early reports before deciding. We were looking at the 2/16 date.

They can stay and watch fireworks, but they won't be allowed in the ride lines past 8.

I didn't consider the 8 PM closing time and 8:30 PM fireworks. I think if the event runs from 8-11 that might be a deal breaker for me. That means if you want to see the fireworks you are giving up almost an hour of DAH time. I will definitely have to wait to see the hours and early reports before deciding. We were looking at the 2/16 date.
Will you have another night that you could catch the fireworks?

Will you have another night that you could catch the fireworks?

No, we are doing a quick 3 night adults only trip. We weren't even going to go to DHS, but we have not seen Toy Story Land and thought this would be a good opportunity. While I have seen the fireworks, my Husband hasn't, so if we go we would want to include that. We are already doing DAH at MK on 2/14, so this was really just a bonus if it works out.

I’m only familiar w/ EMM..., just curious for those who have participated n DAH if characters are usually available for photo ops?

I’m only familiar w/ EMM..., just curious for those who have participated n DAH if characters are usually available for photo ops?

We only have the MK DAH events to go by, but for those there are no characters out, only a few standard meet/greet locations open such as Mickey, Tinker Bell, Ariel in her Grotto, Princess Fairytale Hall (full open attraction list here).

One of the gripes about MK DAH, if you want to call it that, is that there aren't any special characters out. It's just pure, raw, MK without any bells and whistles - which in my opinion is a good thing, although it would be kind of cool to have a few out roaming.

I am curious to see if DHS and AK DAH events will be similar, or if they'll add some special characters (or to hear which regular meet/greets they keep open). Some think those parks "need" something else (like characters) given the lower attraction count to spread crowds around.

They better have Mike and Sully out!!!!

giphy.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter